The Ancients of the Game

Chewett

• Root Admin

[quote name='Burns' post='30036' date='May 3 2009, 09:58 AM']Savel was the first mp6 in the game,[/quote]

well thats not technically correct. Deetn was the first and he continued to progress to MP8

but yes Savel was the "real" MP6

PS: i am going to continue to remind you of the old players because i feel that they need remembering.

About that...maybe we can make a topic called MIA (I was thinking first of RIP :unsure: but I am not that morbid) for players who achieved things in this game but for some reasons left/stopped playing etc.

[quote name='Chewett' post='30360' date='May 5 2009, 02:06 PM']i would like that.

would most definately add some people there.

anyone else think this is a good idea?[/quote]

I would love to see that! As a fairly new player, I hear some names of the "Great ones" tossed around occasionally, but really don't know who they are. It would be very cool to get a better understanding of the legends of MD.

100 % agree.

Why not write Obituaries? Explain why they are to be remembered, whether it be good or bad.

This can be an archivist thing, if you want. It is our job to do writing.

Awi

uhm, i dont mean to sell them out of anything :) but maybe you could talk to a legend speaker about this... I would personally help, but i dont wanna over commit myself right now, but if i ever find i have extra time i may be inclined to write up a bio or two.

Edited by cryxus

Legend Speakers are not as active as Archivists, and they have less members (No offense to Yami, Keith, Xin, and any other Legend Speakers out there).

Furthermore, it is OUR duty to archive information and keep it alive for the MD community as a whole. If the Legend Speakers would like to use our information and tell the story of said veterans, then so be it. However, I think it should be the duty of the archivists to archive information of this sort.

And we have 9 members, at least 4 of which are ready to work.

Awi

hey mate, if you insist, i s'pose this means you wont want me researching my own stories, eh? ;)

Well if i ever plan on writing an article i hope the information is accessable :)

Hardy ha.

But seriously, our doors are open, and if someone ever needs information on a topic, just ask. We won't research for you, but we will provide the files for you to search through.

And of course, the information is always accessible.

Awi

I cannot speak for the archivists before I joined, however if you were to ask me about something, I would do my best to provide you with the information.

I believe any member of the archivists would do the same.

Awi

dst and Chewett, thanks for coming up with a fantastic idea! Our history and stories define us, I cannot say that enough (and I feel like a broken record with that phrase these days).

I would like to ask for a submission of the names of those who have gone before us that are of interest to everyone.

I would also like to invite the Legend Speakers to work with us on this project, I know that they currently have the biographies of several people in the pipeline, but perhaps with a joint venture, we can cover more personalities.

To address the topic of Archivists withholding or releasing of information, I assure you that we share our information freely with anyone who wishes to know. However, I am rarely approached with questions of any sort (I cannot speak for everyone in my alliance). Those whom [i]have [/i]asked me for information will tell you that I have done everything to help them.

If you have questions, ask. If you seek knowledge, seek no further.

I look forward to working with the Legend Speakers, as well as others, to give MD the information they desire.

.Alche.
(i dunno if GG wizard was played by anyone, but perhaps a bio would be interesting)
BigC (already done for the newspaper when he returned)
STF / .Morpheus.
.Phrog.
OmegaWeapon
Tremir
.Renavoid.
Sol
Dragoonus (?)
NeylaSetesh (unsure about spelling)
Granos (?)
.Morgana Le Fey.

Edited by cryxus