Heads contest for everyone!

Pipstickz

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So...I had this idea because I was bored, not able to take heads any more. It's a heads contest that anyone can sign up for, including previous winners. It'd run at the same time as normal heads, but maybe use a different object so people who are competing in normal heads don't get confused and attack people who've signed up and not be able to take their heads. There would be no reward for this, it's just for fun. MP level wouldn't matter in it, you could attack anyone else in it and there would be no EXP gain or loss because if an MP5 attacked an MP3 with a ritual intended to make the victim lose EXP it'd really screw up the MP3's chances in the game.

I'm really hoping people like this idea...because I do...anyways...have a nice day!

I really like this idea, for the reasons I'll list below:

The removal of heads contest winners as participants in current contests, while improving the fairness of the current contest, also removes a certain strategic element to the contest.

Head contest winners are, for the most part, very active in the MD world. They pay attention to strategy, combat and creature rituals, in addition to being active in the community. All contest winners can agree that politics and alliances play a vital role in the winning, and losing, of a contest.

I've said the above two comments to paint a portrait of a certain slice of the MD community. Do these people like to fight? Definitely. Do they cherish the opportunity to lose, to win, to explore different strategies? Absolutely. Is the heads contest a great motivating factor for everyone to get in the game and give their best? Of course!

A distinct, separate, parallel contest would provide another means of motivation, competition, learning. Many people stay up days without sleep to score in the contest, and it isn't all about the reward. Besting your player-mates brings with it a sense of accomplishment, and many people are interested in the goings-on of the contest regardless of participating or not.

I fully support this idea and think it would provide another opportunity for people to learn about the combat and political dynamic that is an integral part of the MD world. It would allow for past winners to again participate in a much-anticipated, very exciting aspect of the game.

• Root Admin

"Private" head contests can be setu by certain RPC characters outside the official head competition, as far as i know nobody use that ability as its full extent, i am sorry i created it.

Mixing official competition with new and old winers is not good because cheating is allready a practice even if they dont wi anything, but private contests i am sure would be fun for everybody.

Note, during a private contest the rules have to be a bit different because its no counting of score, but other ways to win it could be established, such as gathering a certain number or transporting them or who knows what else. So far no one complained about lack of configuraton to the custom head control and very few used it maybe just for local quests or test competitons.

i don't get the idea, really...

all we need to do is ask calyx to post a little announcement about an upcoming battle contest, and then we go beat each other up, like, last man standing [totally clear, land wars rules could help a bit], hunter [someone with heads control throws one head to the hungry mob and players count how many people the head holder can kill before being killed, the one who kills the headholder gets the new hunter] or battle royal [teams of four are created, the teams beat each other up, and the winning team then decides in a final round who the strongest member is]
or any other rules you can imagine... no need for an official private contest, is there?

yea why nobody is using this private heads contest, i wonder if we play this private hc would winners from official hc be able to compete? hmm :(

burns, there is no point in standing at one location and fight, its just no interesting, running around and hunting thats fun, running after guy with heads, outsmarting him, taking his heads, then running away with heads and making sure nobody takes them ^^ yay thats fun, and everybody will run to catch you, while in this all sorts of battle contests, if ya make just one move to the left or right, nobody will care that you are gone and wont come after you, so difference between hc/land wars and all other sorts of unofficial battle contests is adrenaline/excitement, its not point in fighting, hc has point in holding heads, land wars has point in being last-man-standing, while this battle contests are too much limited with bunch of rules, lack of freedom and its pure fight, no alternatives, no other ways of winning, it all comes down to just one single thing --->fighting, and that just fighting isnt fun

hmm... i get the point, lib... didn't think about that... to me, the running and chasing part was horribly pointless because people could see me coming and walk off, and my ap would be gone for an hour after walking up to loreroot for a bunch of heads LOL

and to me, fighting is the greatest fun one can have, as long as it doesn't end with overpowered drachorns and bird rits... and even then it's still a bit fun :lol:

It just says that you have to play them one by one not that they are not allowed to be on on the same time. But yes...you cannot play them so it would be useless to have them on.

dojo law breakers would have to gather *persecutors*,like that people subscribe for the tournament,both sides the law breakers and the persecutors,its like cop and bandit game,though here the bandits can kill cops besides running from them XD...nowadays the bandits doesnt run anymore...they just kill cops..