Filtering the Player List

aznph8playa

Player List Filter Feature  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe that a mechanism to filter the list of players would be useful. This comes in handy, especially when you want to "hit and run". It will also be very important, I think, as Magic Duel scales up and gets many more players. In some locations, the list is so enormous that I have to scroll up and down to see players full profiles and then click on the next player I wish to examine.

My recommendation would be an options button next to/above the list of players at the location that can allow you to set options to stop viewing players including, but not limited to:

- Players who have been by in the last 8 minutes (Blacked Out)

- Players who have been there in the last 24 hours (Grayed Out)

- Players who are in the same or an attackable MP range

- Players who have enough creature vitality to be attacked

- Players who are Idle

- Players who are not idle

- Players with within your alliance

- Players in another alliance

- Players who are unalligned

- Players connected to you via immediate Master connections (adepts of your own master, your master, your adepts)

- Players who have been chatting in the last x minutes. Maybe the time would be specifiable.

- Players who have masters

- Players who don't have masters (useful for adept hunting)

- Players with win - loss values that are higher than yours

- Players with win - loss values that are lower than yours

- Players on your hit list

- Players on your buddy list

- Players that have attacked you recently (still stored in your battle log)

- Players you have attacked recently

- Players you have PMed recently and vice versa

The way I see it right now, these options would be set as preferences and saved. A long term enhancement would be to save the options as different preferences sets. For example "Hunting View" "Adept View". These would be user defined and would be selectable from a drop down so that a player could quickly view only the type of users he/she is interested in.

I think the feature and usability can grow very quickly. What do you all think? :P

- Mike

I'd say that this feature would make "hit and run" far too easy, and way too many players would exploit it when implemtented with all the features you are asking for (players in same mp, players who can be attacked, players with low vit and so on)

I have to say that i'd like to see who worshipps whom, as some players are asking other players not to attack if they have the same "master", but all the other features come in handy only for the players who want to bash other players, and therefore i would not appreciate if they were implemented

i have to give in that i was using the "hit and run" stragety for some time too, but it's far more fun if there's a chance for the other players to bash back before someone vanishes again, and if the feature was there, weak players would be in an area for about 30 secs before leaving again, and that would take all the fun out of the game^^

I believe that a mechanism to filter the list of players would be useful. This comes in handy, especially when you want to "hit and run". It will also be very important, I think, as Magic Duel scales up and gets many more players. In some locations, the list is so enormous that I have to scroll up and down to see players full profiles and then click on the next player I wish to examine.

My recommendation would be an options button next to/above the list of players at the location that can allow you to set options to stop viewing players including, but not limited to:

That would just make it way too easy, and almost unfair.

Not quite sure what you mean by that

Already exists. Pay attention to the little black dots. They are different for each MP stage.

Well, you can just click on them.

- Players who are Idle

Not sure why you would want to see that.

They're generally orange.

They have the little alliance avatars by their name

Again, watch the avatars

No avatar.

- Players connected to you via immediate Master connections (adepts of your own master, your master, your adepts)

Mmmh. That might be interesting.

- Players who have been chatting in the last x minutes. Maybe the time would be specifiable.

Chat time has been mentioned before if I recall. There was some scripting issue that decided against it in the end, if I recall correctly.

Well, if they are unhappy with their adept of you offer better rewards, they might just change.

Not sure what you mean here. What for?

See above.

Hit list?

That's a good idea.

Check your battle log?

Unless you attack hundreds in a few minutes, you should be able to remember.

Wouldn't they be in your PM list?

The way I see it right now, these options would be set as preferences and saved. A long term enhancement would be to save the options as different preferences sets. For example "Hunting View" "Adept View". These would be user defined and would be selectable from a drop down so that a player could quickly view only the type of users he/she is interested in.

I think the feature and usability can grow very quickly. What do you all think? :)

- Mike

- Already there...

- Seems less Useful to me, especially with the 8minuet one already being Implemented

- Look at the Colored "Cross" (I've heard it described that way). That shows what MP a person is.

- Already there when you Click the name...

- Players who are Idle

- All of these are Already Implemented in one Form or Another (Alliances should be VERY Obvouse already...)

- Actually this One would be Pretty Useful...

- I'd prefer Time Codes in Chat to this... There were a few Reasons why that Idea hasn;t caught Hold (Space Constraints, and Manu thinks he will Change how long Messages will remain in Chat Eventually)

- You can already see who Someone is Adepted too... If no Name present, they Have none.

- the Honor reward Listed gives you this Information Already

- Uhhh, Use your Hate List...?

- Maybe, though there is already the Buddy List... and I hope you know the Names of your Buddies to Recognize when they are in the Same Location...

- Maybe... but Already there in Battle Logs

- Generally this is Stored in your Messages already

All in all, I think you have one Good Idea in all of these. Almost all this Information is Available already if you just Look for it. And Trust me Manu does not want to make Everything At a Glance available...