Combat, Balance And Activity...

Burns

[quote name='No one' date='04 August 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1280906190' post='65045']

How can you or any "player with voting access" would be credited with the right to vote when you have no idea on what it means.

If you want to vote, vote a president. This is not a democracy it is a Murocracy.

At this moment (with under 1 year of activity) I would suggest you to try to understand the game instead of changing it.

Have fun and live well.
[/quote]

I don't remember saying that the ideas with most votes should be implemented. Of course Mur decides what changes will be done. I didn't even said that all the ideas should be considered. We could make a pool only with the solutions that Mur himself consider that might be good. And about changing the game, right at this time, not only that I don't try to change it, I actually try to keep it as it is now, by being against Burns idea.

And about those ideas of removing honor and win/loss system, honor and win/loss system was here when I joined the game, and by choosing to play the game it means I accepted the mechanics. Everybody who chosen to play this game accepted them, and have no right to even say they should be removed. Actually, by playing this game, I accepted all the current rules and mechanics. Changing them is actually the thing that bothers me. Every player makes plans based on curent rulles and mechanics, and big changes will ruin their plans. And this will have really bad consequences on the game. Someone who made plans, and sees his plans ruined, will either quit, or start over whith anoter char, or adapt his plans to the new change and continue playing. The problem is that the game is constantly changing. And even the player that changed his plans several times, will eventually get bored of changing plans, and quit. And if that player quits, he will not invest money into the game anymore. The new players will not increase the total number of players, they will just replace those who quit at some point. That means the $ gains will at least not decrease. But maybe there will be a time when new players income will be less than those who quit. Then, the game will be sentenced to death. And this is not the only problem. Ppl will not recomend this game to others because of this instability. I wouldn't recomand this game to anyone at this moment, because if I do, and the person who plays it at my recomandation will waste time and money, and then quit because of the instability, will definately curse me.

So, we must find solution of improving the game whithout changing the curent machanics too much. Burns idea changes the curent mechanics way too much. It is unacceptable for me, because I choose to play unbalanced for a purpose (I don't want the balance rewards, since I try to get as little personal exp as possible from fights).

[quote]9. News
Magicduel tries to update/modify and/or supplement its content frequently. Despite the care and attention, it is possible that the content is incomplete and/or inaccurate. Changes can take place at any time without prior notice. Magicduel is not liable for the consequences of the changes. MagicDuel is a constant changing evironement, when registering a player account you agree that future changes might affect your account in ways you were not warned.
In case the main news system is down due to technical issues, the MagicDuel forum will be the next official place to announce what is going on.
[/quote]

You actually signed up to rules saying that things change, and your account can be damaged in the process, without warning and/or refund. Perpetual Alpha tells it all, doesn't it? :ph34r:

[quote name='Burns' date='05 August 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1281022689' post='65156']
You actually signed up to rules saying that things change, and your account can be damaged in the process, without warning and/or refund. Perpetual Alpha tells it all, doesn't it? ;)
[/quote]

Indeed, allot of things changed since I signed up(and I am only 110 days old). But there was nothing major. Small changes here and there doesn't bother me. What you propose is a major change, and is very rigid. This will limit the strategy options allot, making the game uninteresting. MagicDuel is not something for anybody to master, but for everybody to experience. The changes you propose leaves nothing to experience for those who can't stay balanced. they won't be able to lvl up their crits, so, they won't be able to win against other players, but they will continue getting losses, and they will become even more unbalanced. Indeed, a penalty for 1K more losses than wins seems decent (however, since the penalty implementation was a major change, Mur should have given them some time to get enough wins wins). 1K more losses is a very HUGE unbalance. but giving a penalty for, let's say 200 more losses than wins is ridiculous. More than that, as I said, some ppl, such as myself, doesn't need the balance bonus, and want as little experience as possible. Of course, I could just stand on the edge of the balance, and get the minimum bonus. I will just need some more losses to get there, and then it wouldn't be very hard for me to stay there. But I am MP4. And I will get to MP5 one day. The more restrictions there will be, the more time I will have to spend at MP4. I am planing to stay at MP4 only about 3 years, but with the new restrictions you propose, I might have to stay at MP4 about 5 years (maybe 1 year to gather the losses I will need to stay balanced, and 1 year only to gather enough wins and losses, to expand my balance before advancing to MP5). This might seem allot to you, but I only play 2-3 hours daily (except for weekends, when I play a bit more), and my set strategy doesn't allow me to do much in the time I play (because I only fight idles that gives very little experience, and some actives that agree to set a non dmg defense for me).

However, the first idea, with the expansion of the balance based on number of fights could increase activity, and stimulate ppl to stay more or less balanced because the more counted fights someone have, the more chances to be balanced they will have, and even if they don't get full reward, they will get something more than being unbalanced. eventually there will be a point where even 1K more losses will be in balance, so, the skill dmg would be avoided this way (of course, this will require allot of counted fights, and will still be very hard for the MP5, but theoretically it will be possible).
Indeed, this is something that definitely should be implemented asap. But only this idea, and not the others.

Edited by Bronzometh

<spam for Bronzometh>

dude, you write too much.

I read 10 lines then I forgot what was all about (my luck that the title is suggestive enough).

I would propose you to write in more and smaller paragraphs. No more then 20 line.

In the mean time ... NO to your idea, whatever you meant by it.
Sorry

• 3 months later...

I'd like to pull some general attention to that problem again.
Currently, there's again at least 5 people who want to go off balance on purpose, even though they absolutely don't need to. They only do that because they can beat weaklings with less loss, or better said make up for that loss easier.

That will in turn put really weak players in stat damage.

Please, do something about it. Anything at all that makes balance pay more than not-balance is welcome. Let me just tell you that minor stat-boni don't do the trick.

[quote name='Bronzometh' timestamp='1280953169' post='65076']
Someone who made plans, and sees his plans ruined, will either quit, or start over whith anoter char, or adapt his plans to the new change and continue playing. The problem is that the game is constantly changing. And even the player that changed his plans several times, will eventually get bored of changing plans, and quit. And if that player quits, he will not invest money into the game anymore.
[/quote]
I've been playing for quite a long time, and not once have I had to change my plans.
I've seen all sorts of changes happen, but none have had all that much to do with my plans. And yeah, I have combat plans as well as RP ones. But still, after almost 2 years, and 3 years of being a member?

Not. A. Single. Change. Needed.

If such simple changes impact your plans that drastically, then it means you are *probably* trying to exploit something that needs to be fixed anyway, for the health of the game.