good idea maybe...? :)

Jubaris

i have several ideas...
first, how about a contest between alliances, for example: 1 "hero" of alliance for each mind power VS. 1 "hero" of another alliance same MP

the contest would have knockout system (quarter,semi finals, etc.)
the prize: wining alliance gets bonus stats to its members

second, how about check points introduced in no mans land, alliance get to somehow conquer checkpoint and get larger homeland (or similar, plz if you like the idea lets work this out), minor bonus boost for each one conquered...
maybe each province (loreroot for example) will be devided in several sectors controled by several alliances... fight for all teritorys maybe...? or federation made by them?? it gets in plenty new stuff, and gets alliances more important i believe, or just more fun :P

sounds like fun for some time, but in the long run, it will grow boring...
most people are not that much into fighting -.-

also, it would be hard to protect your territories, people would have to be there for long times doing nothing...
and if they would be protected without someone guarding them, people would do hit and runs and then avoid entering that part of the map to keep them forever...

i think it would be more fun to have a prisoner-system: if an ally member gets defeated by, let's say, three members of the same ally within an hour, s/he will be kept prisoner of the winning ally for 24 hours...
during that time, that prisoner will still be member of his original ally and free to move and all, but he counts for the oneness-bonus of the ally that has captured him [no matter whether on or off], and not count for his own oneness anymore, that could add some fun =)

Well, as stated in the original post, there would be contest for each MP level, including 3. So only MP3 can attack MP3, MP4 only attack MP4, and so on. I think Alliances shouldnt count, meaning that MP's cannot attack above or below their own Mind Power regardless of whether or not the persons are in an alliance.

Edit : Sorry, didnt fully read the last post...Perhaps having MP3's state which alliance they would like to be part of, and have this written in their logs so that they may participate. Also, the Alliances should probably accept them before hand, as well so there are no conflicts.

Still, I think MP3's are not ready, unless their alts in which case they should just use their main. For a fight, this is the reason most aren't in alliance, and putting them into an ally temporarily would be a big mess and they wouldn't really represent the alliance...

ahem...

[quote name='Burns' post='25812' date='Feb 22 2009, 06:42 PM']sounds like fun for some time, but in the long run, it will grow boring...
most people are not that much into fighting -.-

also, it would be hard to protect your territories, people would have to be there for long times doing nothing...
and if they would be protected without someone guarding them, people would do hit and runs and then avoid entering that part of the map to keep them forever...

i think it would be more fun to have a prisoner-system: if an ally member gets defeated by, let's say, three members of the same ally within an hour, s/he will be kept prisoner of the winning ally for 24 hours...
during that time, that prisoner will still be member of his original ally and free to move and all, but he counts for the oneness-bonus of the ally that has captured him [no matter whether on or off], and not count for his own oneness anymore, that could add some fun =)[/quote]

i just wanted to check if the idea is so very uninteresting that it's not even worth mentioning it or if just wasn't read because Lightsage posted at almost the same time as i did :P

[quote name='Burns' post='25868' date='Feb 22 2009, 11:39 PM']ahem...

i just wanted to check if the idea is so very uninteresting that it's not even worth mentioning it or if just wasn't read because Lightsage posted at almost the same time as i did ^_^[/quote]

Would the oneness exceed 100%? Because in that case I'm all for (note that alliances with fewer members will have a bigger boost from this, through they also have less members to fight with...)

yes, over 100 should be possible... but that's only a matter for the DS, all the others don't even have full members, let alone all of them on =P

but i think you should only get 2% for each prisoner, 20% per prisoner would be insane, you'd have a permanent 1000% oneness-bonus then xD

and meeting the requirements would a lot tougher for you anyway... with only 5 members in total, you'll have a hard time catching someone... you know, 3 different people within an hour... that's gonna be some hard work for you without dst ^_^

well, that was just a thought ;)
i hoped that you people would work this out, make my idea better etc.

i would love to see more complex "alliance wars"

and im not talking only about wars between alliance, im talking about introducing diplomacy overall between alliances...

well, i was thinking of ingame-scripts... like, i dunno, if they have non-aggresion pact, every attack should result breakment of that agreement... but if they want to fight for practice, they will do something that wont interupt the agreement ;) hehe
thats just an example...

cause many new members of alliances dont know with which alliance his alliance has an agreement

that's because there are not really pacts between allies in times of peace, nobody needs them =)

when we find ourselves in a war again, we might start bringing in treaties and stuff, but for the time being, most / all existing non aggression pacts and stuff are inactive^^