Double Standard Lesson 1

The designer

[quote]Grido Icon Sent Today, 01:57 AM
The thread about your assisting the game, has not been deleted like you presumed, merely made invisible, this is due to a thought that it could be spam, trying to attract people to offer you business.[/quote]

Ok,very nice I can appreciate this, but I've just been browsing and i see this

[quote]Was really interested in the project and thought i would offer my services. Heres some examples of my work
http://s49.photobuck.../f251/julius17/ badmonur: 07 September 2009 - 05:02 PM [/quote]

Now to me is is double standards these images are visible,whereas my topic was made invisible what I started, IF i wanted to offer my services to a gamer that's my prerogative, some people want custom images made for their character or banners etc etc doesn't mean i would charge them,its what makes a character unique, and increases the addiction and increases gameplay.

End note
[size="3"]
What goes for one should go for the other[/size]

This message has been brought to you by www.sortyourselfout.com

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='11 September 2009 - 04:31 AM' timestamp='1252643490' post='41489']
Mark, stop. That doesn't help.
[/quote]

Correct, just infuriates me how small minded some people can be, the cheek of it is I was "asked" to come here, and get pulled down by idiots thinking they know "whats best". Input is input, no matter how mistrood it's coming across,you should be thankful you get any.

• Root Admin

Your post was much different to the one mentioned, Wheras he just posted a link to his photobucket or wherever you posted on to a website.

These forums have had a lot of spam over the last few months and decided that it would have been correct if we set it as invisible until we attained whether you were a spammer.

It was merely a precaution taken so people wouldnt visit the website. The game designer still had a look at your work. So surely your purpose was achieved?

We got your message, we thank you for the offer but now would be a good time to stop insulting people around.

Also I announce you that your warn level is increased and will continue to be like that if you do not stop with the insults .
I noticed in one of your lasts posts that you said you will ban yourself from the forum ... if you continue to act like this on this forum you will be banned and this is the warning.

I also expect that the person who directed you to this forum to post your services to speak with you nice and tell you what and how are things going on in here, explain for example that the game /creatures / scenes are made hand draw it is not 3D or things like that.

Considering this, visiting your site in which i found you got a lot of medals , congrats, if someone will be interested will contact you.

Thank you.

• Root Admin

After reviewing the situation i have identified a couple areas where we can improve when handeling such an issue.

One such area is to pm the user when his or her content has been removed. Next time this happens i shall make sure that they user knows why their content has been removed or hidden. Other than that i feel we have treated you fairly apart from one of two members (watcher) making snide remarks.

Please if you wish to continue talking with us about this issue i would love to hear from you about how you think we can improve our policy with dealing with such advertisements.

Thank you

Chewett

[quote]
Akasha explain for example that the game /creatures / scenes are made hand draw it is not 3D or things like that.[/quote]

Really just freehand? So a 3d image would not be able to turn form this

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/willis8732/v3faerie-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

to this

[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/willis8732/blackandwhite.jpg[/IMG]

P.s this is just a rough image as i didn't have time to funny change it into a "perfect looking pencil sketch

[quote]Considering this, visiting your site in which i found you got a lot of medals , congrats, if someone will be interested will contact you.[/quote]

This is exactly how easy it is to misconstrue peoples words of the net on forums, this is a site i am designing for [url="http://stephenlambdin.webatu.com/"]Stephen Lambdin[/url] my name is mark,not stephen.

Now Chewett,this is the first responce i have actually seen you be polite and i thank you for that, now in you post you mentioned a name of a person,who made "snide" remarks,(this is advice for all) admins don't need to mention who/what where or when they said it,they just delete the post,contact whomever it is (by PM) and deal with the situation(banning warning etc etc, others don't need to hear bad vibes on forums (free lesson 2)

Same goes for bug posting on here, bugs should be directed to the Admin/GM via PM and then when the bug is sorted the admin/gm posts what bug they have sorted (no specifics)Why? Imagine 1 person finds a bug (giving a item or whatever) they post it and then 10's or 100's abuse it,and it could create a imbalance in the game,just a idea worth you lot thinking about.

• Root Admin

[quote name='The designer' date='12 September 2009 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1252752392' post='41575']
Now Chewett,this is the first responce i have actually seen you be polite and i thank you for that, now in you post you mentioned a name of a person,who made "snide" remarks,(this is advice for all) admins don't need to mention who/what where or when they said it,they just delete the post,contact whomever it is (by PM) and deal with the situation(banning warning etc etc, others don't need to hear bad vibes on forums (free lesson 2)
[/quote]

Firstly we dont need lessons. We here have managed for ... 5 years? and the forum hasn't descended into anarchy. People can make their own remarks about anyone they want. This is not a dictatorship, anyone can make remarks and say their views. You can say we are rude and we wont delete it. that has worked as people can say what they think without repercussions.

[quote name='The designer' date='12 September 2009 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1252752392' post='41575']
Same goes for bug posting on here, bugs should be directed to the Admin/GM via PM and then when the bug is sorted the admin/gm posts what bug they have sorted (no specifics)Why? Imagine 1 person finds a bug (giving a item or whatever) they post it and then 10's or 100's abuse it,and it could create a imbalance in the game,just a idea worth you lot thinking about.
[/quote]

Mur (the admin) has no time to read pms and such. He is relatively unorganised (sorry mur but its true) and sometimes forgets to fix things. This is why we post things on the forum as others can help claify what is wrong so Mur can have a definate report of the issue.

What you dont see is that there are several bugs that have been hidden due to their abusabiliy, and they normally get hidden immediately as we have some (very) insomniac moderators. Its much easier to cordinate bugs by posting them so mur doesnt get 5 pms about the same bug.

We can also track bugs and see if the changes implemented have fixed the issues for users. And many people have no idea how to contact mur.

[quote]People can make their own remarks about anyone they want. This is not a dictatorship, anyone can make remarks and say their views.[/quote]

You think?

Lesson 3 Read the terms & service of a IP Board, all it takes is a few complaints to pull a board down, hence why admins and mods are used, better to be safe then sorry

Now I am annoyed!
The designer, why do you want? You came to this place, you think you were badly treated but instead of going away and never coming back you keep throwing the so called lessons to our faces. Don't you have a better thing to do then spamming this forum?

It was explained to you that in case we need your work you will be contacted.Why all this fuss?

[quote]Don't you have a better thing to do then spamming this forum? [/quote]
It's not "Spamming", it's just holding a conversation that's all.What's there to be annoyed about? :S Take a breather and at least reply back with at least a "debated responce"
Why all the fuss you say, because i was thinking of having a try with MD and i know i can offer more then most, it's called getting to know whom the people are, and whom to avoid, and who think they are something their not.

[quote name='Chewett' date='12 September 2009 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1252756650' post='41581']
Any other points you wish to make?

Becauase this system has worked for years...
[/quote]

Erm...No not at the minute lol but i am sure i'll get back to you on this one....Wait......... yeah one more thing, i understand this has been going 5 yrs right?, so then by now why hasn't the board owner scripted some code/graphics together to fit this board to the game?

[quote]Why all the fuss you say, because i was thinking of having a try with MD and i know i can offer more then most[/quote]Gotta love arrogant people :)

[quote]why hasn't the board owner scripted some code/graphics together to fit this board to the game? [/quote] i'd like to point out that the previous forum version we had did have that, one hasnt been adapted for this forum type yet though.

[quote]Gotta love arrogant people :) [/quote]

Why thank you, Dont know whether you've notice yet but i am stubborn too

[quote]i'd like to point out that the previous forum version we had did have that, one hasnt been adapted for this forum type yet though.[/quote]
It's really not hard to look at the script and change the hex codes and add content, could be done in a day, you won't have to download a skin

Any pics on what the old skin looked like?

Edited by The designer

• Root Admin

[quote name='The designer' date='12 September 2009 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1252758708' post='41587']
It's really not hard to look at the script and change the hex codes and add content, could be done in a day, you won't have to download a skin
[/quote]

have you seen how complicated the ipb forum skin is?

The last skin designed was by Mur, I have started adding a new skin but i have very little time to make one, so it is only half completed

Also what forum/webdesign experiance do you have? Because im sure im much more experianced than you

[quote name='Chewett' date='12 September 2009 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1252758845' post='41589']
have you seen how complicated the ipb forum skin is?

The last skin designed was by Mur, I have started adding a new skin but i have very little time to make one, so it is only half completed

Also what forum/webdesign experiance do you have? Because im sure im much more experianced than you
[/quote]

I have been building sites since i was a kid, and forums like this one (not 3.0) earlier version for around 8 yrs ?(maybe) Quite experienced with most code too from.I currently do most of my work nowadays with adobe cs4.I work for myself too building sites :)

EDIT : gimme a pic of old one, just to see whats needed or roughly some idea

Edited by The designer

• Root Admin

Nope, dont have a SS of the previous forum, I have all the files stored locally here atm.

Why?

EDIT: Thanks lib, you gave me an idea

http://magicduel.com/img/screenshots/magiwb001.jpg

Edited by Chewett

[quote name='Chewett' date='12 September 2009 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1252761510' post='41592']
Nope, dont have a SS of the previous forum, I have all the files stored locally here atm.

Why?

EDIT: Thanks lib, you gave me an idea

http://magicduel.com/img/screenshots/magiwb001.jpg
[/quote]

I get bored easily and tend to do things for others, I was going to give it a go designing a board, then you can tell us if u want it or not.

EDIT; Do you have that image or does anyone?? (at the top of the board?) or at least a link so that i can copy it properly?

Edited by The designer

[quote name='Chewett' date='12 September 2009 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1252763939' post='41595']
have a challange, find it

surely someone with your skills could find it one the net somewhere, it must be cached somewhere

and atm i cant find the image on my hardrive
[/quote]

I'll sort something out i'm sure.

The drawings are [b]HAND[/b] ..with your hand and pencil on a paper not on the pc, with some program.

I already told you that if someone will need your services will contact you, and that until then to chill up and follow your own advice.
I suppose i don't have to explain that i don't know who Lambdin is and i / we don't even care?

Again, the game design [b]is not[/b] how you are used to, and it is done by Mur (who is not unorganized but working on many web projects and has no time to read p'ms daily ..or even weekly) and until now i don't recall he asking for drawings done with programs, but on contrary ..so again, thank you for your services but it is pointless at this moment to continue arguing on something that is not even implemented in game and [b]won't be[/b].

If you continue at this subject and post links you will be treated as a spammer, you have been warned and you did not stopped.

• Root Admin

Hi Mark (or whatever your name is)
MagicDuel will never have computer generated graphics, regardless how professional some might consider that or how many amazing ways there are to do them in 3d then convert them to something that looks like handmande but its not.

I could give you a bunch of reasons why that is and why its so important that the drawings should be made pencil on paper and not altered by a computer but i am sure you will have no use of such information.

Regarding general design, i hope i don't offend anyone if i say MD never had a "webdesigner" except me. The web you presented (if not taken from a template) is not that impressive. If you could do something like (http://www.disciples2.com/D2/elves/), and i mean art+the 3d glare effects+... then you can contact me, maybe i have a project for you, but so far what i see regarding webdesign you have basic skills.

In no way do i want to offend you , and i appreciate you trying to help, but i see you are very persisting and you require an official answer, so here you have it.

Thanks

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='13 September 2009 - 08:37 AM' timestamp='1252831031' post='41660']
Hi Mark (or whatever your name is)
MagicDuel will never have computer generated graphics, regardless how professional some might consider that or how many amazing ways there are to do them in 3d then convert them to something that looks like handmande but its not.

I could give you a bunch of reasons why that is and why its so important that the drawings should be made pencil on paper and not altered by a computer but i am sure you will have no use of such information.

Regarding general design, i hope i don't offend anyone if i say MD never had a "webdesigner" except me. The web you presented (if not taken from a template) is not that impressive. If you could do something like (http://www.disciples2.com/D2/elves/), and i mean art+the 3d glare effects+... then you can contact me, maybe i have a project for you, but so far what i see regarding webdesign you have basic skills.

In no way do i want to offend you , and i appreciate you trying to help, but i see you are very persisting and you require an official answer, so here you have it.

Thanks
[/quote]

Your right Mur (sorry i don't know your real name) its not impressive and not a bit of offense taken, but it was what I was asked to do, I am persisting your right, because i am trying to build a solid portfolio up for myself and I am "picking the people within my portfolio",as i haven't been in business long.I looked over the site and I see what your asking for is a bespoke intro page with links and glow effects,with a customized drop-down, the layers in what you have shown me are alot as you well know."glare effects" or "glow effects" as i call it,yes I can do this,its only a matter of adding more key frames and changing the images color step by step, not a real biggie but it would take time as you will know, a site like this "and designing the graphics on top" would take me time and i'm not superman,i work alone,I'm not asking for "money" upfront, I am just wanting a chance that's all, here's my email willis8732@hotmail.com.

I don't wish to talk on this forum about it.I'd rather you get me by email,then it keeps it away from others opinions, all I need to know is what you require for the page to start with, a image (for the front page)I think I've tried to sell myself to you enough now, the rest is up-to you..

Given time mur, there is nothing much i cant do, take a look [url="http://www.willis8732.netii.net/"]http://www.willis8732.netii.net/[/url] (not even 10 mins work just to show you I can)A intro page is what your asking for and I know I can do it to the spec you require. Give us a holla if needed