Love, appreciation and support!

death ray

I think we the remaining population, those of us who remain loyal and supportive of MD and wish to never see it fade away.

I think we should all have a get together when time allows. I really feel that we need lift up and give some praise to Mur and Chewett. They have and continue to do a phenomenal job with all things MD. All these years and MD still stands strong, even with a now small population. Those of us that remain call one another friend and would have otherwise never meet and have had the joys of sharing our spare time with each other. We've lost many, but their memories remain here in MD and forums and in our hearts. 

I really don't think any of us would say otherwise, it's not said or showed enough our gratitude to the contributions These two have done. Now I know there have been others in the past and of course now currently. But from my view point it has always been these two, @Muratus del Mur and @Chewett. These two are like the mom and dad of MD.

I'm happy to say I've grown up with my MD family. I was in my early 20's then and now reaching 40. MD is a very solid staple in my life as I am sure it is with many others. I hope to never have removed. 

Maybe we can come together soon before the holidays take form and our time and have a moment together and if nothing else say a few words. Put our mind sets back at the beginning and be thankful for all the hard work and effort involved in what we all partake in and enjoy for so so many great years! 

• Root Admin

Thank you for the kind words :)

Its certainly something when someone goes from 20 to 40 while still loyal and present in a community. We are like completely different people at those ages.

I dont know how a get together could function, since everyone is from a different country... you mean like discord, or zoom or such? 

Actually, since you mentioned "Zoom" that honestly sounds like an amazing idea. I don't recall ever going on a zoom meeting with everyone from MD. That would be a phenomenal idea and feat to pull off. Would really be great to chat, even if briefly. Would add some depth do us as individuals. 

Like you said, from 20 to 40 we are different people at those ages. 

Maybe a vote is in order to see if everyone is OK with a Zoom meet and greet. And see what time frame works best for everyone. May need to plan for two meetings, to cover everyone. 

I don't know if this is a good idea but adding to what Mur said what if that got turned to a zoom "quest" , like whoever has the most number of correct guesses wins? Naturally whoever uploaded  a webcam photo should replace it with something else before the quest. Not sure if people would cheat by trying to look at who's participated on the MD page or uploaded a picture on webcam - then again those pictures are old as hell.

Edit: even if not a sponsored quest with a reward we could turn into a structured game/quest for fun.

Edited by Sir Blut

I think @Muratus del Mur and @Sir Blut have brought some great ideas to the table. Perhaps we should put some effort into this and these ideas, also since there is a greater player presence during the holiday season...  Maybe plan it for or around a holiday. Or would it be more appropriate to schedule this for the MD birthday? I kinda vote to plan it on MD's next birthday. That should give plenty of time for planning. Work and home keep me plenty tied up, but I could aim to set something if somebody would like to help me. I welcome some help.

Lets make this a ritual things every year for MD birthdays! A new MD tradition? I think yes.

• Root Admin

that could work .. Christmas time sounds a bit better than md birthday in terms of free time..or not? Planning it for later is good because gives everyone time to decide.

maybe i could prepare some signup thing, so we are sure we can count on a number of people.

Its funny if you think of it, as if the person is the mask for the player character, not the other way around. We should find a way to present it as such , like a reversed masked carnival party.. not sure if i am clear enough, i'm very tired rn.

• Root Admin

oh and.. I don't like the title "Love, appreciation and support!" .. makes this sound about me, and that would void its effect.  Don't worry, i get all the appreciation i need if such a thing gets to happen.  Lets change it along the 'reversed carnival' idea.

Sounds great I am down for whichever one, christmas or md birthday. On another note I wasn't aware that the webcam feature runs off of adobe flash and when I tried to take a new picture off of a flash emulator for firefox the feature wasn't working. Not sure if it would have if I got the actual last version of flash available but yeah