Children

Fenrir Greycloth

Ok this is something that has bothered me on this game, and several others I used to play.

[size=5][u][b]People having children. Most often(Liked 200% of the time), twins.[/b][/u][/size] ... And boring RPs

I do not no know why(it must be something in the water)... but for some damn reason WAY to many people are having children and WAY to many of them happen to be twins.

Do you know what the odds of having twins are? 3.21%

I know this is a depression and all, and that according to Talos's topic that you are all bored and need something to do so you have children. But the reason why we are in a depression is because of the last depression everyone had children. You are only making it worse with your damn twins and single children. They are not our future, but our downfall.

There are those of you that have maternal instincts and want to smother and take care of children, but last I saw, we are in a mystical place that is extremely dangerous and we do not have real bodies. I'm not exactly sure of the laws of physics in this world, but I am pretty sure that it is not possible to have children because Men do not have a corporeal form in which they can inseminate the women!

Is it just me, or does having children in a game sound weird to you? If you want to imitate life, there are games like Sims, and Second Life in which you can play! There you can actually raise your babies and feed them and other meaningless stuff. :huh:

Children are not toys! They are not meant for your entertainment... they are living creatures, and they SUCK at fighting other creatures. So weak and feeble and useless. I tried fighting my Grasan against a child... The child tried to use it's crying ability but it failed. I don't know if this is a bug or something, but the Grasan ate it to shut up the annoying little thing.

So basically, my main message here people is... PLEASE find something worthwhile Rping. There is an ALREADY amazing story line in MD. Check out these little known things called Angiens! They are flipping awesome! And once you get to see the Tainted Angiens you can use those to scare your children to death... literally...

If you need help finding a real RP.

This is an example of a Personal page that I found while wandering through MD earlier today...
I apologize to who ever this belongs to, I did not check who it belonged to. I just wandered MD looking at PPs until I found some children.

[quote]We have twins now.One boy and one girl.There names are (boy)and (girl).they are beautiful,though all parents think that.If you harm them or my love,******** then god so help you I WILL somehow get you.We knew I was pregnant but we did not know the sex nor the amount, though we guessed it would just be one.We gained our extra knowledge from *******, a very kind person who I thank from the bottom of my heart.[u]I am one of the normalist people you will ever meet, and I don't mind admitting that. I have no magic powers no sword skills no special abilities.[/u]The only real thing I have is my humanity.I hate to see people upset or hurt, that is why I will try to never hurt people.I am usually very friendly but that is only my opinion.[/quote]

These children have no purpose. Neither does the mother. What can she contribute to the world of MD? According to her PP, nothing. Just children.

I am now offering my services to all the mothers and fathers of MD. I will erase your children for you and help you find a unique RP. Something you have never seen before... like an inventor, or a super awesome rabbit with an attitude that hates trees!

That's another thing that annoys the hell out of me, all those newbs out there that think being a vampire or a demon or an angel is cool. It is! Trust me, it is... if they had a place for it here in MD.

If they changed it so that they were afflicted with a hemoglobin deficiency and they needed virgin blood once a month to survive, then awesome! Perform the ritual on Chewie's coffee table! Make things interesting while you fight off the wookie yelling about staining his carpet!

But a vampire? OVER DONE like a hamburger from McDonalds.

Ok... enough ranting, I hope you all understand my plee, and the point I am trying to make...

[u] Please find something else to do in MD besides each other... if you need help, pm me! I love doing stuff like this! [/u]

Oh which reminds me... stop having sex and making out in the Archives. I like to wander there and research certain topics and things... so if you would... find something better to do than that. It is meant to be done in real life. It's better that way.. trust me.

Well, I don't particularly mind if it's used as a roleplay element. But if the individual is getting knocked up every 3 months or so, then yeah. It gets pretty stupid. I also know of very few single parents who would get knocked by every single man they met, and few men who would take the risk of doing so if they already had once in the past.

I realize that this is fiction (not as blind as most people think, grandma) but there has to be some sort of pathos involved with your characters. Seriously.

*laughs*

I wonder where Angien eggs come from?

We don't have bodies in MD? That's unfortunate. Alright everyone, delete any drawings of your character, cease all interaction that might involve you having a body (eating, drinking, using armour, weapons, or any thing, picking up objects, hugging, making any kind of noise (I assume we communicate by telepathy), etc etc)

Anyone that is ordinary or normal out there... I'm sorry, you are cut from MD. You have nothing to offer this world... time to trade in that boring character and to become a super-mage hell bent on doing something unique and interesting.

Haha. I meant they are not our real bodies. I think we project our mental version of ourselves into this world. I am not 100% sure if this is how it is, but I was explained that is how it is...

Angien eggs come from the natural inhabitants of this world. :huh:

Edited by Fenrir Greycloth

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' post='34624' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:28 AM']Haha. I meant they are not our real bodies. I think we project our mental version of ourselves into this world. I am not 100% sure if this is how it is, but I was explained that is how it is...[/quote]

Hmm... I've heard that explanation as well, and I don't buy it (someone that knows for sure, feel free to correct me on this). I feel that whoever our character is, they are now fully in this world. My character has a body, and it's now in MD.

I have only 1 opinion about the 'children" *cough*alts*cough* is a SICK rp.
Not to say that some comments are way to...OK he is the creator of the game but...put his name in each thing related to GOD and then i wander myself why ppl blame him for creating a cult, when he just created a game and some a cult for him.

PS: the expression 'holy shit' is 'holy god?' i used to know it like holy shit..asking because i saw it holy mur...just to clear it for my own dictionary :spiteful:

disclaimer: no offense , nothing personal .

LE: Fenrir, no i hate alts , especially when used like this.
I hate when sick rp/sick things happens in MD. You like to do it..make it private, make a dream, go in private locations. don't use a public location.

Since role playing is about interaction, it is a bit silly to play both your character and his/her children. (or worse the character and the spouse.)

Incorporeal? I've always played the game as if my character has a 3d body and the ability to walk in XY directions as well as jump up and down. There was a discussion about MD being flat, but I considered that flat as in a discworld flat, not 2D flat.

9 months is for humans, with the strange creatures and hybrids around, who knows how long it takes for them, if it is even possible to further mix races? And that's not only on a genetic level, for some combinations I'd like people to draw me a picture of how it happens and pay my psychiatric expenses after looking at it.
Also after 9 months, for humans, you are stuck with a baby, not a twelve year old trying to live on his own. Although if you believe in the stork story it makes sense, so at least my character doesn't see any problems :huh:

@Akasha: if for each time someone equates Mur to a god, someone else equates him to poo, is that balance?

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' post='34641' date='Jun 24 2009, 03:12 PM']They are naked mole rats.[/quote]

And you say my butcher contest ad is cruel :huh:

Well from what I see having children could be easily assumed by others as a lack of creativity on rp, specially if that is merely a reflexion of lack of ideas to ad on your own character projects. Other then that I believe everyone should be able to procreate dracul-angels as long as they want even if it is seen as a pointles overpopulation to others.

BTW I am going to start selling baby stuff... how come that didn't occured to me before :fool:

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

pointless? definitely not.
overpopulation? not the way it is now.
loads of hybrids and mythical beast? let 'em come and enhance MD.

there are more ways in which can contribute to MD than you can imagine, Fen, and if it takes 200 useless crap-vampires and demons before THE ONE comes passing by, then so be it :)

however, seriously... don't create alts to interact with yourself, it's nothing but silly... oh well, it is one thing apart from silly: un-needed!
get a partner in crime, PM around what you are aiming at, and then do it, with two players, not with yourself... the really good players can even get their goals without asking the others to cooperate first, that's what's enhancing MD :blink:

how about that: get some friends to start with MD and adopt them as your children, eh? that way, new players start, and new stories get written, instead of old stories getting a new turn with kids... which are then forgotten -.-

there might be players who are really that creative who have enough time to play 3 chars as if they were different players, Sagewoman is giving lessons on that if you like, but most of us are not even managing to get one char deeper into the game... let alone a second/third/fourth :lol:

I agree with kids being born in MD with one condition:the mothers should RP the hole pregnancy. 9 months! With morning sickness, nausea, swollen ankles and all the other sh**. If they last for 9 months then I agree: a child should be born. As for other species..9 months also :blink:. Why should humans be the only ones to suffer?

Le: and RP the birth itself :)

Ooh! Children! Hmm.. I wonder if sterilized equipment is used.. :blink:

And None seem to have complications.. Pregnancy induced hypertention, post partum haemorrhage, foetal distress, transverse lie, enencephaly, HDNB.. Never mind.. The list is endless., Ooh! I forgot spina bifida! I wonder if they take Iron and folate supplements!

I dont mind alters or kids. It just proves that the superhuman charecters of MD are human. :) I am ok as long as I dont have to handle spoilt snotty cry babies..

It is not the fact that they are children, but they don't have a PURPOSE. Adopting everyone around you, or everyone being everyone's sibling is unreasonable and pointless. I understand you want to be connected in a "special" way but why not do it in something original.

I might be a bit biased on this subject since I have 4 sisters, one of which is my twin. BUT that just means I know what I am talking about. :blink:

Gee, Fenrir, give us a break. You rant at a moment's notice about nothing, or whatever has ticked you off in the past five minutes. Your hate page is a challenge to people to dislike you: it worked on me.

There's a lot of silly roleplay in MD: mostly that says to me that people don't know what roleplay is, how to roleplay, or both. I'm one of the characters in the game without magic powers or unusual heritage. That's not an indictment of me, and in fact suggests that I can bring something to the realm without being able to teleport around using asterisks, create duplicates of myself, or change into another form. That something is my brain, my personality, and my experience.

People who use asterisks in an attempt to give themselves magic powers do two things: make themselves look like kids, which some of them are, and demean the actual magic system in the game.

So, the growing list of things you don't like in RP extends to having kids in the game. Take a number. It offends me, too, and I have kids in real life. But hey: people want to have fun, and they will do it in ways that amuse them. You want to talk about serving no purpose? Your ranting serves no purpose other than maybe making you feel better. It won't affect a single thing in MagicDuel.

I agree Keith that will not change a thing. :D I think I am the most aware of that but it's a good way of letting things out, brainstorming bla bla. Who knows? Maybe from a stupid thing like this a great idea will be born.
If a topic is not interesting enough it will die on its own and I will click the close button (sometimes even delete).
Also some players do not think at their image in the game. They just don't care. And they assume that "responsibility".
I don't defend Fenrir ( I personally do not like him and the feeling is mutual but that is not a reason not to agree with an idea) but this time it happens that form my point of view he is right :)

Really out of topic: the singer from Placebo has awesome eyes *drools*

there might be players who are really that creative who have enough time to play 3 chars as if they were different players, Sagewoman is giving lessons on that if you like, but most of us are not even managing to get one char deeper into the game... let alone a second/third/fourth :lol:
[/quote]

Let it be known, I play TWO characters, not three. Fortunes Well does not count. :D

I don't mind people RPing kids where BOTH parties agreed in advance that it would be part of BOTH of their story trails (which isnt that commun in actuality, usually one person decides and the other poor sap just goes along with it). I don't mind it, but I don't like it very much either, and as for birthing scenes, I just find the whole thing ridicuilous.

Z

ed- for Ud - that poor sap sure isnt me. I dont go along with anything about my char i havent agreed to. Ever.

Edited by (Zl-eye-f)-nea

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' post='34766' date='Jun 25 2009, 03:33 PM']I don't mind people RPing kids where BOTH parties agreed in advance that it would be part of BOTH of their story trails (which isnt that commun in actuality, usually one person decides and the other poor sap just goes along with it). I don't mind it, but I don't like it very much either, and as for birthing scenes, I just find the whole thing ridicuilous.

Z[/quote]
I wonder who the poor guy is *coughs*. Well, I saw that coming..

Anyways, I agree with Keith that people don't need to be of special heritage or anything to contribute to MD. I'm pretty much like Keith when it comes to RP policies. I love the actual magic system of MD, and I chose to start my role as a normal human with no special powers, just my brain and my perseverance. It does come with the consequence that I don't role-play a lot with those that are vampires/demons/human with special powers that just somehow come to them because of 'heritage'. No, I don't RP my golem for about 9 months (until it is acknowledged via my RPC role), although the role as a golemancer itself started a year ago, simply because the MD system doesn't 'acknowledge' that I have one yet. Some of the old RPCs are a much more clear example of role-players who contributed a rich flavor to MD by being special through their adventures in MD, not an inherited awesomeness. Simplyzero's shadelikeness came from his adventures, he was a normal human until then. Akasha has an important role in principle research while still being a normal human. Omegaweapon became an assassin through choices he made, and he has the stats worthy of saying himself capable of assassinating people (at that time). People don't need to start already equipped with a bunch of * * actions giving them special powers to contribute flavor to MD. Their actions and adventures are the one that gives the flavor.

And yeah, I agree with this whole child thingy.. I've seen a lot that is not even played much...