Story mode

Rob

Not being able to get out of story mode is enough to make someone quit and give up!

OK it finally let me out of story mode. It kind of seem like that was all there was to game. Click continue and pick a skill and do it over and over. I understand the story part, and now you just do story mode when you want too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem is that I should be able to read more of the story at once time and do less clicking. I click on continue now AT least 25 times if not more. Then had to pick a skill again. After I pick my 3 skills, then I just keep picking one of them 3 over and over again. Give a bigger story at once and get rid of 70% of them continue now . Like I said I click wait 24 hours the fist time hoping that it would be better and it wasn't I still had 50 more continue now . I hope this makes since. Peoples first impressions on game mean a lot and when they click over and over and see no results, it probably runs many of them away.

The biggest problem is that I should be able to read more of the story at once time and do less clicking. I click on continue now AT least 25 times if not more. Then had to pick a skill again. After I pick my 3 skills, then I just keep picking one of them 3 over and over again. Give a bigger story at once and get rid of 70% of them continue now . Like I said I click wait 24 hours the fist time hoping that it would be better and it wasn't I still had 50 more continue now . I hope this makes since. Peoples first impressions on game mean a lot and when they click over and over and see no results, it probably runs many of them away.

I am doing the same thing you did atm... but I havent experienced the 50 "Continue Now" clicks just yet. Though, is there no reading of the story in between all those "Continue Now" clicks ?

• Root Admin

honestly i have to tell you that initialy i was planning to make the game like Amelia is playing it. This should be a long term adventure game where you discover a bit day by day. I slowly realised that most players like action so i had to make it more 'active' ...but at the same time i will try to keep the original ideea...and you know how i'll do this? ....with task such as "win 100 fights" or get 100 honor ..that will let you play free but will also keep more goodies for later. Nothing compares to things that come after a long waiting :)

Amelia , i think the curiosity is killing you :) how come you resist 24h for each story?

btw, i checked your account and i dont see the 24h selections, are you using a different account for this? can you tell me the playername pls?

honestly i have to tell you that initialy i was planning to make the game like Amelia is playing it. This should be a long term adventure game where you discover a bit day by day. I slowly realised that most players like action so i had to make it more 'active' ...but at the same time i will try to keep the original ideea...and you know how i'll do this? ....with task such as "win 100 fights" or get 100 honor ..that will let you play free but will also keep more goodies for later. Nothing compares to things that come after a long waiting :)

Amelia , i think the curiosity is killing you :) how come you resist 24h for each story?

btw, i checked your account and i dont see the 24h selections, are you using a different account for this? can you tell me the playername pls?

I chose the 24h option always except for the first time (I think), but I can manage since I have to work and I'm pretty busy and also I like the rewards better :)

While I was reading your post I just got a few ideas for the game and I'll write you a pm to tell all about them :) and make this some sort of a surprise for everyone :)

Yes, I created a new character called "William" and im now on my third 24 hour option =). Indeed, the curiosity is killing me... but I enjoy it so much =D. I guess I go for the 24 hour options because I got lots of patience, I like the idea behind it (playing little every day, every other game out there requires massive activity... and in the end it turns out to be more of a job then pure enjoyment of the game), and I really like how much excitement builds up during those 24 hours =D.

I think a lot of players, just like me, have been waiting for a game like this for a very very long time... and its finally here =D

• Root Admin

the bad feeling at the end of a good buck is that you finished it and its over. I have books that i wanted to forget entirely so i could read them with same passion allover again, but its impossible. i myself i am realy sorry i can't play this game and have the curiosity of what it happen in it ...because i allready know all the outcomes :)((( :) ...

The difference between a book or a downloadable game and this one is that on a browser based game, changes can be made to continue the story and improve the game and still have all players / readers enjoining it. What i hope i will be able to do is to keep developing the game and make the gameworld deeper and deeper creating something like a 'neverending story' :)) oh i liked that book ...

but i have to admit that this is just in theory, to actualy do all this its a terrible chalange ... that i am ready to take ...lets see what comes out.

I've spent now 2 days of waiting while meditating 2x24 hours. Though, I don't see it as a problem... im just excitedly waiting to continue =)

This is pretty much how I am taking it at the moment. I don't think I can wait 24hrs again though. I did it once and now I just do 12 before I go to work, or maybe an hour or 2 if I am home that day.

Still, I find this story engrossing. The action is all well and good, but I do like a good story behind the games I play. So far I like what I have seen very much.

• 4 weeks later...
you see i chose the 15 min ones, then decided... Steve? What ARE you doing!? Now im n 24hour ones :lol:

Shin, if I see you posting on all forum topic without even looking at the date the post was made of if I see any more one word posts or not on topic you will get warned.

for me it's the second time that i do that story... i decided to choose 24h to get more skills. the only thing i hate is that i cannot do anything else... i'm blocked there... it's boring :P i cannot even read my alliance's chat... is there a reason for this? could u change it please??

• 1 month later...

The only problem is that the story has very REAL dead ends... I got penalized for trying a different character aspect, now the weapn store is blocked, I got point deductions etc. If "nice" is the only way to succeed the story becomes a pure fairy tale, while I liked the devlopment up to my death... it discourages exploring and gives you a survey of social desirability, but there is not much shaping involved...

Ermm... "nice" is not the only way.. you can succeed in getting the same if not bigger bonuses by not being "nice". Every step you take in the story can change it, players that went through the story more than once know about the different outcomes of the story and almost all of them got burned more than once.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

its ok to be like that, most players to choose the nice way and some adventurers out there to explore the other ways :)

anyway, all branches will have their purpose, even the dead characters will have a purpose once the second level of the underground, or necrovion its open

for now its like exploring the different ends, but the story purpose is to give each player a different view about the game, and experience it from a different angle.

There are 2 dead ends right now in the story, ..because of the questions asked before you reach them, both of them are there strategicaly placed only for people that fit a specific pattern.

althou they have several bugs due to their uncommon nature and might turn the game unplayable for those who reach them, their purpose is to balance a unique and rare are of the game with the lack of reward the story gives, so their major disadvantage is that they stop the story for that mindpower level and they mess the skill points in such way that will require special things later to recover. There are also advantages to get to such dead end points.

thee will be 2 ways to reach necrovion, and necrovion is divided in 2 parts, one way is the bad way and necrovion is regarded as a punishment, and the other way is necrovion as an upgrade that gives you access to more powerfull things. The same way necrovion can me seen by other lands as a damned land where players that go in are totaly lost with unfair fights and dead story ends or as a land of great power with deep misteries. It resembles MarindBell in this duality, as MB can be seen as a land of peace, ancient times or even great magic, or as a place for ghosts and hidden secrets, or even an evil land.

althou they have several bugs due to their uncommon nature and might turn the game unplayable for those who reach them,

yes, but this is the state I am in right now. I lose nearly every fight, and my XP are dropping instead of increasing, my creatures do not learn, and I am pretty much messed up, indeed... So how can I continue playing when there are no incentives. I like the idea of story dead ends and player classes, but it all happened during the third rerun of the story after having played the nice way twice (since there was no punishment earlier, the sense of risk was unreasonably low here (I would have acted differently if I had known about this possibility - I did not even now, that options in the world depend on story decisions)... so if anyone could give me a piece of advice: what can I do when the MD shop is closed (that means, there are not even guardians visible) and I am too low in Vp (7000) to get the sun armor? I feel pretty much lost right now....

• 2 weeks later...