Second Md Beer In Bucharest - Feat. Peace :)

Totenkopf

Second MD Beer in Bucharest - feat. Peace  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As some of you might know, Peace is in Bucharest until Saturday, so no better reason to have the second MD Beer in Bucharest! :P
No more voting as it's decided - [b]Friday the 13th (oooh, spooky! :P) 8PM @ Piranha (Regie, close to IDM)[/b]

Confirmed attendants:
1. Peace
2. Totenkopf
3. Assurancetourix - ?
4. Rhah de la Rey
5. Aeoshattr - ?
6. Akasha + Mur
7. Indyra Sirenias
8. YOU?

In case you cannot find us, please give me a call at 0722.451.301 (Vadim)

Since we're pretty close to IDM, spontaneous pool/bowling/ping-pong sessions may ensue after a few beers if enough people are interested :P
Also, since it's Friday night (the 13th!), I propose we go clubbing afterwards (just like last time, but last time no one wanted to go :P) - as of now the best option seems to be this party - http://www.nights.ro/party/131109/jai_lectro_2/ - I've been to the first edition and it was pretty sweet [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons//cool.gif[/img]

Edited by Totenkopf

[quote name='SageWoman' date='08 November 2009 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1257697001' post='46948']
I still want to sit on your lap! lol
[/quote]

[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_F7PZ_1Ghzm8/SvbxLd3RcII/AAAAAAAAAdk/0bQrmbOAAJo/1202208396268.jpg[/img]

gotta be perfectly honest... so... here goes: my husband had cancer; he had a surgical intervention three weeks ago... he's recovering... gotta do some more tests on Tuesday, and Wednesday we'll get the therapy schedule... so, I'll vote after I know the darn schedule, because he won't be able to drive himself to those sessions, and I can't leave him alone if he's sick... hopefully he won't be!

[quote name='Assurancetourix' date='08 November 2009 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1257701623' post='46955']
gotta be perfectly honest... so... here goes: my husband had cancer; he had a surgical intervention three weeks ago... he's recovering... gotta do some more tests on Tuesday, and Wednesday we'll get the therapy schedule... so, I'll vote after I know the darn schedule, because he won't be able to drive himself to those sessions, and I can't leave him alone if he's sick... hopefully he won't be!
[/quote]

hopes that all will be well soon and he heald of that illness (dont know the word for it )

[quote name='Indyra' date='09 November 2009 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1257771749' post='47072']
i;m in...Friday is fine by me....just let me know where :D:D

P.S Totenkopf you still owe me a beer :D:D:D
[/quote]

that's fine for me as well, if you don't mind me showing up all corporate on you :)
let's make it around 8pm though, as it's difficult for me to get from the office to piranha.
and yes Indy, I still owe you a beer, but you have to actually drink beer, it's not exchangeable for girly alcohol-free drinks :D

LE: edited the first post with agreed details; added proposal for after-party :P

Edited by Totenkopf

Hmm, if I remember it correctly, in Piranha I once ate that delicious romanian dish called ''mici'' (phonetic translation: ''meech'', english translation: ''littles''). Hope they still serve them there, they work like a charm with beer! [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons//cool.gif[/img]

And please, do not let yourselves be fooled by their appearance. Really, come on, people...

[img]http://www.servingromania.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/mici.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Master' date='10 November 2009 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1257809627' post='47125']
They can't make it ... they're out of TOWN ..........

pfffff ....... I'm out of the Fing COUNTRY !! :):)

If you dare to stop these "meetings" when I'm back in RO ... I'll kill you !! :D:D:D:D:D
[/quote]

lol when are you coming back MasterB? I'll set up a beer meeting when you're back, if I'm in the country myself :D

[quote name='de la Rey' date='10 November 2009 - 02:55 AM' timestamp='1257814505' post='47126']
Hmm, if I remember it correctly, in Piranha I once ate that delicious romanian dish called ''mici'' (phonetic translation: ''meech'', english translation: ''littles''). Hope they still serve them there, they work like a charm with beer! [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons//cool.gif[/img]

And please, do not let yourselves be fooled by their appearance. Really, come on, people...

[img]http://www.servingromania.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/mici.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_F7PZ_1Ghzm8/SvkZ27eulYI/AAAAAAAAAeA/f2qSaujHAKc/want.jpg[/img]

oh yeah, don't get fooled by the appearance, it's one of the few "traditional" romanian dishes that I actually like :)
as soon as the snow starts melting in spring and the sun comes out a bit, you'll see everyone whip out their portable grills and these little buggers smoking everywhere :D

[quote name='cryxus' date='10 November 2009 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1257851273' post='47135']
what is it exactly? looks like a sausage, some mustard and a tomato wedge (you cannibals)
[/quote]
it's minced beef (sometimes mixed with other types of minced meat) with lots of seasonings/spices, grilled over a wood-based fire usually. the meat is a bit fatty, but most of the fat melts on the grill usually and leaves the mici nice and juicy - you eat them with fresh bread and mustard (and fries and cabbage salad in my case) and definitely lots of beer, before, during, and after :D

from wikipedia:
Mititei (Romanian pronunciation: [mitiˈtej]) or mici ([mitʃʲ]; Romanian for little or small ones) is a traditional Romanian dish, grilled minced-meat rolls made from beef (usually mixed with mutton and pork), which contain garlic, black pepper, thyme, coriander, anise, savory and sometimes a touch of paprika. Sodium bicarbonate (and sometimes broth or water) is also added to the mixture. It is best served accompanied by mustard and beer. Ideally the mustard should not contain too much vinegar, because the sour taste does not fit with the Mititei.

LE: Ok, I found a 1920 recipe from one of the best mici places in Bucharest - here it is, translated with google translate heavily edited by yours truly:

Take beef meat(preferably from the neck) without removing the fat and mince twice. If meat is too lean, add some cow or even sheep fat, around 100 to 150 grams per kilogram of meat (note - this will melt on the grill, but it allows the mici to keep their flavourful juices). Do not add any case lard, bacon or pork, which do nothing to ruin the wonderful taste of mici.

Prepare beef broth, from bones with marrow, 500 grams of bones to every kilo of meat.

Prepare for each kilogram of meat spices and condiments as follows:

* 8 grams of finely crushed fresh pepper
* 12 grams of dried thyme (as fresh as possible) finely crushed
* 4 grams of finely crushed allspice
* 2 grams of finely crushed coriander
* 2 grams of finely crushed (Turkish) cumin
* 1 gram of finely crushed star anise
* 8 grams of sodium bicarbonate
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 1 garlic head (dunno what this is called in English, one "head" is the bulb with all the cloves)

For quantities larger than five kilograms, add one more measure of spices for each additional five kilograms of meat.

Mix meat in a dish for about an hour, adding baking soda from the beginning, mellowed by lemon juice. All the spices except the garlic and half the broth are added slowly, evenly and little by little. The mixture is covered and left in a cold place (fridge) one day and one night, then removed, allowed a few hours to "stretch out" and is mixed again for half hour with the remaining broth. Prepare a garlic sauce ("mujdei") with warm water and one garlic head for each kilogram of meat, and squeeze/strain the garlic after half an hour. Add part of it to mixture and mix for another 15 minutes. Leave in fridge until the next day. Three hours before grilling and serving, remove the mixture from the fridge, and let it thaw by itself. After three hours or when the mixture is thawed, forms the mici (sausage-shape) as long as a thumb, and as thick as two fingers, grease them with oil on all sides and ends and allow to sit for an hour. Fry over a hot grill of wood or coal, occasionally basting with garlic-sauce, in order to get a ruddy crust around. Turn only three times while it is roasted. The fried mici will decrease a bit in size, that's where their name comes from. Do not allow over-cook them, in order not to dry the flavorful juices. If you use a slow fire, the mici will become too hard and dry. Serve with bread or slices of loaf with Dijon mustard or spicy mustard, and as prefered, with salt and chillies.

Edited by Totenkopf

[quote name='teufelhunden' date='11 November 2009 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1257925086' post='47193']
Last time somebody had a telephone number we could call. Do you have one we can call this time?
[/quote]
sure, you can either call me directly (+40 722 451 301), but it's international rates. I have another option though - you can use my conference call details, which includes toll-free numbers for US and several European countries, and up to 99 people can join in at the same time:

Participant code= 73 820
Country Number
Hungary – TOLL number +36 1 330 8666
Romania – TOLL number +40 21 3043666 (L) +40 372 103666 (M)
United States (AT&T) – toll free 1 800 986 5281
United States (Sprint) – toll free 1 800 975 6002
United States (MCI) – toll free 1 866 419 6201
United Kingdom (C&W) – toll free 0 800 0515 932
United Kingdom (BT) – toll free 0 808 2341 253
Ireland – toll free 1 800 655 059
Germany – toll free 0 800 1 808 310
Belgium – toll free 0 800 768 06
The Netherlands – toll free 0 800 0226 413
France – toll free 0 800 900 343
Italy – toll free 800 873 161
Spain – toll free 900 993 640
Switzerland – toll free 0 800 561263

I will not open the conf call though if I don't know anyone is joining, so if you want to talk to us either tell me in advance what time you're joining or send me a text or something or give me a quick call and if I see a foreign number I will not answer and open up the conference line (+40 722 451 301)

I managed to attend the meeting ;). How it went? Hmmm...I will let the pictures talk. If you are lucky enough you might see also some short movies :)) Which I must say...are really really fun to watch :D

And now a small teaser (all persons in the pic are MD players :D - try to recognize them)
[URL=http://img690.imageshack.us/i/dscf3488.jpg/][IMG]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6885/dscf3488.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]