The Way of the Dojo:

Calyx of Isis

[quote name='Grido' post='20792' date='Nov 24 2008, 05:39 PM']no, you may only attack an idle player if they have left permission for players to attack them

no, you may only attack an idle player if they have left permission for players to attack them[/quote]

can you endorse in any way such a statement?

*edits out second typing in*

as in, how can you tell if someone has left a message that it's alright to attack them, if people have been speaking in the area?

don't know myself, you'll have to ask Calyx on that one, i think it might've been her papers i read that rule from

[quote name='Grido' post='20801' date='Nov 24 2008, 10:09 PM']*edits out second typing in*

as in, how can you tell if someone has left a message that it's alright to attack them, if people have been speaking in the area?

don't know myself, you'll have to ask Calyx on that one, i think it might've been her papers i read that rule from[/quote]

even if such a 'rule' would be set it would be without substance, as the dojo is a place where players meet to exchange knowledge and, as far as i know, you can only do that while not idle but active.

Unfortunately it seems that the dojo lost his initial purpose and has become a place where you conveniently train you creatures and gather xp and stats...a place for cowards in my opinion. It's useful for mp3s maybe for mp4s but not for mp5s and I saw a lot of them in there... If this will continue I will become of you think I am: the villain of MD... Btw: this is not a threat...it's just an expression of my ideas.

[quote name='dst' post='20804' date='Nov 24 2008, 11:09 PM']Unfortunately it seems that the dojo lost his initial purpose and has become a place where you conveniently train you creatures and gather xp and stats...a place for cowards in my opinion. It's useful for mp3s maybe for mp4s but not for mp5s and I saw a lot of them in there... If this will continue I will become of you think I am: the villain of MD... Btw: this is not a threat...it's just an expression of my ideas.[/quote]

well... perhaps soon you will be in a dream too like a punishment (the way calyx thought might do me good) or dojo lovers will start posting on your log like they did with mine... :D

Btw, newest rule is that idle players in dojos are a free for all buffet.
I agree that the dojo should not be misused by mp5 players.. But then again, not that many mp5s are around at the dojo (I never go to the dojo when I want to combat, there just aren't that many there). Most of the mp5s on the dojo that I saw was a dojo stuff or are simply helping people there. I don't think mp5s should need the dojo for a warm place to hide, they should have enough experience and capabilities to survive without the dojo on MP5. Being there once in a while is okay, but staying there to run from fights is not too right in my opinion..