A Huuuge Md Chatbox

Well, as in my discription, For everyone who wants to chit chat. I mean, I am turning to mp5 right now(yes I know, I myself think I am great to)..

but the problem is, except for the mood panel on both the game and the forum, there is no way to keep on chatting. and even when you can't find eachother, it will be hard to keep track. well, it would also be a bit spoilish because it would be to easy to find everyone, with one big community speak and the ingame places will be used less as places of talking. But what would you think?

not a good idea to have a huge panel where we can talk? shoulden't be to much work, everyone contected to the forum should be able to log in with their forum account.

Will I be the only one using this, or are there others willing to join?

greetings, Orlando.

If done in game, it would take a part of the idea of the game away, if each scene is a place on the land (and it is) how would you in reality talk to someone in MDA from Golemus? i hope that reasoning makes sense.

If you're talking about having one in the forum, that's perfectly possible, but extremely open to spam, and would probably need a moderator keeping a constant eye on it in case people started swearing, saying spoilers or some other thing

The sort of chat that I think you are refering to... would take away a lot from the game. There is a certain charm, that you need to meet and chat and it is interesting when you are bored and you trvel true the land and you suddenly spot two persons chating or rping.
The "Global" (for the lack of better name) would take all that away, and everybody would talk over another one, making it hard to follow. It could also produce lag for those whos internet connection is not superb.
But what it would probably be good to add is a function where you could actualy msg person even if its not on your friends list or you dont have its msg saved or stands besides you. Maybe the Post Office at special place would be for that in order to maybe prevent spamming... Like you need to get to that place to send such mesage but it would also cost you a nice amount of AP... perhaps...

I personally don't agree with this idea. MD is not a social network or an IRC chat or *cough* "dating site" *cough*. We already have enough ways of communicating with each other. If you ask me, this one is not necessary.

well, tought of most of this myself to. but than another idea, for this is exspecially for people who turn from mp level, could there be a certain chat for them? like it says now ' you're currently in story mode,. but add a little sscreen under it where you can talk with everyone else who is turning from mp level, this way they still have people to talk with and don't have to whait a whole week before being able to do anything :)

Orlando, what you are asking for already exists, but isn't available publically. Global chat would lead to many abuses and I think there are already more than enoguh facilities available for talking to people.

A global chat would take away from the charm as many have said. But being able to shout is an interesting idea that Rhaegar brought up a while ago.
Shout in one location, and it can be heard in nearby locations. Could be good for drawing attention to an event or getting people to stop by. It can include the location/direction the shouting came from and come aat an AP cost to prevent spamming.

I don't like the idea
MD is a real world in wich you can only talk when you are in the same place
(there are no mobile phones there :P )
and talking during going to another level is in my opinion not an option too
its like growing older
storymode for MP3: its like being a baby they cant talk
storymode for mp4: a youngster that is growing in the world but doesnt like to talk about it
and going mp5 well that is just getting old and people realy don't want to talk about getting older... :)

thats a bit the charm of the game
only able to talk in location
and for the storymode you have a choise take a long time for the bonus but are cut of from the world or a short time and get soon back intoo the world and talk with people...

if you realy want to talk with people there are other options that are mentioned before...

MD is not a social network as DST mentioned but a real world and you'll have to live with it :)

One last point before this is closed. Did anybody notice how dst was looking for a dating service :)

All the available men (and flexible woman) better watch out I can only imagine where that might lead [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons//cool.gif[/img]

Cutler

PS Luckily I am off the market so no worries here

I was thinking about this same topic as I drove into work this AM. Orlando, I'm sorry, but totally disagree. That would take from the charm MD offers. The majority of the games I looked into had the "one chat" feature. The fact that MD does not actually was one of the reasons I stuck with the game. It is a world unto itself:)

[quote name='LadyDawn' date='28 December 2009 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1262000121' post='51255']
Maybe the Post Office at special place would be for that in order to maybe prevent spamming... Like you need to get to that place to send such mesage but it would also cost you a nice amount of AP... perhaps...
[/quote]

I do like that part of the topic, that might turn out to be some nice idea...
Like, people who are often 'hard to find' or simply have some uncommon online times can sign up at the post office and people who need to message them can do so in the post office? Would make things a lot easier for quest-setters who stay mostly in one place...

or, if that's _too handy_, the persons who sign up at the post office don't get the messages sent to them, but have to go to the office and fetch them so they can read them? we could also start sending that strange messenger around to deliver letters, now that his role in AL is over, or at least on hold XD

That indeed would be a good idea to, but should it cost something to send messages to people you can't find yourself? I mean, not everyone has silver or so to pay for it. and people wont be post delivery boys on the poof, if you know what I mean. but it would make it easier indeed to find people, make it possible for someone to pick up his post somewhere, and that someone else can pick up the post in order to deliver it.

[quote name='Burns' date='28 December 2009 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1262015657' post='51280']
I do like that part of the topic, that might turn out to be some nice idea...
Like, people who are often 'hard to find' or simply have some uncommon online times can sign up at the post office and people who need to message them can do so in the post office? Would make things a lot easier for quest-setters who stay mostly in one place...

or, if that's _too handy_, the persons who sign up at the post office don't get the messages sent to them, but have to go to the office and fetch them so they can read them? we could also start sending that strange messenger around to deliver letters, now that his role in AL is over, or at least on hold XD
[/quote]

Well we do have a Postman already.....

We have the tools available to make a post office. MD script makes this an idea which can be realised without any intervention needed from Mur.

@Grido: the Postman isn't around at all times, he has to deliver more than just mail :)

Edited by Rendril

Post office should be grate, and indeed. what about pure restore of action points, but you will have to be at the same place as the one you're bringing. And the reward for post delivery boys would be a nice marker, or their own ''post - guild, or so :)

well, just some random toughts, but I think it would be a really nice think to have around here:P

Ok. Let me know if you want the discussion about the postal office to continue here and I will update the title. If not, you can open a new topic and you can start debating there. I don't like mixed things.

@Cutler: I see the humor in it but I was quite serious. And I used an euphemism so I will not say cheap motel (or free motel as one of the players said at one point) where you can get a room for cyber sex.