The New Reign Of The Sentinels

Jester

As of today the Sentinels have a new leader and cause.

The members of the Dynasty were charged with living up to Khalazdad’s reputation, an unattainable task which I did not envy them. Khalazdad entrusted an important task to me before he left, but with him gone it is unfulfillable. Instead I now revoke the part of the Sentinels that was the Dynasty and begin anew. With this I claim the title the Regicide, which means King slayer or Kingdom breaker.

I, Jester the Regicide, am now the leader of the Sentinels.

Our primary task remains the same: to guard Necrovion from all who seek to do it ill, and to learn as much as we can about the mysteries of this place, our homeland. Our secondary objective is much different from what Khalazdad had in mind. Instead of being a peaceful college and fighting to prevent war, we now desire war above all else.

The peace that has been covering this realm like a plague has caused the inhabitants to become stagnant. Instead of learning and progressing, people have become secure with their ineptitude and do not work or grow. We plan on teaching them the folly of their ways. Khalazdad said that people must adapt and change in order to survive, and I plan on enforcing this lesson in the most brutal way possible.

Do not misunderstand us, our purpose is not to cause pain and misery. We merely desire combat, true combat, not combat without meaning or purpose. Among our ranks there may be people who desire only to inflict suffering, but they are not representative of the views of the Sentinels as a whole.

Diplomacy, threats and bribes have no effect on us, we can not be discouraged, bought or coerced. Our purpose is pure.

For now we shall prepare, but soon you will be hearing more of this. Very soon. My reign may be brief, but I am prepared to follow through with my cause even at the cost of my death.

As long as I live, there will be WAR!

-Jester the Regicide, leader of the Sentinels

[quote name='Jester' date='14 September 2009 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1252885726' post='41705']

Diplomacy, threats and bribes have no effect on us, we can not be discouraged, bought or coerced. Our purpose is pure.

-Jester the Regicide, leader of the Sentinels
[/quote]
I hope this means war without neding the dirty conspiracy/backstabbing thingy that was part of the previous war. I've seen enough damage caused by it. If there must be a war, I hope there can be a clean war (if there's anything like a clean war).

[font="Palatino Linotype"][i][size="3"]I like the way you think.

True, I also sensed it that without war, the realm became stagnant and dead, at least for me. When the great Khal left the realm ages ago, the Sentinels remained as they were and still are, with no visions and leader to lead them to their true purpose and no plans on how to bring massive destruction to the other lands such as its ultimate rival the Marind's Bell and Loreroot. The blinding peace that covers the realm with its massive shadow of light and harmony, illuminating the path of righteousness while bringing down darkness and chaos buried underneath the realm. For the true nature of the Necrovion, this is not what they would crave for. They want war, war that would bring balance to the realm, and also teach some of us the basic fundamentals of fighting, for the faithful warriors that inhabits the realm has spent enough time for training and celebrating that blinding peace that covered all of the realm.

Many had spared their lives fighting for what is right for them, for the people who wants peace, but what about the Shades... Khalazdad is gone and Peace is dead, this new foundation for the Sentinels would give them honor and strength. Waiting for an unsure circumstance will lead our path into a non-existent void, this might be the right time to stop waiting for nothing and start learning from something, and what you did is excellent, to lead the Sentinels to war and chaos as this would bring the ultimate peace and balance that we are all craving for.

Silence throughout the realm is deafening, to this I say, let there be war.[/size][/i][/font]

Edited by King Lazarus

[quote name='Udgard' date='14 September 2009 - 05:53 AM' timestamp='1252929232' post='41731']
I hope this means war without neding the dirty conspiracy/backstabbing thingy that was part of the previous war. I've seen enough damage caused by it. If there must be a war, I hope there can be a clean war (if there's anything like a clean war).
[/quote]

I watched the previous war carefully. It is my opinion that it is extremely difficult to die in MD, therefore actual fighting is of very little consequence. Wars fought with words affect the people behind the characters and cause actual damage. Therefore, wars fought purely for the sake of fighting are much better than wars fought with insults. This will also give people a chance to use creatures and tokens and spells they worked hard for and in some cases paid money for. As losing has a purpose in MD, there is very little reason to fight to win. I plan on making a reason.

[quote name='King Lazarus' date='15 September 2009 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1253000208' post='41775']
[font="Palatino Linotype"][i][size="3"]I like the way you think.

True, I also sensed it that without war, the realm became stagnant and dead, at least for me. When the great Khal left the realm ages ago, the Sentinels remained as they were and still are, with no visions and leader to lead them to their true purpose and no plans on how to bring massive destruction to the other lands such as its ultimate rival the Marind's Bell and Loreroot. The blinding peace that covers the realm with its massive shadow of light and harmony, illuminating the path of righteousness while bringing down darkness and chaos buried underneath the realm. For the true nature of the Necrovion, this is not what they would crave for. They want war, war that would bring balance to the realm, and also teach some of us the basic fundamentals of fighting, for the faithful warriors that inhabits the realm has spent enough time for training and celebrating that blinding peace that covered all of the realm.[/size][/i][/font]
[/quote]

I believe it has been said that Necrovion is a reflection of all other lands, and therefore has no "rival", but instead makes an enemy with all other lands, or remains neutral as it chooses. Correct me if I'm wrong?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='16 September 2009 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1253057119' post='41829']
I believe it has been said that Necrovion is a reflection of all other lands, and therefore has no "rival", but instead makes an enemy with all other lands, or remains neutral as it chooses. Correct me if I'm wrong?
[/quote]

You are entirely correct, It seems to me that war has become a cheap gimmick as there are many who are always too eager for war. I feel that K's image of the alliance should have continued as it is the Dynasty. Yet even if they do not want to continue it i feel there should be someone who should carry the flag and keep the "Real" Necrovion alive.

Like MB i am saddened to see Necro fall into another one of the warmongering alliance.

Well, really, every land has their fighting alliance. MB has Knights, LR has Guardians, GG has MRs, but Necro only has one alliance, and it's basically choosing one or the other, or trying to do both, which is what Jester is doing, I think, just with a bigger focus on war.

Edited by Pipstickz

[quote name='Chewett' date='16 September 2009 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1253081254' post='41852']
You are entirely correct, It seems to me that war has become a cheap gimmick as there are many who are always too eager for war. I feel that K's image of the alliance should have continued as it is the Dynasty. Yet even if they do not want to continue it i feel there should be someone who should carry the flag and keep the "Real" Necrovion alive.

Like MB i am saddened to see Necro fall into another one of the warmongering alliance.
[/quote]

You still don't understand the true purpose of what I'm doing.

Also, there are no warmongering alliances. Everyone is neutral or dedicated to peace. Name one alliance who has actually declared war within the past year and gone through with it, or one that is offensive as opposed to defensive.

[quote]I believe it has been said that Necrovion is a reflection of all other lands, and therefore has no "rival", but instead makes an enemy with all other lands, or remains neutral as it chooses. Correct me if I'm wrong?[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"][i][size="3"]
I also believe you have misunderstood my statement, Pipstickz.

For the word "rival" here means the lands of which Necrovion have fought with a few times and I am completely conscious of what you have said that it is a reflection of every land.

As you have stated, Necrovion can be neutral as it chooses to be, and I believe Necrovion already chose its way, not to be neutral, but to be offensive, to which I think will bring excitement and life to the realm once again, and it did not "fall" to a war thirsty alliance leader, Necrovion chose a true leader for its true dark nature and this is in fact just the perfect time to demonstrate the full potential of this, as you would say, "warmongering alliance". Khalazdad is long gone, and since then, I see Necrovion as cold as dead, with no activities or whatsoever.

Just my opinion, Necrovion cannot remain neutral and diplomatic for a very long time, for it represents the dark side of the realm and so as the other lands. Wounds have been healed, and the consequences would be righteous.
[/size][/i][/font]

If it is a reflection, it would only go to war as a reflection of other land's wish for war, wouldn't it? THe same happened when wodin went offensive against necro, they reflected his will. If the other lands are neutral, then necrovion starting a war would be a reflection of... what?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Jester' date='16 September 2009 - 07:36 AM' timestamp='1253083004' post='41856']
You still don't understand the true purpose of what I'm doing.Also, there are no warmongering alliances. Everyone is neutral or dedicated to peace. Name one alliance who has actually declared war within the past year and gone through with it, or one that is offensive as opposed to defensive.
[/quote]

No one has declared war, Yet there have been many occasions where near war has been declared. And some people like war a little too much...

I just dont see why necrovon, a reflection of us all, would start a war when there is little war at the moment. It seems contray to what K would have wanted and he understood necro more than anyone really, And played his role excellently.

[quote name='Chewett' date='16 September 2009 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1253116645' post='41910']
No one has declared war, Yet there have been many occasions where near war has been declared. And some people like war a little too much...

I just dont see why necrovon, a reflection of us all, would start a war when there is little war at the moment. It seems contray to what K would have wanted and he understood necro more than anyone really, And played his role excellently.
[/quote]

I haven't gotten any information from Khalazdad or Mur, as Khalazdad left unexpectedly. Would you rather I go based on what he did, and not move forward? Khalazdad himself said that people must adapt and shift as the desert. I'll be managing this alliance my way instead of looking over my shoulder for Khalazdad's Ghost.