Holy obvious answers, Batman! :lol:

Didn't know that was an option. I've acquired a 2nd creature. Hopefully that will help a bit. :D Thank you.

I hope you didn't use the Barren Soul to attack as he only does Healing. If you did, then my advise is for you to read more carefully the creatures description :)

Hang on one bloody minute. Ive not been spamming the forum, ive merely been adding a comment or two onto the END of each topic that ive found interesting and decreable to comment upon. If talking is a crime, then maybe i shouldnt be here wasting my time arguing with a mod, i really dont know.

Find me an example of an OFF-TOPIC post please.

Hang on one bloody minute. Ive not been spamming the forum, ive merely been adding a comment or two onto the END of each topic that ive found interesting and decreable to comment upon. If talking is a crime, then maybe i shouldnt be here wasting my time arguing with a mod, i really dont know.

Find me an example of an OFF-TOPIC post please.

This is one example :D

Also, one word replies are considered spam, if you can't find anything good to add than just one word then don't reply at all, the forum is for discussions not one word posts and don't make me look for posts because with each post that I find like this I will give you a warning and belive me there will be more than one posts.

Consider yourself warned.

ok.

Please do not argue.

It is nice that he is trying to speak in his 'Hello' post about life and to make an introduction and know each other better.

I am sure that he will not answer from now on only with one word, ok? :D

I'm pretty sure he will. Tbh I think its good of him to try making this fun. My answer of the super power question....well....I guess that I have several.

1. Being able to transport myself to anywhere in the world.

2. Reading minds.

3. Controlling the elements.

4. Healing all sicknesses.

:lol:

ok.

Please do not argue.

It is nice that he is trying to speak in his 'Hello' post about life and to make an introduction and know each other better.

I am sure that he will not answer from now on only with one word, ok? :D

Who's arguing?

It's perfectly ok to talk in this "Hello" post, I wasn't referring to this. I was referring in general to all the post made by Shin'tai.

Shin'tai it was just a friendly warning not a real one (this time).

Hi everybody,

I've joined for a week or so, and just been through and admired the "arete" of the game.

After the first WOW passed, here I am, not exactly knowing how to play it.

I've been through most of the forum's topics, of course started with the legends, the game's background, the all talented team (I'll pay pal soon :) ), but still don't quite get what I'm supposed to do when not following the story line (love the meditating phase).

I understood the use of action points, vitality and how you can get and loose honour points.

I've been attacked, of course, stayed too long to admire the landscape...and somehow did bother me, when I logged in again I saw 6 fights lost and my honour was below 0. Well, I didn't have the time to stay and chat, and ask around about this. Mainly I'm in late at night and the only interaction I'm capable of is passive reading (it might be the reason for my confusion too :D )

Still, the only way to gather experience is to fight other players? And if I do, I will gain it no matter if I loose or win?

Because I saw that the only way I can upgrade creatures is if they have a certain age and experience...

As a request, for now and if it's possible (I read the FAQ's also): maybe the older players could make a topic on How to, about the game, based on their experience, their choices etc.

Good job everyone, I'll tell my friends about you, and I hope the game will grow and have succes, you deserve it!

Hey there! :) and yes. You can only gain experience by attacking other players besides those two guards in front of the shop. The only way you can lose experience is if you attack somebody and lose. The place where there is a statue of a girl is a safe zone. If you want, you could admire the drawings and quickly come back to that place :D

Silverym, it isn't as bad as it sounds.

It is currently very hard to start out, but if you think a little bit about it, you can devise strategies to overcome the disadvantages.

Vital Energy, Action Points, Value Points and Exploring Points, are required to purchase new creatures. All of those values regen every 15 minutes.

You can purchase as many creatures as you like (although the more you have, the longer it takes to load up the creature page :D )

You can set aside a few creatures 6-12 that you wish to level up, the rest, you can basically set aside for fodder. Put the fodder creatures in Defense Rituals, 1 per ritual and make sure to set the Vit uses in the Ritual to 0.

Make sure that the Rituals that you have for your level up creatures don't have the use as defence ritual checked.

Now, you are safe to roam about, if you get attacked, one of your Defense Rituals will be triggered and you won't lose any Vit. You won't have to spend a lot of Vit on your Fodder creatures, just enough to keep them above 0 Vit so that they can be part of a ritual and defend you.

On the downside, with recent changes, if you lose to someone that has less wins than you, you will lose a random (1-15??) amount of honor, and with just one creature in there, you are going to lose (although it is possible to outheal your opponent and win)

The only way you can currently gain experience for your creatures, is to battle. You can battle the Shop Guardians, but they are very difficult and so you are left attacking other players. It's the way of the game.

Honor gain works something like this: (opponents Wins - opponents losses) - (Your Wins - Your Losses), so the more losses you have the less honor you give to opponents. Not that you should run out and get lots of losses, but it does help, but you can lose honor if you get a loss.

I'm not sure this is the best way or not, but it can help you get started. Later on tactics have to change to protected your honor, but it's a way to start out

-p

• Root Admin

Hi,

after reading your post i am thinking to add something like playing strategies page. There are a lot of ways to play this game and advance but having some sort of 'how to' on that will indeed help.

The nice part about this is that even if you loose you dont actualy loose much, you actualy gain losses, that will count later and will get you more honro points when defeating other players. Advanced players right now have a dificult time to get those losses. The more you loose the less chance to get honor penalization. The game has sort of a balance in this matter, tending to protect players under a cetain level and to distribute penalties and rewards as needed (some of the old players mught disagree on that :D, but still thats the purpose)

the most important thing you have in the game are your creatures, try to use just a couple of them and dont get too many. 8-16 should be more than enough. More creatures will not help you too much later, but upgraded ons will help a lot.

After you exit the story you have the guards to fight and you have 2 sanctuary areas where you can retreat, the statue and winds sanctuary to the north. Its pointless to stay at the sanctuary, go out and fight, like i said you dont have much to loose actualy, and after a few losses you will give other such a high honor penalization when attacking you that they wont attack you anymore.

You can easy recover wins for allaine score later on.

at this point the purpose is to develop a strong character, solve the puzzle in 'bersekers way', defeat the guards and take weapons from there (if on stock) and thats it for now. I am working to the WAR feature, try to get into an alliance also.

I am adding 'something' to the game every day, bit by bit you will see more things come up but in the mean time you will have a lot to do in your attempt to make a powerfull character :)

Have fun, let me know if you have other questions.

Hi there. One word of warning. Whenever you fight somebody, make sure that you check the amount of honour invloved before you attack. Otherwsie you could end up incurring a negative honour penalty ok?

Like manu, progenitor and morrighan have said before, we're always here, so question away :D

Well, THANK YOU!

I'm at ease now, I know what I have to do (at least in the short term), and the way you've balanced the game seems right, although it was a main subject in my confusion.

And I also understand there's no succes story or recipe, but that's a good feature for me. :D

Anyway, I've put the creatures I wanted to upgrade in the defense rituals too, thinking they will gain more experience, so thanks for the long and clear explanation, Progenitor.

See you around!