Architect's Rendering

GlorDamar

[quote name='King Manu' post='16211' date='Sep 9 2008, 07:41 AM']pleare remember the location has to be very VERY well integrated with the current drawing style and locations. we can talk about possible locations, or even a new map EAST... just dont do work without thinking about things because they are important if you want the location placed in game.[/quote]

After I re-red this topic, Mur's post gave me a thought. I wonder if there are going to be new areas implemented into the game? By area I mean like "Necrovion", "Marind Bell Lands", "Loreroot" (etc.)

I guess I better say something before you all start thinking I don't care about this place. :P

Glor - are you going to put torches for light on the walls anywhere? I think I mentioned it to you awhile back.

or some torch sticks stuck in the ground on the corners, may be a water fountain would be good.

(if it was my idea, I would add a food place with bowls of rice). lol

• 2 months later...

[quote name='awiiya' post='23663' date='Jan 11 2009, 11:50 PM']Whatever happened to this? It has been a good month and a half and no word... as the project abandoned? Was it slowed down? Some news would be good...

Awi[/quote]

Ummm... frankly, I had a hard time with the foreground and got busy, so I sort of, kind of, stopped working on it for awhile. I need to get back on it, but I'm tired and I haven't been doing my best work lately. For this I want it to be the best I can possibly produce. I'm not as particular about avatars, some need to be great, but there just need to be a lot of those. There will be only one Dojo scene and I want it to be perfect. Unfortunately my perfectionism sometimes paralyzes me and with lots of other stuff to do, well... I suppose that explains it.

Sorry.

• 1 month later...

We will most definitely be moving to a new location. I had hoped the new location would be close to the current one, but this is not happening. The dojo is moving to a location being made East of the Plains of Deceit. This is No Man's Land squeezed in between Marind's Bell on the North and Necrovion on the South. There will be a single entrance to the dojo.

There will be a way to ban players from the dojo. They will simply be unable to enter the dojo for some period of time. I do not know how this will work. I have requested the capability fo myself, Jazira, and King Bull at a minimum.

There will be some other changes which Mur wants to announce himself. So this is all I can say for the moment.

I have put in a request for similar artwork for a Loreroot dojo. In the mean time, I will try to get Mur to erect a sign like the ones at Marble Dale Park, Williow's Shop, Saage's Kepp, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='GlorDamar']I'm going to go a little bit of a chinese/european middle ages hybrid here.[/quote]
Sorry, but I'm getting the feel of a Mayan ball court.

I strongly suggest removing side walls.
Maybe put up a high roof on a few thick columns, covering about half the dojo (I suggest the left half or the far half).

Stacked bales of hay with archery targets would be nice (in the open, across from the covered portion of the dojo, if there will be one).

A weapon shop with weapons that give initiative, regeneration, luck, briskness, or energetic immunity (no/very low attack or defense) would also be nice. I especially would like a crossbow (large initiative + small luck) and a quiver for the offhand.

I would suggest having the location be [b]south or southwest[/b] of the Plains of Deceit (or, maybe better, southeast of the Champion's Dome Exterior, closer to the current location) rather than east of it.
East of the Plains of Deceit should be reserved for expansion of the realm into new lands, or a link to the Archives around Marind's Bell.

EDIT: possible calming music to play in the dojo -
[url="http://www.youtube.com/v/wrGhXLSw3AQ&hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1"]http://www.youtube.com/v/wrGhXLSw3AQ&h...&autoplay=1[/url]

Apophys, I'm trying to figure out how you would go east of the Plains of Deceit and get to MDA.

MDA is to the North of Marind Bell, not to the East... so unless you want to have a pathway that goes around to the east of the entirety of Marind Bell, then there is no way to get to MDA by going East.

Also, expansion into new lands is difficult from the Plains of Deceit because of the location of the Tunnel of War.

Awi

[quote name='awiiya']unless you want to have a pathway that goes around to the east of the entirety of Marind Bell[/quote]
Exactly my thought. A less probable option, but an option nonetheless.

[quote name='awiiya']expansion into new lands is difficult from the Plains of Deceit because of the location of the Tunnel of War.[/quote]
It's a tunnel, right? you can go over the chasm with a bridge. Idk, I've never seen it, but this is what the map tells me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Calyx of Isis' date='07 March 2009 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1236464669' post='26628']
We will most definitely be moving to a new location. I had hoped the new location would be close to the current one, but this is not happening. The dojo is moving to a location being made East of the Plains of Deceit. This is No Man's Land squeezed in between Marind's Bell on the North and Necrovion on the South. There will be a single entrance to the dojo.

There will be a way to ban players from the dojo. They will simply be unable to enter the dojo for some period of time. I do not know how this will work. I have requested the capability fo myself, Jazira, and King Bull at a minimum.
[/quote]

There is artwork.
There were plans to move the Dojo.
Why is it still in the same place?

Simply moving to another location, from a place that was always meant to be temporary as far as all indications go, would go a long way to resolving some of the complaints and issues that have arisen. New locals have been added, why has this one not moved forward?
If it is felt that No Man's Land is too crowded, why not a place within the MagicDuel Archive Lands? That area has space that can be utilized.

Edited by Watcher