MR's Training Grounds

MRD

[quote name='Udgard' date='26 January 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1264522922' post='53433']
I've never seen Kemp broke the rules before. You sure it's not because your previous rit was damaged from the 1st atk? There seems to be a large difference between the amount of VE you lost on the two attacks.
[/quote]

you are right, second might be true broken rits, there where more creatures so that could have caused it. so No b lame on him^^

Thanks for pointing out;)

IN X MWBrady 5486 0 1 01-02-2010 19:26:32 replay
Shemhazaj: someone broke all idles...
wahledor: IN X MWBrady 5486 0 1 01-02-2010 19:26:32 replay
Shemhazaj: SeamusX is also broken
wahledor: wonder who
MWBrady: was me..
stavaroiu: kamisha also
Kempiniukas: hmz, you are right, but I don't know why my def didn't worked.. anyway, sorry then :)
MWBrady: and not just idles..
MWBrady: people broke me
MWBrady: i broke people
Shemhazaj: that's sweet Brady...
Roland: Can anyone give me a win for my TS. I only need one to upgrade him.
stavaroiu: now out of all mp5 who is not broken?
MWBrady: burst up
MWBrady: yeah shem
MWBrady: i thought so too

*edit*
A log taken from the GGG today. It seems that people who should know well and full the rules by now are choosing not to obey them as of late. Is it due to a lack of MR presence in the GGG? Or is it simply the lack of discipline due to boredom? Whatever the case is, it is causing more and more of an issue as more and more people break idle GGGers.

Edited by phantasm

• 4 weeks later...

It seems more and more people who have used the GGG over and over want to do away with it or change it for themselves now that they have gotten their use out of it. We, the MRs made our training public to help others since a multitude of those people are now turning around and are not happy with it anymore the way it is I formally withdraw MR support as a whole like usual individual MRs are more then welcome to help out if they wish but if the community wants to keep the GGG for gaining wins it is you the community that will have to work it out amongst yourselves. Use the same rules we had change them its all up to you guys.

I would like to add that i support MRWanders decision. If the community all has seperate ideas on what the GGG should be then the community can be responsible for the area, rules, and leadership. I opened the MR's Training Grounds to help the community, with the understanding the community would want it as a whole. However some people decided to be "evil" or whatever and ruin it for everyone. I have no means of punishing the offenders. I CAN send them to the Tunnel of War, but every time i do they find someone with a GoE spell to get them right out. Then my punishment is a big joke to them. I spent a lot of my time, in game and in real life, developing the technique we used. The technique was invented to make my army strong to protect Golemus against any threats. Me opening the GGG to the public was not a easy thing to do. It is like... If the US decided to train the militaries of every country in the world. It would benefit every country but would make the US weak because then the enemy knows its training method. I gave a lot of my time to this and to see everyone arguing and bickering and trying to change it makes me sick. We used this method for many months and never had to change any aspect. Now everyone has their own ideas they want. Well now its your time to do as you wish. GGG belongs to the community. If you guys want to keep changing it it wont work. I spent 18 months perfecting the method and know all possibilities and only one works correctly. I wish you all luck and my heart hopes GGG works for the rest of MD's life.

I haven't used GGG since who knows when. As far as I know, I used to be the most active staff member. When someone was banned, people wanted them unbanned. When I started talking about making GGG better, people accused me of breaking the rules, even though there's always chat about whatever in GGG.

By the way, does anyone care what you wanted, Fenrir?

Edited by Pipstickz

• Root Admin

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='03 March 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1267632057' post='55681']
Yes, because honestly, what I think would help, is usually good. I have bad ideas every once in a while, but I'm only human.

I think that the GGG should be used only by MP5 players, and the Sparing ground for MP3 and 4.

But wait. Noone cares.
[/quote]

Is there anyone who finds this hilarious?

Fenrir Greycloth that spent a good week sitting in GGG unset so he could break as many people as possible, Wants GGG to continue?

Offical Support of the MR's has been Withdrawn, However i am still enforcing the rules, As are many of the people that frequent there. With any fraction of the community behind it, It will continue.

aye, I stand behind Chewett in supporting the GGG. I will not only help keep reports on violators, but do my own part to demolish those who are bannned/frequent violators rituals when they come to the GGG. There are those who only do such because they get away with it, when they themselves are assualted en mass, most of the time they will leave. Behind the GGG 110%

In many ways I support the GGG and I always have, but the game seems to have changed and is not the same as when the GGG started. It was difficult for MRD to create the MR Training Ground for those who needed it and I am extremely disappointed to see that there are those who disrespect such hard work.

The question now sits.. is it a community project that hurts the game, or is it a thing that helps it?

At Fenrir: If you wished to make a suggestion, you went about it the wrong way. You first violated the rules of the Golden Globe and then tried to make a suggestion. This is why no one is listening.

What do you mean there's no punishment MRD ?!?!?!
I have like 100 offensive spells per DAY !
Just name me the GGG violator ! And i shall stalk and make its life a living HELL !!!

And what the hell is going on here ?

First the SG falls, now the GGG too ???

Why do you have to pay attention to stupid ideas and stupid opinions ?!?!?

MRs, You created the GGG for a reason But i see nothing that brakes that reason ! If somebody says playing MD is offensive, should we all start wondering if we should play MD anylonger ?!!??! That's just simply INSANE !
Please !!: KEEP YOUR GROUNDS ! FIGHT FOR THEM ! DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO GARBAGE !! AND ASK FOR HELP ON THE PUNISHMENT THING !

GGG FTW !!!!

Edited by Master

I honor the effort MRD, MRWander, and many others put into making GGG a training ground for the whole of the MD community. I absolutely deplore the lack of respect that has been shown to the MRs and their training ground. As Cutler observed, no good deed goes unpunished.

GGG will continue with player support. Let those who criticize it say what they will; it serves a useful purpose to players who know what they are doing, and helps many others, though in a smaller way.

To players who wish to see GGG survive as a training ground, I offer the following advice:

[list]
[*]Encourage players to keep deep defenses stacked while training (and especially idling) at GGG. This is [b]simple[/b] for anyone with a fully grown tree. A prepared player's training rituals cannot easily be broken.
[*]Enforce the rules of the training ground by means personally available to you. Don't give the opportunists what they want. Many of them will suffer if mass-attacked, while others can be attack-locked, teleported, or worse.
[*]Stay united. The success or failure of the GGG depends on the people who use it.
[/list]
There is one other thing - teaching. The Dojo never quite managed to effectively train duelists to create good rituals. Remember that. GGG has a narrow utility, as Burns and a few others have indicated, and dependence on it can cripple a character's ability to duel. Share knowledge, explore the limits of your ability to fight, and help MD stay a fun place for dueling.

Edited by Tarquinus

WELL MAYBE THE TIME HAS COME FOR THE MR'S TO MOVE ON, WHEN I FIRST CAME TO THIS GAME I NEVER EXPECTED IT TO HAVE THE IMPACT ON ME AND MY FRIENDS THAT IT DID. WE THEN CAME TO FIND NEW FRIENDS AND THE MR'S GREW.
MRD THROUGH ALOT OF HARD GRAFT AND EFFORT BUILT THE MR FRATERNITY UP INTO A FORCE BOTH FEARED AND REVERED. MY TIME TO LEAVE HAD COME. UPON MY RETURN MANY CHANGES HAD HAPPENED, BUT THE SPIRIT WAS STILL THERE. I FIND THAT IT IS WANING NOW AND THE LUSTRE HAS DULLED. SOMETHING IS AMIS AND NEEDS TO BE REKINDLED OR FOREVER LOST.
I MAY HAVE FOUNDED THE MR'S, BUT I DID NOT BUILD THEM TO WHAT THEY WERE. MY SUPPORT WILL ALWAYS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN WITH MRWANDER AND MRD.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='phantasm' date='18 May 2009 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1242651476' post='31400']
I think one of the points of this is the idle player. I'm not sure how this was started, but now I see alot of people are idle for far longer than they play. Is that the way idle was meant to be? I personally do not idle much, because to me idle is like sleep. If you sleep all the time and are active very little isn't that kinda....lazy? Don't get me wrong I am very new to this game compared to alot and know less than i would like to about the mechanics. When platyers are idle for 8 hours at a time eventually, if they set up "balanced" rits, their rits run out and it becomes a solid barrage of losses. Therefore when you log back on to play for 2 hours, you have a ton more losses and as we all know at MP4 and MP5 actual Victories are much harder to come by than losses. Am I looking at all of this wrong? I agree with alot that Willem has to say and have always been a balance player. We are all guilty of tree setting at times (my favorite is tree and 2 unholy priests as soem know). Like DST said (i can't belive I'm agreeing with DST) Tree choppin isn't a bad thing as long as its done in MODERATION. With the implementing of the 20x rits I feel people have grown lax and set up rits for 8 hours of trees. if you have 4 trees, set up one tree and some matars as deff, times 20, you arrived with 80 rits set up and waiting to be chopped away at. Now as an RPer or as a Warrior can you honestly tell me that you do not find that as a little lazy? Just my opinion and I have been known to be wrong before
[/quote]

Recognize this?
This is my opinion on GGG. Not that it changed recently, but it recently started to annoy me.
I'm unable to find opponents.
Not because of honor barriers, i put those on myself to save the newbies from me, but because of GGG.
It's literally impossible to get some sort of fight outside of it, there's nobody who's not hiding there.
Kind of the same situation people like phantasm faced by the time that post was written.

Enough of forging wins for creatures, enough of gathering stats without work, enough of the abuse of balance-system.
Mur, if you can't think of a way to stop that once and for all, like you stopped the last major battle-mechanics-abuse at Willow's, feel free to ask any time of the day.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Burns' date='19 May 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1274299763' post='60053']
Recognize this?This is my opinion on GGG. Not that it changed recently, but it recently started to annoy me.I'm unable to find opponents.Not because of honor barriers, i put those on myself to save the newbies from me, but because of GGG.It's literally impossible to get some sort of fight outside of it, there's nobody who's not hiding there.Kind of the same situation people like phantasm faced by the time that post was written.Enough of forging wins for creatures, enough of gathering stats without work, enough of the abuse of balance-system.Mur, if you can't think of a way to stop that once and for all, like you stopped the last major battle-mechanics-abuse at Willow's, feel free to ask any time of the day.
[/quote]

If you think its GGG's Problem, then i think we need to look at a larger problem of the Game. Normally there are around 6 Non Ally Mp5's and about 6 ally members. So if you think this is "most" of the members of the current players then this is indeed an issue.

And Burns i am unsure what "battle-mechanics-abuse" was occurring at willows that Mur stopped. Please refresh my mind and tell the tale for others who were not around.

Most of the GGG people are normal noobs who dont have fun when you continually attack and kill them. Most of them complain about the "rude statfarmers who kill them" and many times i have seen someone say their goodbyes because of people continually attacking them.

If you think that GGG is a major problem, then perahps it is merely highlighting that we lack in players, Or that you cant find them so it becomes boring :P

Burns I love you man!! I'd hug you if I wasn't afraid we would both spontaneously combust. Ahh memories of the days when I wrote that. That was way back when I was a noob MP5 and Willow's was full of trees. Sure don't find that anymore. Most of what Chewy said applies to what I think.

Right at this moment there are 7 MP5 non allied, and 7 allied mp4 and mp5. That is by far not the majority of MD, and usually that is alot of MP5s, as most are usually mp4s. Lately I haven't been out on my usual hunting trips due to me and Chewett are finishing working on a few things for the GGG. As you have no doubtedly noticed there are no longer GGG mules, MP3 alliance members, or MP2s to farm easy wins or easy victories on. So I don't see any abuse going on at all now. While I agree that there is not near enough real battling going on outside of the GGG, the GGG is not the root problem.

I agree there are many people hiding all over MD afraid of MP5s who are 2 or 3 years old with stats, gear, and creatures way above their own. They get decimated and hide in little cubby holes and attack who they can, and train in the GGG to try and get stats to eb able to fight. If anything you should be happy that the GGG is creating people who are starting to give some of hte old vets a run for their money.

Of course there are always those like Junior, Shadow, JTZ Champoin, and other who have a vast amount of drachorns with tokens coming out their ears, and stats triple that of me, who many consider a vet. It has been, and most likely will be always impossilbe to win against those people, but at least now many up and coming MP5s stand a chance against other MP5s with reasonable stats and creatures.

a) It's not hard to train up a tree and use it as a defense (Which I did)
b) If you have too many losses (Which I did), it's not hard to get more wins (Which I did too), assuming you notice the problem (Which also I did...>>)
c) Even if you get attacked by big vets (Which doesn't happen to me very often...in fact, I attack THEM more often than they attack me) what's the worst that happens? Your creatures lose some VE? You get a loss or two? You lose a rit?

So, can someone fill me in on WHY people hide in GGG? I mean, other than the obvious one of not having to learn how to defend yourself :/

What exactly do you call a defense against drachs, angiens, and pimps? Most the ones at ggg are either mp4s who know whats waiting for them at mp5 or ones like me mp5s who have found out that really the only way to keep from losing all your crits and all your vit to energy burn is by raising your stats and upgrading your crits

My stats have never been overly high, especially when compared to other people as old as me >>

All you need is a good strategy >>

VE isn't hard to get back (especially when using GGG :/), and neither are dead creatures, even though dead creatures shouldn't be a problem for you at MP5, because you SHOULD HAVE learned enough to defend yourself at MP3 and MP4.