Registration With Seamonkey

blackriderrom

Here's a bug I ran into as I tried to register:
Going to the registration page while using SeaMonkey automatically redirected me to the login page.
I don't think this is a frequent bug, since not many people use SeaMonkey to my knowledge, but I thought I'd point it out.
(Most likely some condition you use on the register page uses a language that isn't understood by all browsers, try browser detection and rewriting the condition as a fix?)

• Root Admin

Mur has put up a browser redirection on all browsers except firefox, opera, and internet explorer

Consequently if you use any other browser you are redirected to get a different one

Im not sure about seamonkey, can you change its header so it looks like firefox?

The redirection on registration leads to the login page (which was confusing, as it gave no explanation); if you have an account and try to login, it does lead to the page where it says to get another browser.
At any rate - as far as I know, SeaMonkey parses code in the same way Firefox does (it's also developed by Mozilla), which is why I found the problem surprising.

Try to have Seamonkey identify itself as FireFox or some other compatible browser, if it can.
Depending on whether Seamonkey can run the flash/javascript correctly, you might want to simply download another browser.

Edited by Rendril

[quote name='Rendril' date='29 December 2009 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1262109442' post='51356']
If you have a memory stick/portable harddrive, install FF/Opera onto it and run the browser directly from there. I find it helps with caching too.
[/quote]
Would seem rather tedious to do (unless you keep them constantly plugged in)

I managed to get the game running using SeaMonkey (followed the identification suggestion), found [url="http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/features/"]this[/url] via Google.

Edit: To those with similar initiative, I wouldn't recommend doing this unless it's the only choice (for some odd, inexplicable reason). It does run on SM, but there are indeed compatibility issues.

Edited by blackriderrom

[quote name='blackriderrom' date='29 December 2009 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1262109981' post='51357']
Would seem rather tedious to do (unless you keep them constantly plugged in)
[/quote]

Keep it plugged in for the duration of your stay at the university/work computer. The computers where I am clear their hardrives on each reset. It is more tedious to re-install a browser every reboot, rather than plug in a memory stick for me.

• Root Admin

the browser check is there because some features don't work well on other browsers than the major ones. Its true this is like that for a very very long time and things both in game and in browsers changed a lot since last time i checked.

I can remove the browser restriction and attempt to do a test again to see how some browsers perform..but i run only ff , ie and safari so if any of you is willing to do a complete test on a different browser, i will need the exact browser headers to allow them for the test.

• 1 year later...