Quester status

cryxus

Ok, i have been severely, severely annoyed with the quester balloons, and sorry if i rant.

Sure it isnt supposed to be a popularity contest, but unfortunately thats what it is...currently i have 2 people attempting my quest, and i have 70 votes, and i know i dont have a bad score, but i think this assement is way off, so thats why i am making a proposition to perhaps (maybe just for now) open a forum thread topic to everyone with subthreads with each questers names and have people write in there why they should, or shouldnt, be promoted, or demoted...

i just think this would make a fairer assessment, and provide a good basis for judgement, but again it is only a suggestion.

~Cryxus~

I have the same problem don't mind the votes for without trying it the 30 something that should the didn't like it without tryng it, and who are the people who did that so I know who to hunt down

on another thought it has gotten so pointless that I'm returning to mp 6 even though I know it will make it so no body else can vote simply cause theres at least one person who is actually loyal enough to not run to get another protector when I dropped and said it be a min before I returned and too few are trying the quests I made 3 people have done one of mine only 1 has tired all 3

Yes, I too feel like the balloons do not do what they are supposed to do.

A better alternative would be to create a voluntary group of quest solvers whose sole purpose would be to solve the quests of aspiring MD members. They would report the good quests to a Quest Team Leader, who would report that to Shoeps or Mur, and the voluntary quest solvers would be given rewards based on how many quests they evaluate (not how they evaluate the quests).

Awi

you know, there's peepz like me out there who take a look at the quests and then vote without trying to actually do the quest to the end...

some of the quests out there are definitely boring, but some are really really good quests (idea, instruction, rate of interaction, rate of knowledge needed...), and personally, i'd love to have at least four balloons to vote, it just doesn't feel right to give shadow's great quest the same rating as kittness (don't get me wrong, that quest is entertaining and funny, but it's nowhere near as interesting as shadow's XXL 'run around and get infos'-quest) :/

I don't really see a lot of people going through the trouble of posting on the forums about someone else's quests. Another option is something similar to the personal logs of players, only whilst submitting a comment about the quest, the player should be required to indicate that the reaction is either positive or negative. This way, it would still function as a easy-to-refer-to vote/poll, but one that is more likely to be reliable without intimidating potential voters as much.

However, it might mean more work for Manu. Poor Manu, we can't burden him with work now, can we? No, we'd rather have a [spoiler]crappy[/spoiler] voting system, even if it is something that is used to make decisions in what is supposedly the most important part of MD, ahh, roleplaying integration and community influence upon the game.

I actually liked your quest Chewett, quite a lot, for the simple reason that it had something to do with the world of MagicDuel. It's fine for quests to be entertaining - a quest should be entertaining - but cryptography gets old for people like me, quickly, and very few of the quests I've seen have anything to do with the rich MagicDuel setting, the events in the game, or the combat system.

I do think the quester balloons don't serve the intended purpose, but seem to be a popularity contest. I received over 70 votes before my quests had even been posted. I am pleased that a majority of the voters voted for rather than against me, but the vote count is not at all reliable as an evaluation of my skill at writing entertaining quests. I echo Cryxus in hoping that quest-creation is not the only barometer for fitness as PWR and RPC; my personal role-model in this regard is Khalazdad, who does more to advance the [b]story[/b] of the game than dozens of other players combined.

when i began playing i didnt know what the balloons where so i voted good votes for them if they where helpful. why dont you bring pop ups like when you ask personality questions but pop up why they voted for them so they know why they voted instead of what i did when i first started, then they know why they are voting and i think that would hellp the world and also let anyone learn how to get involved and start giving personal advise maybe on how to make quests in MD more interesting and intriging for all players to get involved, just a thought