Large amount of concurrent ajax requests

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

@Chewett I wanted to talk to you about this. I see nested calls in the console, some things appear to load more things than they need, repeating themselves.

You used jquery LoadScript with wrong parameters, making each call run twice, that i fixed, but the nested calls for keeponline and the rest, i didn't check yet.

If you work on this, please find a way not to merge php files and make it impossible for me to know what is what and where later on.

The js needs work, moved all in the new js in templates, and maybe add a second layer that would group them before requesting things...i dont know..

just please don't change what is loaded and from where without talking to me first, if i lose knowledge of how this works, its worse than having it work as it is, because i will add later things in the wrong place.

Don't get me wrong, it badly needs a fix, but i want to know of its plans in detail

Thanks

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, Muratus del Mur said:

You used jquery LoadScript with wrong parameters, making each call run twice, that i fixed, but the nested calls for keeponline and the rest, i didn't check yet.

Dont think I have every used "LoadScript" but I have used $.ajax() and json().

2 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

If you work on this, please find a way not to merge php files and make it impossible for me to know what is what and where later on.

I dont understand what you mean by that.

2 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

just please don't change what is loaded and from where without talking to me first, if i lose knowledge of how this works, its worse than having it work as it is, because i will add later things in the wrong place.

Probably easier if I dont work on MD for a while :(

• Root Admin

Let me explain this in an other way, maybe you understand this:

I have md "in my head", when i code i "run" it in my mind, both when it comes to code but also possible interactions with characters i met.

If you take away the structure from me, when i spend days thinking of a new feature or change, i go in and try to do it, and i end up wasting all my time trying to find things i knew where they where and based my entire login on them.

I can't describe the feeling of "lost in space" i had when i tried to do some things recently, but eventually i spent all the time needed to learn changes done in the past years...i just don't think i can do this again anytime soon, and i just want to code for fun.

You know how much work all the recent changes involved, ..i couldn't have done all this without having md "files" in my head already, and also i couldn't have done this without your recent changes...its tricky

I like what you did with the js classes, if only all js was the same and in one place. I tried to match your style and continue it. Some other things however i couldn't, and its not your fault, its mine.