UI needs an update as avatars shouldnt be taken from people regularly anymore

Aia del Mana

20 minutes ago, Chewett said:

Sorry to hear that Steno, I put an end to reclaiming avatars unless the person was completely unknown but I think someone before me must have reclaimed yours :(

If avatars do not return to the store after six months of absence, should this be updated to reflect this in the interface?

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, Aia del Mana said:

If avatars do not return to the store after six months of absence, should this be updated to reflect this in the interface?

It shouldnt be automatic anymore, I will make this a bug report.

To be fair, this change could have been implemented years ago.  As I was inactive for a baker's dozen of years. So you might have already changed this in the code. I don't want to take away from our coders' time over something that isn't really a problem right now. 

Unless it is a problem because old accounts are returning who might have also lost their avatars. They either will not like the new layout and gripe about changes and leave, or quickly fall back into this awesome world and acquire a new avatar, through use of free credits, money, or drawing their own.--> Not sure if drawing your own had a playergroup that approved drawn avatars who have all gone inactive. But this might be something to examine following the discussion on avatars reaching a conclusion.

Edited by Steno

• Root Admin

i am confused, what is the issue, that the avatars are taken every 6 months, or that they are not and this is not specified in the interface?

If they are not taken, it should still say they are, same like with the accounts, we might not delete them, but if someone leaves for years, even if we dont, he needs to be warned that we might. 

so please make it clear what the bug report is saying, what needs fixing?

The interface states (under Profile):

"Your avatar will be returned to MD Avatar gallery for someone else to use if you are inactive for more than 6 months. If your avatar returns to shop you will be refunded the credit spent for it."

As this is no longer the case (avatars do *not* return to the gallery after 6 months of inactivity), the text should be removed (or, if there was consensus that it should be reverted, avatars should return after 6 months of inactivity and the text remain the same).

I note that very few (or none) presently are drawing avatars, and at present this means that there shall be fewer and fewer avatars for those who do seek to gain of one.

Edited by Aia del Mana