Creature Stable

Aeoshattr

ok, so here is my idea: what about a creature stable like some sort of bank where you can put your creatures, without sarcificing or losing them in any way. they still get age, but cannot be used in combat. therefore you can't attack, but can't be attacked either. the stable should have as many creature slots as you have.
oh, and they shouldn't lose XP, won fights, whatsoever. and during HC the creature stable would be unavailable, so that everyone participates.
i'm expecting LOTS of negative criticism, my reputation will probably get to -80, from those that fight.

Uhh...what now?

You're proposing that we have somewhere else to store our creatures? Why? Other than to make things more complicated I mean.

There's an Extra Creature slots thing in the MD shop, and people who dont like getting attacked can just stick up a load of defense rits if they want.

I just don't get the purpse of this.

actually, if you are trying to collect AND have a few combat crits, you are facing serious space issues even with 36 slots...

BUT, and this is really important imo, the moment you have creatures for any reasons, you are a valid target for the rest of the fighters, and that should stay that way! if you are afraid of losing too much, stop fighting and stick with sanctuaries, or set defences that win, and gather a few wins with hit-and-running, and if it's just about losing creatures in def which you need for attacks, hard luck, but that's the way it goes...

all i can see here is a cowards idea about how to avoid fighting and make it even harder for the fighters to find a target...

you didn't get the point. it's not like doubling the extra slots in the md shop. if you sttable a creature, it still keeps the slot in your inventory occupied. you just cannot use that creature in rituals, and if you stable all of them you'd appear as without defending forces. it's for new players that don't have a chance against older ones. i mean honestly, that hint that says " a new player can defeat an older one with enough skill and a good ritual" is totally fake. for instance, there is absolutely no way to beat dst, who has super high initiative. just making a point here, not suggesting anything. or MRD, with his super high attack. seriously. new players don't have drachorns, birdies, tormented souls, unholy priests, whatsoever. besides, all the latest upgrades have come in the aid of old players. did any of you look at the stats boosts given by the equipment to an mp3? and at the stats boosts given to an old rpc? seriously now...

besides, getting attacked all the time makes you lose loyalty and honor. in my opinion it doesn't make things complicated. and burns, compare your stats to mine. it's obvious why i came up with this idea, now because i'm a coward, but because i fail to see the point in fighting a battle you have absolutely no chance of winning.

The thing is, MP3 can't attack RPCs, unless they're in an alliance.

The other thing is, no, you can't beat MRD or dst, but that's because they worked to get where they are, and you're proposing to keep them from using their hard-earned stats to pound you into the ground? Anyone can get lots of stats if they word hard enough. All you need is patience and knowledge.

And if you don't want to fight a battle you can't win, don't attack them, and if you see them and are afraid of being attacked, go the other way. xD

Edited by Pipstickz

duhh... that is not what i meant but whatever.
the main point of this idea was allowing weak players to get out and socialize without getting busted down the first second they leave sanctuary. i really really don't think of this idea as complicated. you can add tons of disadvantages: for instance, a creature once stabled cannot be returned to your inventory for 2 weeks. besides, the stable could be in a location, not in a player page. that way, you couldn't just go to GGG without creats, bust everyone up, stable your creats then run away.
But if everyone is against me (stupid me, all influent players are daily fighters) then i'll just dump the idea...

tons of the daily players lose their defs every 5 minutes, that's the way it goes ;)

if you are out and about to roleplay, you don't need your critters anyway, so why not let bypassing killers do their jobs and destroy them?
there are ways to keep your nice crits from dieing so they are available for an occassional fight, which any mp5 should know about, and your idea does totally NOT aid newcomers and mp3 cause they do need all their crits all the time so they can upgrade them

i know how evil mp5 is when you are just starting, but you already got the advantage of an ally, what more do you want? lots of people come to mp5 without walking trees and with less than 100 atk, and still manage to get going, though it's admittedly WAY harder since Mur made the losses rule XD

Edited by Burns

[quote name='Aeoshattr' date='10 September 2009 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1252566092' post='41383']
duhh... that is not what i meant but whatever.
the main point of this idea was allowing weak players to get out and socialize without getting busted down the first second they leave sanctuary. i really really don't think of this idea as complicated. you can add tons of disadvantages: for instance, a creature once stabled cannot be returned to your inventory for 2 weeks. besides, the stable could be in a location, not in a player page. that way, you couldn't just go to GGG without creats, bust everyone up, stable your creats then run away.
But if everyone is against me (stupid me, all influent players are daily fighters) then i'll just dump the idea...
[/quote]

Stop playing the "poor me, nobody likes my ideas and won't give them a chance" act if you want people to take your idea seriously.

As for the idea... its interesting, a creature stable could have uses. I don't think it's well thought out enough yet, and I wouldn't consider it a pressing enough issue to warrant time spent on it though. Maybe if you think of a way to address more issues than just whiny MP3s getting creatures killed.

alright, i'll give it a bit more thinking then post the complete idea.
and jester, i'm not acting "the whatever role you wrote there",( i'm too lazy to copy it XD), i knew from the first this idea would not be liked. i just didn't expect getting only negative comments :|

[quote name='Aeoshattr' date='10 September 2009 - 02:53 AM' timestamp='1252572833' post='41387']
alright, i'll give it a bit more thinking then post the complete idea.
and jester, i'm not acting "the whatever role you wrote there",( i'm too lazy to copy it XD), i knew from the first this idea would not be liked. i just didn't expect getting only negative comments :|
[/quote]

My bad then. My point was more that expecting an idea to fail when you post it tends to make that happen.

[quote](stupid me, all influent players are daily fighters)[/quote]Sorry, had to quote that considering i'm one of the people against that initial idea (A reworked one could be good) and apart from the last few days, i havent fought really for months...almost a year now possibly.

Like Jester said, do rework it, put restrictions on it. There's not going to be a feature like this that hides all of a players creatures, but there might be one that hides some, various conditions apart from just "they'll be there for min 2 weeks" will be needed/wanted with this if it were to work

• Root Admin

couldnt you just let your creatures die... then you wont fight...

its a good idea so people dont get attacked when out, but if for example i want to go attack someone i run out, de stable them, and attack and restable them... meaning no one can attack me. Suddenly no one can be attacked. I can only win by killing the weak mp5's so if they all have no crits its no point me fighting... so i wont have crits... the loop continues

If used well, a stable could yield interesting situations. A player who put certain creatures into the stable might be more vulnerable for a while. Maybe we'll experience an outbreak of grasan flu, forcing everybody to put their grasans in the stable for a week?
And it actually makes sense to have a stable in a fantasy world, although I'm still wondering if we have farmers and brewers.

The ONLY purpose for this is for extremely low level players, who can't put up a defense that won't go down and allow people to get to their crits that they like more, OR to keep people from attacking you entirely. Both are pointless. If you can stable a critter, it should have to stay there a while, and then, there is no point in stabling it, because the only reason (unless you have a person chasing you down with regen a lot) to stable a critter is so that it is healthy when you need to use it, and you won't be able to. If you just want to not be attacked, well, that's not ok either. There are ways in the game to keep your critters alive, even some ways to make sure you can't be attacked. Figure them out, or don't, but this is a system that would just take more time to make then it could possibly be worth, unless some added benefit can be gained from stabling a critter that doesn't break the system.

As for losing honor and loyalty, well, you don't need loyalty, you do not lead an alliance. Honor is easy to gain if you know the right people, and REALLY easy to gain if you get pummeled a lot, even if you don't know the right people. So... What's the problem?

I think with some work this could be a good idea, have a creature stable perhaps make it that you have to buy "Stable slots" in the MD shop and make it cost quite a bit of Ap or something to withdraw/store you creatures say 30-50 ap and if you have it in a specific location (as i assume you would) it would be quite costly storing and withrawing your creatures

No, these are not just "more creature slots".
if you want, you can add it in the shop, as an extra feature. i have more than enough free slots and 2 shop resets. so it's not about the slots

Ok, so here it is: Just an idea, don't start yelling at me because of it
I was thinking about the stable's location to be the Hollow Den. Loreroot is accesible to every player, unlike GG and Necro, so there will be no "discrimination". However, it is not accesible to very new players, since they have to beat the guards first (am i allowed to say that? if not, just tell me and i'll remove it). So we won't see all Mp3's stabling their critters. If anyone has a better suggestion, i'm open to it.
- stabled creatures keep their wins, xp, tokens and age at the time stabled. They do not get age, however, until they're back to your inventory.
- the stable would start with 4 or 8 slots, so you can't stable your full inventory. You can add more stable slots in the shop. also, to unlock the stable in the first place you have to buy it from the shop.
- Once stabled, a creature cannot be removed earlier than 14 days. Once removed, the creature cannot be stabled again for 1 or 3 days
- Stabled creatures lose vital energy over the time spent in the stable. (5% per day)
- stabling a creature costs 25 AP, 5 exploring pts. Removing a creature from the stable costs 50 AP and 10 exploring points

that's about everything i could come up with. if anything needs correction, or if you think i've forgotten something, tell me

[color=purple]MERGED: USE THE EDIT BUTTON! - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido