now totally unfair outcome of feb/march head contest

Lifeline

the announcement says that everybody who participated in this head contest expect lightsage and mrv are allowed to win and participate in future headcontest again.

so first of all some possible results of that. we have 3 mp3s that gained huge stat boosts and can win again. they can just stay on mp3. with these stats almost no normal mp3 would have any chance at all to win. but that is not all they could stall the whole headcontest forever because of their strenght at mp3. and even force mp4 and mp5 to a desired outcome because they just wouldnt let any mp3 get 5k score otherwise. those 3 mp3s could totally control all coming headcontests in all mindpower levels.

next point here we have a mp4 that won gold but has a chance to win again because it suffered from cheating and abusing? how bad can the cheating and abusing be if she won gold medal on mp4?

this headcontest wasnt unusual to any previous headcontests before. passing heads in mindpower levels has always been done. the head contest was always stalled because heads were taken away from a mplevel(mostly it was mp5). of course its unfair to do so but that doesnt change the fact that it has always been done. there has even been worse the headcontest where i won i was even movelocked and were threatened to be movelocked for the whole duration if i dont agree not attacking the player that is supposed to win. that was sorted out tho but its just a point to make clear that there has always been bad abuses in the head contest.
and now all players who ever won a headcontest in the past get punished along with lightsage and mrv?

if u see the announcement as punishment for lightsage and mrv then its a punishment for everybody who won the headcontest in the past as well. the punihsment is that lightsage and mrv cant participate again unlike the other winners in this head contest. but all former winners cant participate as well so they suffer the same fate as lightsage and mrv.

if u see it as a second chance for the not cheating participats of this head contests then its more like an almighty gift. they won already and can use their stats and everything they got to win again just because they had the lucky timing to participate in this headcontest and not a former one. they can win 2 medals and stuff. that is no second chance that is worth more than several Wishpoints. just in terms of credits already. 1WP = 5 credits. u get 15credits for placing. so that is already worth 3 wishpoints if u were to trade them at that rate.
they participated in a headcontest where abuse was going on but instead of a second chance or anything like that they are granted at least for the mp3 the chance to win gold for sure next time and particpate again. where is the fairness there?

i dont want to talk about a better compensation for those who suffered from the abusing in this contest. but as it is now they got the ultimate reward that is out of any balance. i warned about what is possible on mp3 already but to make my point i will quickly say it again:
mp3 headcontest winner of this month are now the strongest mp3s around that can collect and take heads in future contest. they placed this time because they already had max grasans and darkarcher lvl3 and stuff. so just with the creature they would mostelikely be able to win again if they wanted to. but thats not all they also got a huge stat reward that will totally crush all other mp3s that didnt win a headcontest. so image the next headcontest:
mp3 collect all available heads what is easy with tehse stats and either brings them on a secondary account or just chill in a sanctuary so that he wont get score points. they stall mp3 in a way that no player even reaches 1000score. after a week or so they tell mp4 and mp5 that if this contest is ever going to end player a and b has to win or they wont give the heads on mp3 free and just stall forever. mp4 and mp5 would have to agree because otherwise the contest would never end.

so please think about what this new change of events COULD mean for future headcontests.

this is also punishment for everyone else who didnt ever participated in hc or who havent placed in this 10 which are given second chance

and i really dont see point for this sort of thing if heads were transferred from one mp level to another, that really dont makes sense, i want to hear real reason, and if the reason above is most likely called by some player whos alt was placed 2nd in hc, then really, what are we talking about, i say stop alts from playing heads contest, also remove that credits reward

and yes this 3 mp3s would be overkill, but in my opinion mur may want to take them on mp4 on his own will, as i heard it happened once to someone

Well as one of the refered mp3 that win this contest I feel like I need to say something about this. As Lifeline sad it will be unfair for the rest of mp3 players if we stay and compete in the next contest also. I was too powerfull before I won it and now with all the extra stats it will be unthinkable for the new mp3 to deal with any of us. Besides it will be more interesting to win it again in mp4.

I've never had any troubles with the unfairness of the contest because it was the same always... Heads were transferred, bugs were used, pacts were made...
but giving players who suffered under those things a second chance is not unfair, that's actually FAIR!!
if that's how the contest should be played, everybody deserves a second chance, there has _never_ been a time when HC was fair...

i can't remember a single HC in which alliances and head transfers were not a BIG part of creating winners -.-

I can put up with it if the reason can't be made public, but if one of those three [transfer, bugs, pacts] is the cause for giving people a second chance, i want another shot at HC too ^_^

[quote name='Burns' post='26496' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:44 PM']I can put up with it if the reason can't be made public, but if one of those three [transfer, bugs, pacts] is the cause for giving people a second chance, i want another shot at HC too ^_^[/quote]

as much as i see thats the reason

[quote name='smartalekrj' post='26491' date='Mar 6 2009, 09:07 PM']kinda like you assume exploiting bugs and not reporting them?[/quote]

RJ, I will not go into a discussion with you here, PM me if you want to discuss it or we'll go way to far off topic, just 3 points:
1. I did not use bugs this HC
2. I reported the bug in question about 2 months ago I think when it was already know
3. I wonder why you abuse bugs (PM me on that one)

on topic:
as far as I know it can only have been pact or transfers, probably the later...

i have yet to abuse bugs and for you to think i do is funny

and also if someone tells me that someone is abusing a bug i check it towards the person that is abusing it, then report it. People telling me about 4 bugs in one day(3 from you) that weren't posted in the bugs section

lightsage and rj, solve this in private please

and most of bugs are submitted to shoeps not posted in bugs section, ones posted in bugs sections are mainly the ones from which one cant profit, bugs that can be abused with profit should be kept secret and reported to shoeps not on forum

What if in the next contest, passing between MP levels were to forbidden, whether in an alliance or not? For example, if one of the fifth mind-power were to defeat one of the fourth mind-power, they would not get any heads at all from the combat? Or perhaps, they may receive the maximum of one head from that combat?

Well mrv and lightsage cheated in a way and so maybe if they wouldn't cheated others would be 1st and results would maybe be different?

Also as far as I know rewards are also not same anymore....

And HC IS UNFAIR as it is/was always said and changing anything would ruin it in a way... If there will be changes Mur will decide on em on his own and there will be a lot of complains and some supports as usual...

IBC(In Before Closed)

Simply...stop your whining...

There are things that nobody but a select few know about, and you, Lifeline, and many others, are not any of them...

I know a small amount of it, but even that small amount is incredibly insignificant compared to the whole.

So shutup. Quit your whining. Grow up.

Life is unfair. Heads is unfair.

Manu made his choice.

Live with it.

I agree with Logan. Its unfair. But its over already and you cant change that.
Those who won the HC before the rewards got seriously upgraded didnt complain either.
For example, i came 2nd long ago in a HC contest and i only got a fair ammount of credits as reward, but you dont see me complaining about it.

In Response to Liberty below: That was a statement, not a complaint lol.

[quote name='Logan Marquis' post='26527' date='Mar 7 2009, 12:55 AM']IBC(In Before Closed)

Simply...stop your whining...

There are things that nobody but a select few know about, and you, Lifeline, and many others, are not any of them...

I know a small amount of it, but even that small amount is incredibly insignificant compared to the whole.

So shutup. Quit your whining. Grow up.

Life is unfair. Heads is unfair.

Manu made his choice.

Live with it.[/quote]

if u mean with 'knowing' a possible bug abuse or anything then it should be clear that no bugs were abused in this headcontest. in the last they were abused and what happened big punishment. this time there is no punishment so there was no bug abuse.
game control abuse with the alliance feature yes but that has always been done and is nothing new at all.
what does complaining have to do with growing up? it would be a sad world if nobody complains. there can only be improvements if there is complaining about something not being opcimal. if nobody complains one thinks the system is perfect and wont make a change. if he gets complains he might see that there is a better solution and learn from it.
nothing changes the fact that headcontest participants have always suffered from the alliance abuse feature and other abuse but this time the current winners somehow got lucky and are priveledge more than any other now. how is that fair to former participants that suffered the same thing?
in my point of view there should be another compensation for the winners of this contest. maybe a stat increase or something like that but giving them the option to compete again and win screws everybody who couldnt or didnt participate in this month head contest

i fully agree, its not like that gives them a second chance, this gives them second win, coz they will win again thats 100% sure, next hc will win former winners and alts

the thing i am saying is that it would be better if mur gave immediately rewards for this contests + all what winner of first place gets (coz they would all get it sooner or later becoz they can compete, and that results in others not getting anything), thing that they got chance to take over hc again just takes out seats others should get, we already have players staying at mp3 for 4 months just becoz of hc, this will make new players only stagnate more, and overkilling all other players which are even more younger than them, this thing make things change not only on hc basis, but on overall fighting in whole realm

I know for a fact all the MP5's who placed this HC will not participate in the next one.

And to Lifeline...

No, complaining is bad. Coming up with solutions is good. But sitting there and crying over what's happened won't ever make anything better. Besides, it gives air to people who want a reason to complain.

And you are wrong Lifeline. That is ALL I will say further.

And growing up means to stop complaining about EVERYTHING and start finding ways of making things better.

[quote name='Logan Marquis' post='26578' date='Mar 7 2009, 03:51 PM']I know for a fact all the MP5's who placed this HC will not participate in the next one.

And to Lifeline...

No, complaining is bad. Coming up with solutions is good. But sitting there and crying over what's happened won't ever make anything better. Besides, it gives air to people who want a reason to complain.

And you are wrong Lifeline. That is ALL I will say further.

And growing up means to stop complaining about EVERYTHING and start finding ways of making things better.[/quote]

i dont want to make a huge discussion out of this so this will be my last reply to u in this thread.
the whole basis of finding ways to make things better is unsatisfication. why would there even be a drive to make anything better if everybody is satisfied? maybe i used the word complain wrong here. ah whatever my point stays what was ment to compensate for something unfair made it even more unfair. the unfair use of alliance and other abuses in this month head contest (what had always happened) of course made the particpants suffer. But their compensation they get for it is way more unfair to ALL players that ever DID or WILL particpate in head contests.