Are Drachorns Too Common?

Fenrir Greycloth

most of us are currently on the Sentinal II stage. There are still more stages after that so it will be some time before anyone has a maxed agien. There may be one or two hiding around somewhere, but it will be quite some time before the agien/drachorn theory is tested

• Root Admin

[quote name='Orlando Gardiner' date='24 December 2009 - 08:38 PM' timestamp='1261687125' post='50976']
Do all stages of the Angien take that long..? I mean, I hoped it would go faster afer the first 65 days...
[/quote]

It gets longer and longer, Its a patience creature. If you can be patient enought not to sack it, you will be rewarded

• Root Admin

[quote name='Orlando Gardiner' date='25 December 2009 - 07:55 PM' timestamp='1261770900' post='51040']
Should be buying six of those and let them rest for a while if I hear you all talking like that.., I mean. who even cares about the GG Drachorn's .... :P
[/quote]

Nah you need a tonn of ve to use it well also, So you need to level that and get some decent leveled angiens

• Root Admin

[quote name='Orlando Gardiner' date='25 December 2009 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1261771234' post='51042']
Ve will be needed anyway.., or do angies need it for fighting or so ? well, I will manage the ve..., Going to train it to 100k just out of boredom. Because I have to whait for all my creatures their age anyway:)
[/quote]

Perhaps you should level them, Anything more would be a spoiler

how common isn't the problem, hell, in theory one does NOT need a new power or aura or even something as powerful as a angien to beat a army of rustgolds. not to offend anyone because the ideas are good I wouldn't mind seeing them simply to hopefully see some interesting rituals but your wasting your time. one can do all this with any all hitter sure the auras are a pain but easily fought. your attacking the symptom not the root problem

I would like to see drachorns being more common, though FAR less powerful, or easily counterable (I prefer the latter).

I don't own any, but I can still make suggestions. That Rusty aura is definitely too powerful to be without caveats. There needs to be a situational debuff added on.
Such as: weakening all creatures in the rit by 5% for every aura in play, including this one.

There needs to be some mechanism (maybe via a new crit, on its own or by boosting the TS aura) to normalize giant stats. This needs to be done anyway to stay true to the "a new player can beat a vet" principle, and will provide a counter to angiens (taking away their massive defense will make them kill themselves).

And actually open the Drachorn's Lair, maybe via a WP or quest.

Edited by apophys

ahh, I am glad you bought up that line it has been pure b.s. for a very long time. it should be ether gotten rid of, after all how can keep newbie if we lie to them off the bat? or just go a head and actual put a hard limit on stats, the problem with that is whiny vets who can't stand the idea the limits need would possible show they aren't as bad as they think they are. and new stats griders who would whine because they can't see the number though truefully the answer to the 2nd is simple. just instead of the current system of training each stat by it's self, training a pool then having the player set them themselves and just limit the max useable at a time. number goes up battle system isn't messed up.

Personal stats should not be capped.

And this statement is coming from one of the lowest-stat mp4s around.

Stats should be counterable with an ability or aura.
Like an aura that would switch 1/3 of the difference between influences to the weaker guy.

The pool training idea can be easily abused. All stats would be transferred to attack and initiative, and veterans would be even more powerful compared to new players than they already are. Caps on specific stats would make stat grinding useless after a certain point, so no.

*laughs*I've heard the shouldn't be caps more times then I can count and topics like this keep poping up, if people want to a admit it it or not no capping stats is probably the worst thing you can do to the combat system, it is easy to point out flaws with roleplaying because even I'll admit it is basically unsupported sure there are things in place that could be used but they are useable enough to really help, but the combat system is equally screwed it is just made that way and hasn't been fixed yet. to clarify so people don't say things for the wrong reasons, few people wining all the time is NOT a balanced combat system, I don't want the "even the newest newbie can bat the oldest vet" line to be bullshit. any more it has more or less been that why since I was a newbie and has only gotten worst, too be truefully I stoped brothering to even try to keep up about this time last year

oh and you still don't seem to understand just how big of a cut i mean, I should lose a good bit. but I don't know maybe my wanting things balance out are counter to mur's wants, I have been yelling about this for long enough that it seems possible

-We have that aura that takes the difference in skill and transfers it to the weaker guy, it's the one on tormented souls and soulweaver. The problem is that they are not working properly yet >.<

-Principles has already been capped, capping skills will effectively stop any possible growth in combat strength. I'm old, and I'm very weak, but I don't think that halting growth is such a good option.

-The newbies can beat veteran is assuming that they have more knowledge of the game than that of the veteran they want to defeat. If a newbie is so brilliant that they can absorb and learn knowledge that the veterans do not know (and there are those kind of knowledge. You'd be surprised at how many veterans know so few things). If both have the same knowledge though, and the vet has the stats advantage, it is just normal that the vet will win.

Udgard I'd advice a large dose a caffine and a bucket of cold water because I am fairly you can be fully awake and say that and believe it, though you are right about t.s, I have never had a soul weaver probably not going to get one any time soon, but i know even when it works the t.s. will be like a band aid on a broken leg,

I'll be frank I am very tired of people pussy footing around and basically saying anything to keep it the same, it is broken when things don't work as they should you fix them, that is how it is surposed to go.

now so you don't think I'm just blowing smoke because I'm bored or something equally retarded, I know basicaly how creatures work, don't ask me for numbers I don't worry about figures they annoy me, but losing in round 0 because I am NOT in any shape, way, or form a damn stat grinder has NOTHING to do with what I know or don't know so please if you going to say that bullshit to me at least tell me you are high first because there is no other reason for you to do that and lie to me and the fact you think I am dumb enough to fall for that is very insulting so please don't do it again. it is quite rude.

For one, storm, most of the first round deaths I get is from a boosted drachorn or archer rit. And I can avoid first round deaths using freezes, although it does not work all the time, it does. And it does mean I can beat the other vets at times, and what differs me from totally new newbies is only experience, because in terms of strength I am at most as strong as a newbie mp5 (not that I'm not working to get stronger, but I'm still that weak). Oh, and newbies defeating vets should be counted from newb mp5s, not mp3s, as mp3s are not supposed to fight MP5 after all.

So no, I'm not high, I'm not bullshitting. I'm speaking what I know from experience. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm speaking what I believe in. And please don't insult me again by saying that I'm trying to insult you. If you don't agree with my opinion, it's your right. But saying what you said, that is quite rude.

I condsider myself a player with decent stats, not high, but enough to get over the day, but would still be sure that i'd be over most caps people would invent xD

anyways, caps would very likely destroy my fun a bit, it takes the point out of fighting for me, and when my only everyday activity gets pointless, i wouldn't know what to log in for anymore :/
I do enjoy questing, and setting sadistic quests myself, and there are those occassions when chat is just too much fun, but that's 20% of my online time, and i don't feel like searching for those 20% when there is nothing to do in between...

i'm still sticking to my former opinion, there just needs to be some counter-creature that doesn't help you ALL the time (for if it did, it wouldn't be a counter, but the new drachorn), but one that helps you in some very very specific circumstances, and people have tried bringing up ideas, but it's seemingly pointless anyways -.-

people scream fire and hell when i want to force mp3 to stop godmodding, but you'd gladly force vets to stop it? :P
at some point people should understand how to use creatures, that's what mur wants it to be like, so why not finally give them some creatures that are worth being understood? Angiens are a great idea, but in the end they help the grinders a lot more than the casual players... c'mon Murry, you can do better! :P

ive just been skim reading its quite late but anyway the parts that stood out was putting a cap on stats, I think this would be an absurd idea i worked hard to have the stats I do and intend to increase them, i get beaten by those with much much lower at times, anyway I think if there was a cap on stats what would happen ? I can guaruntee the caps will be hit by quite a few people and then will battles depend on strategy? of course not they will depend on who has the most tokens on their crits, With the cap on principles tokens are capped and it has beena goal for a while to be able to beat someone who uses heavy tokens i dont know if it will every happen but its what i will try i can beat light token users and at time some more moderate but anyway i think ive made my point and if this makes no sense at all it will be edited in the morning.