The Mechanism of Wasp's Totem

The Totem that lies deep in Loreroot is built long ago to protect its denizens. As some of you have probably known, Wasp's Totem is Loreroot's Land Defense Weapon. What it actually does is still a mystery, though any would say that it is a defensive weapon, as Loreroot has been defensive since the ages of Daniel Raven.

The Totem itself is named after Helen Wasp, which was Daniel Raven's woman. It was said that she was a strong figure, and played a vital role in assisting Daniel to defend Loreroot. Another thing was named after her, the sacrificial altar on Loreroot, Wasp's Altar, the only altar that is not associated with the name fenth.

Methods of its activation is still unclear, but the first step is to find a power source for it. Some theories have arisen, one of which is that the two structure bearing Helen's name is built by the same person (either Helen herself, or maybe Raven), and is somehow connected. The altar is unique from other altars, in that it has some kind of glowing stone on its top, which seems to accumulate energy and glow brighter when used for sacrifice (it does glow brighterrwhen u click it, which is what u do when u want to sacrifice a creature). It might be possible that the altar is the power source required to activate the Totem. This possibility is enchanced by the fact that the Totem and the Altar face each other, and the glowing stone does seem like some kind of refracting crystal, so it is possible that the power can be transferred to the Totem via a beam of light gathered trough the crystal, or simply that the crystal gathers the power and sends it through underground mechanism (somekind of cable?). Other possibilities include the crystal being used to gather the Eternal Sun's power and focus it, or used to foucs beams of light&heat, lones of which appear when u release high amount of heats (like the one used to attract the angiens).

This is a just theory after all, but all studies begins with research and theories. Please post here what u think about this, and any other theories u could think of. Together, we will start another journey to uncover the secrets of the Realm..

it appears to be a mirror to me, and the set of the totem appears to be set up as a energy gathering point the words at the bottom of the screen a shire to helen wasp with powers that could make you gasp, seem to mean it hides great power the Principles it give are time, light, and Syntropy maybe that has something to do with it hope this helps if you need someone to try something dumb find me

[quote name='Udgard' post='17646' date='Oct 2 2008, 06:42 AM']Wasp's Altar, the only altar that is not associated with the name fenth.[/quote]

The sacrifice altar in Necrovion is called the Eternal Toiler, but the rest have the word Fenth in them somewhere. Is it possible that there is a connection between the two? Also of note is that the tower of Deathmarrow (at least from what I can tell from the map) has a similar, although far more massive, appearance to wasp's totem.

[quote name='Udgard' post='17646' date='Oct 2 2008, 06:42 AM']It might be possible that the altar is the power source required to activate the Totem.[/quote]

It might be worth buying up a bunch of low level creatures and sacrificing them at the altar and see if we can get the totem powered. Perhaps a large group of people assembled there saccing creatures would be enough to wake it up, like when everyone released heat to the angiens. Any ideas on what creatures would work best?

Hm.....i never got into Necrovion to see that toiler but that made me think,what are the principles given there is it possible be totally oposite from wasps altar gives(time,light,symthropy)?Maybe they act in the same way but doing the oposite and since we know shades like loreroot needs some kind of balance(note they only attack when they get attacked mirroring others acts)maybe just maybe they act like a balance in times of trouble when that balance shifts towards one side one of the two may needed to be activated.

Dont know for sure still need some research....

[quote name='GlorDamar' post='17662' date='Oct 2 2008, 02:23 PM']The sacrifice altar in Necrovion is called the Eternal Toiler, but the rest have the word Fenth in them somewhere.[/quote]

The Eternal Toiler still has a connection to Fenth.. Read the description once you are there.. I cannot remember it off hand..

It is my belief that the totem and the similar objects in Necrovian and Golemus are some form of long distance communication device. It is a strange mechanism that contains many levers, gears, and pulleys and I must say, the actual mechanical workings of it are utterly unknown to me.

It seems though that the giant screen that hangs above is intended to be covered in some form of written communication. The desk below also indicates that it is an area of study. Perhaps these are ways to share great scientific learnings through the lands?

We at Wasp's totem have already found that it's open access to both sky and water make it an excellent place to study astronomy and biological sciences. Is it possible that those findings can be somehow transmitted through the great machine to it's partners in other places? Imagine the great learning that could be done with the ability to work with great minds so far apart.

[quote name='stormrunner' post='17729' date='Oct 2 2008, 09:32 PM'](laughs) yes weapons are great way of communicating across long distances your likely looking at the targeting system you need to aim a weapon after all, sorry but I'm not innocent enough to see a weapon as anything but a weapon[/quote]
Innocent is an adjective, but not the only one that comes to mind.

[quote name='Aleron' post='17803' date='Oct 4 2008, 10:20 AM']i wonder if i should say something , nah, il just watch for now, its more fun that way.

Also to those that think of my children as more than just tools of war i salute you.[/quote]

Well, it's Al! =) Your knowledge would help a lot in this..
From some very reliable sources of information, it is now pretty much confirmed that the Totem and the Cannon is made using similar technology. And while it is possible that they are used to transmit knowledge, it is clear that they have some combat capabilities as well. What is intriguing is that there are a similar tower in necrovion that resembles the wasp's totem. Could this totem also be made using GOlemus technology? It is possible that the ancient wizards of golemus had made good relationships with the Sages of Necrovion prior to their tainting...

• 3 weeks later...

I believe you ascertain my meaning. I was merely curious to know why such secrets about someone else's Guild would be openly traded in forum. I would like that post to be edited, please, for a spoiler tag at the very least.

The Land weapons are not the property of ANY guild. They are the weapons of the lands. While it may be a spoiler, it's really more of a tantalizer. MRD has told us nothing other than that the defense weapon is activated from a place almost no one can get to and it's controlled from a place everybody already knows is a control station.

[quote name='GlorDamar' post='18769' date='Oct 22 2008, 11:11 AM']The Land weapons are not the property of ANY guild. They are the weapons of the lands.[/quote]
With respect, you're splitting hairs. The Guilds swear to defend the lands, and many of them very much view the land weapons as their responsibility. I have no doubt whatsoever the MR Fraternity feels precisely the same way.

For me, yes, the weapons are the Land's, not the alliances'. Though, in this case, the Guardians of the Root is not an alliance that choose out of nowhere to align themselves to Loreroot ; they are the people chosen by the Land itself (which was represented by KC) to protect itself, thus, the Guardians of the Root are the official extension of the Land itself. At least, that is how I see it.

Aside from this, we are here for a discussion, and this thread is made to encourage people to share what they know and the theories they have concerning the Totem, so please feel free to share what you know about it. If you feel that what you are sharing might be sensitive, though, I'd appreciate if you would tell me about it before posting. =)

Anyways, I can say that yes, the PathKeeper is connected to the Wasp Totem, though the real nature of the connection is still unclear to me. What MRD said might explain what I do not know there. So I guess the next question arises: how do we activate/control the totem using the PathKeeper and the control room at the Totem?

Udgard - seriously - this is not a question that should be asked in an open forum. This is an in-game question and should be resolved in-game.

My character might not have a tree next to his name - the Children of the Eclipse are still waiting on badges of our own - but he IS a part of the Guardians of the Root.