Angien Egg Issue

Chewett

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

Simple question. For the angien lvl 1 should we remove the sack stats?

No spoilers about it, Or caculation what is better. Just thoughts and ideas of ways of reducing the problem or an argument there isnt a problem

I will remove all spoilerish posts so please keep it clean, UNLIKE the previous one

Yeah, no one is going to sac an older Angien for temporary stats, so that doesn't really matter. As for the issue of stats on trees, they do have permanent bonuses for sacing. (And with that many wins, it is significant.)

I really don't have an issue with the sac values of the level 1 myself. Getting armor at MP3 doesn't matter unless you grind, and most grinders know how to get the armor at MP3 without it anyway.

I stated that temp stats on the Angien are not an issue at first level because it's easy to get armor. But I suppose the Ve is an issue at MP3. And it's true, it would allow people who have no idea what they're doing to get things that would be useful to them. Though, how are these people getting Angiens? I would think if they win them as some sort of reward, then go ahead and let them use it. It's a good way to reward easy quests for MP3s.

[quote name='Guybrush Threepwood' date='08 September 2009 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1252450667' post='41267']
I stated that temp stats on the Angien are not an issue at first level because it's easy to get armor. But I suppose the Ve is an issue at MP3. And it's true, it would allow people who have no idea what they're doing to get things that would be useful to them. Though, how are these people getting Angiens? I would think if they win them as some sort of reward, then go ahead and let them use it. It's a good way to reward easy quests for MP3s.
[/quote]
I agree with Guybrush, armor is easy to get at MP3 and if we remove this then we'd probably also need to remove the temp stats for birds. Personally I feel that if you should remove one thing then you should also remove others which are similar but of course I don't believe that it should be removed.

And yes, they make fantastic rewards for MP3s (In fact, I reward people with these for solving my quests [because I'm not an RPC]), my personal opinion: Keep them the way they are, no need to change anything.

Tiny comparison (no values however)
[spoiler]3 Birds approx = 1 Angien
At lvl 1 for temp stats[/spoiler]

Edited by Deatznce0

i still think that those temp points should be taken off them completely, it's just WAY too easy to upgrade thigns you shouldn't have on mp3 with those...
and of course people get it by buying them with their mp5 -.-

i think i could give freddy (my little poor non-combat mp3) all the majestic winderwilds, full-grown trees, skill vampires etc.etc. i wanted by simply giving him an angien for each upgrade, and that can seriously not be the way it's meant to be >.<

about half of the 'normal' mp3 quit after a few days because of things like Fawe and Falsh already, what would they do if EVERY alt could do such things within a month? this causes too many problems imo, way more than people raising their max VE with alt-abuse, because this hits the people at the beginning where they don't and CAN'T know how to deal with those mobs...

[quote name='Burns' date='09 September 2009 - 07:08 AM' timestamp='1252476536' post='41299']
i still think that those temp points should be taken off them completely, it's just WAY too easy to upgrade thigns you shouldn't have on mp3 with those...
and of course people get it by buying them with their mp5 -.-

i think i could give freddy (my little poor non-combat mp3) all the majestic winderwilds, full-grown trees, skill vampires etc.etc. i wanted by simply giving him an angien for each upgrade, and that can seriously not be the way it's meant to be >.<

about half of the 'normal' mp3 quit after a few days because of things like Fawe and Falsh already, what would they do if EVERY alt could do such things within a month? this causes too many problems imo, way more than people raising their max VE with alt-abuse, because this hits the people at the beginning where they don't and CAN'T know how to deal with those mobs...
[/quote]

You're slightly mistaken here, Free credits and the HC made up my high VE. The higher-tier MP3s generally don't seek battles, we just log on every now and then. If MP3s attack us while we're idle then it's really not our fault.

BACK ON TOPIC NOW:
My 2 propositions or resolutions:
<> If Angien bonuses are removed then so should the egg and almost all other lvl1 creatures (If we removed one, they should all be removed)
<> No change needed

MP3s are imbalanced as it is, the christmas event from last year would be a greater issue than this. VE is almost useless when you know how to defeat it and stat farmers outpower everyone. As a side note: removing stats bonuses for the MP3 stage would also seems like a good idea in retrospect.

Edited by Deatznce0

• 6 months later...