Login/Logout delay of 20 minutes

Prince Marvolo

20 minutes cooldown  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok. Try this: if you get the counter do not login. Just refresh the page. You should see the counter going down. When the time is passed you should be able to log in. This works for me at least.
It seems that every time you try to log in the counter is reset (not sure but it seems so).

uhm... i have no idea whether it's supposed to be removed or just being fixed to work another way, but i just got on after 5 minutes of idling wihtout any troubles... [yeah, i did that just for checking if it's still there, i wanted to play with it a bit to figure out how it works]

anyways, it's not keeping me from entering the realms anymore...

if you removed the delay, TY King Manu =)

if you didn't... well, then there's a new flaw in it, i guess -.-

• Root Admin

first of all, i am NOT moved by your agitated reactions, and i am talking about some of you, you know who. You said that "you will go play something else" or something like that, well DO SO what are you waiting for?!

I am trying to improve things not ruin them, and such reactions make me sick.

About the issue, its still in work, probably will still be for some time, both the login delay and the multile window thing. If you still have problems loging in let me know, but provide understandable information, because i wont even look at those histerical mesages.

• Root Admin

Fixed or not ...
For now i will let this less secured and more permissive untill i fix it so that it wont cause any troubles. I have the feeling that you will figure out very fast how to avoid this restriction, much faster than i will be able to make it fully functional so probably i will see this on my buglist sooner or later...well report it but it not a bug its just something in work.

Reasons ...
there are many. A lot of cheating is done by opening multiple windows of one or more parts of the interface. The multiple window restriction will help a bit to prevent that, i am not sure yet how much, but i am sure it will do some difference, or at least when it will be fully working.
THe multile window restriction is in close connection with the login delay. If you can't open more windows you will probably login and logout on each account untill the server will go crazy. There is a player limit that can stay online at one time, for each window that you keep open, an other person could have used that free place to login and play. The login limit also prevents a sort of role-play cheating (not sure how to call it) when people enter multiple accounts and act as different people at the same time. This will also help with the head contest a bit, people will think twice before logging out because they will know playing hide and seek with login/logout will take 20min. Multiple accounts are allowed, like you all know, but jumping in and out of the game constantly to avoid battles or to switch accounts is not something that i like very much. I would have done a logout delay, preventing players from logging out before staying a certain time on, but thats not possible so what i am hoping to achieve is a imilar reaction by controlling the login time a bit.

My reasons are of course not something you like very much because they are suposed to be so. Nobody likes a restriction! but the same as with the story delay, i hope it will help improve the overall feeling you have when playing md.

You wont believe this , but one of the worse things i've done to md was to increase its step and make it run faster, more actions, more vitality, much faster gameplay than before, "continue now" in story and so on. The loyality rate of OLD players, when it was slower, is impressive, and nothing like the loyality of new players. The faster it is the higher the risk that you will say one day you dont have time for it anymore but also the risk that you will simply start to find things to complain and argue. Its in the nature of things that if you get something too good you start to find yourself bad things to argument about it.

I could say more but i am starting to go offtopic, bottomline is that the restriction stays even if half of md runs away in pannic. I am tired of complains, and i care even les about them after what happend recently with the total chaos of bug abusing and fights. If you complain o much about bad things you should think what to do yourself on improving things, ot to abuse bugs or use whatever you can or hear, but you dont, or most of you dont.

After rereading Manu's post (above) I wish I could remove my reply. The best I can do is replace it's content.

This is off topic, but very beautiful. If the word Christ offends you replace it with a name that does not offend you, God, Jehovah, Great Spirit, Krishna, Allah, Vishnu, Buddha, Nirvana, etc.
[indent][color="#8B0000"][size=3][i]From this time forward, Christ has no body on earth but yours; no hands but yours; no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which His compassion will look upon the world; yours are the feet with which He will go about doing good; yours are the hands with which He will bless others.[/i][/size][/color][/indent]
[size=3][color="#8B0000"]St. Teressa of Avila
Spanish Nun, Mystic and Writer, 1515-1582[/color][/size]

I don't really mind the 20 minute cool down too much, but I kind of don't like only being able to have one page open at a time. Maybe instead of only being able to have one page open all the time, how about once the server reaches it's player limit, then the one page only thing comes into effect. And then once the player count goes down a little bit, we are then able to open more then one page again. Is this at all possible?

story delay, well it doesnt works i found how to bypass it, and i sent my bug report to shoeps almost a week ago, and becoz of some strange reason he didnt even read it

as for loyalty well, i had highest loyalty ingame almost 12k you can see it in extreme md topic, and i worked for it, i could have much much much higher one if i wanted but instead i even dropped it

and mur, just a side comment to your first post, i said that i am looking for other games to play, yes thats true, but did i said that i will stop playing md? my activity will be much lowered, and i will play other games too, also i dont see whats bad with that? i dont remember where and when you said it but once i saw you say that its oke to play other games that even you play some other games as well, well i am not sure if i 100% correctly did quoted you, but you said something like that

Liberty, about the message to Shoeps... check the message again, but this time check the tags on it. Likely Shoeps marked it as ms3. That is what he did for my message when I thought he didn't read it.

He reads all pms, it's just the important ones he marks as unread so that he knows that he needs to keep them.

Awi