Hello for the last time, for a long time

Hello my friends. 

This is what most people would call a goodbye, but not me, for I do not believe in absolute decisions.

I know this post is quite out of the blue. I have been meaning to get to it for quite some time but kept doubting whether I should actually do this.

For me, MD is no more. 

I say this because MD was never magicduel.com for me.
It was my friends, my family, my sparring, my land, my quests, my drama. And for a long while now, every single one of those things has ceased to exist.

I cannot count the number of beautiful memories I have spent with you all. I want them to stay beautiful memories rather than become tarnished by the current state of the realm. 

Not that this is anyone's fault. Chewett, Mur and countless others have worked tirelessly to give us the experience we have loved all these years.

I just think that this concept, this idea, this story that is called MD... was never meant to last forever. It just isn't built to be sustainable. Like every little project within it, this entire project as a whole is meant to be left incomplete and eventually abandoned among a long list of other never-ending tasks. Every inch of this website that is called magicduel.com is screaming every day to free itself and end its pain. I have now decided to play my part in that, because I wish you remember it and you all in the best way possible.

I hope one day, many many years from now, my kid browses the net trying to figure out what game they should treat themselves with on their 16th birthday, as their father once did. And they come upon a familiar face called magicduel. And by that time it's an insane next level 'game' that we all hoped it would be. They would show me what its like and I would pretend I had never heard of it and tell them to enjoy. I would then cry that whole night in silence in a mixture of sadness and happiness.

Thank you, all of you. Every single one. Those who are closest to me, the ones I spent my best memories with and had the dearest of conversations with - I hope you read this and know who you are.
Thank you for creating the world's most beautiful prison. Its now time to set myself free.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

Hello everyone, one last time. 
Yours forever, 
DD

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

Touching words.

Nothing is meant to last forever, that includes also you, me, anyone, not just "a game". From my perspective, i see MD as a place where people come, learn, evolve, get frustrated, revives their curiosity, they make friends, etc.. its a place, disguised as a journey. At some point in life, every such place you encounter teaches you a lesson, then you leave with what you learned. You go on, and the place opens its gates for an other one and so on. 

People always wished to expect from MD an end, while it has no end. Just think of the concepts..i started coding it when i didn't knew how to code, i put in it things i discovered through my life, and so did many. Such a "place" has no way of reaching an end, its not designed to do that. All i hoped was that over the years i build enough of MD that people _passing through_ it will find sufficient for their journey, not to trap them inside and promise them a conclusion that is not their. Each one finds its own way through, the difference is made by what they gather during this journey, in their mind, soul and life experience.

I am the only one truly trapped in here, and as long as i live, Md will live with me, opening its gates to whoever is attracted by its mysteries.

Wish you well, I hope it was a fruitfull journey, and as long as you don't self-destruct your account, it will always be here for you if you miss it.