Login/Logout delay of 20 minutes

Prince Marvolo

20 minutes cooldown  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know most of the more experienced players probably have more sophisticated reasons for disliking the cooldown. But here's the n00b perspective:

I'm weak. I need to fight to get stronger. Fighting uses AP. When I get killed/drained and out of AP, I can't move or re-charge. The only way to protect myself is to log off for a regen cycle so I can get AP for an escape.

So you say "Ten minutes is one regeneration cycle. Why not just wait for two cycles and 20 minutes?"
I say because, frankly, that's enough time for me to boot up Civ IV and get two cities going. Then I'm not coming back to MD till I've won a land war. LOL

Perhaps we could compromise with Mur at ten minutes? :D

I understand that punishing the many for the actions of a few, is often the reality of situations like this. However, this punishment will result in fewer players. That is a result no one wants.

There must be a better way to stop bug abuse. Shrinking the legitimate player base is an unwise course of action, in my humble opinion.

Hm. I see how certain bugs may be tried to be fixed like this, but in general I found Mur pretty open to the public opinion. If enough are for it he may actually consider lifting it again.

But I have to admit with all those who play at school, at work or just like to go idle a lot will have it harder to play properly now.

This is so stupid! I try to log on and it says the server may be full...but don't stop trying... so I keep trying, and now am BANNED for trying to log in too much...WTF?

This is sure not a good way to entice me to stay with this game... I think if this is not handled soo, there will be a lot more people leaving...

I like the game so far, but BANNED? I do not understand this... how long?

what marvolo said happened to me too earlier today. and is happening again right now....

me: tried to log in
page: 404 error, this page deos not exist
me: "sure it does!" cleared cache, tried to log in again
page: login delay, 8 minutes
me: tried to log in after 10 minutes
page: log in delay, 15 minutes
me: closed page, tried again after 30 minutes
page: log in delay, 15 minutes
me: waiting an hour, trying again -> worked ;P

went idle, came back after ~3 hours. tried to log in.
delay 8 minutes
tried again after 10 minutes
delay 18 minutes
....and pending.....

to answer akashas question: log in delay occured everytime i tried to log in after being idle, independent from how much time passed.

it seems to reset to 20 miuntes [b]everytime you try to log in[/b] (and by that i mean [i]at least 20 minutes[/i], no matter what what time delay is stated at the page)