What You Can Do When You Are Immortal..

Asterdai

Ok lets say we were all in a world where you were immortal

(yes MD :rolleyes: for the sake of argument whether in MD you are or not just say imaginary one)

what would this mean, what would you do, who woul you be, rich..famous..fly like an eagle, victorian explorer, astronaut, x-ray vision,

what 3 superhero "powers" or traits would you like to, and what would you be, ( EDIT :AND WHY :P)

how would it affect you, knowing you alone couldnt die?
what would it be like if everyone couldnt die... is this whats heavens like :P (Md like heaven? lol im not sure if thats a good thing!)

id be honest, very honest :D and cheeky i reckon, not care maybe so much about things,

(put this in offtopic, in case anyone has Anything to contribute or say on the matter :P)

Edited by Asterdai

right place for this lol

and being immortal doesnt mean you cant die, just means you cant die of old age, invulnerability means you cant get hurt, but can die of old age

AFAIK, there's not a word combining both...

3 traits...hmm

Telekinesis is a good one, Invisibility, and Temporal/Spacial Manipulation

I would be me :rolleyes:

1st:I want to be able to control@manipulate machines@computers
2nd:I want to be able to make wishes comes true especially my own wish-Reason:so i can make more people happy :)
3rd:Immortality-Reason: so i can live to see how the world end, because one of my wish would be that nobody else have any special power(when everyone is "SUPER", nobody will be [i]-The Incredible[/i]), and not to forget, WORLD PEACE!! :)

if immortality is naturally given by you, I won't waste my wish on it :)
I'll just add it as "0th" :D

0th - immortality
1st - telepathy [no need to be invisible when you can make people think you're invisible :) among other things...]
2nd - telekinesis
3rd - time travel is so overpowering, so I'll skip that to... I dunno... Flying, without its side effects

3 powers huh?

Ability to end or restore any life, including your own. (restore as in heal, not revive, also including modding yourself)
Ability to foresee future events within a certain scale that doesn't overload your mind
Ability to walk into other dimensions without getting lost or losing yourself (to hide, to relax, to see other events)

Why so? That way you can end immortality if you wish to, and the other two provide me with enough amusement.

Depends on what "kind" of immortality.. if you still age normally, well, then it wouldn't be so nice. Being a 300 years old pile of living bones is not nice.. especially that you know that it won't get any better, or you just lose your mind. If this was the case, I would just want to die at about the age of 70.

If you would stop getting older at the age of 30 or something like that, I would wish to be able to talk with animals (because I love them) and to travel in time, so I can see the past. As a third ability, I would like to be able to "possess" others. I would know the victim's thoughts and see what he sees, but I wouldn't be able to influence his behaviour and he wouldn't know about my presence.

[quote name='Malaikat Maut' date='11 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1263220080' post='52504']
I think immortality would be a curse. It's something my character wrestles with a great deal, and Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen is an excellent example of how or what you would become if granted immortality.
[/quote]
I second that; mortality is very important to my character too.

However, if I had to make up powers, I'd go for:
1. excellent health; no fun in having a headache that lasts a century
2. to always stay true to myself; call it 'iron will' if you must
3. never be bored!

My superpowers:

1. Invincibility (that is an honest to god Super power.:blink:)
2. Super Strength
3. Super Speed

I would find superman and kill him and become resident bad *** in the world. :D Then I would take it upon myself to do the extreme (Kidnap the president for kicks, roundhouse kick Chuck Norris, kick George Bush in the gonads... the list goes on.)

[quote name='Asterdai' date='10 January 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1263164874' post='52466']
Ok lets say we were all in a world where you were immortal

(yes MD :P for the sake of argument whether in MD you are or not just say imaginary one)

what would this mean, what would you do, who woul you be, rich..famous..fly like an eagle, victorian explorer, astronaut, x-ray vision,

what 3 superhero "powers" or traits would you like to, and what would you be, ( EDIT :AND WHY :P)

how would it affect you, knowing you alone couldnt die?
what would it be like if everyone couldnt die... is this whats heavens like :P (Md like heaven? lol im not sure if thats a good thing!)

id be honest, very honest :P and cheeky i reckon, not care maybe so much about things,
[/quote]

If i wanted to be something it would be me without my "shackles",able to be free to choose what "shackles" would tie me down,neither rich or poor if by choosing that someone would be eating eggs with truffles or eating from the garbage.

I would want shared empath,that would be my only selfish wish,make people see through my point of view and everybody PoV's, allowing them too see that to a teenager a little pimple could be the worst thing to happen in the same degree as the pain from a new mother losing her baby to a disease and not make fun of them. Let them see a drop of water from the rain be refreshing for you and everything around you and at the same time destroying someone elses home and drowning people.

I would wish for no immortality neither invulnerability, i see soo much beautiful out there in death and life that i cannot deny any of them,i wanna see the leaves of the Fall on ground giving a golden color to the streets and the yellow flowers blooming in spring.
Want see my parents funeral and tell them goodbye as i see their grand-sons around their grave and know,for certain, that a tear will drop but not out of sadness,cause i finally understood whats life and death, but happyness cause one more time they were reuniting the family,brothers and sisters,grand-daughters and sons,cousins.

The beauty in the rose isnt at her color or perfum but by her fragility and how she struggles to survive, slowly ascending to the sky with the help of other plants and with the always attack of animals and diseases ultimately blooming into what some call, the two most know and depict roses, Snow Queen(white) and Night Prince(red rose)

1) I would like to be able to manipulate "matter", that would give me the ability to control just about anything.
2) to show the past to others by taking them there in spirit
3) to give immortality and 2 abilities to 2 people at the cost of my own and they would be able to give their immortality and abilities to two people at the cost of their own and so on.

I would not wish to be immortal. To live a long time and see the people around you die off one by one. It would be hard to make any friends after that knowing that you would out live them and probably attend their funeral. You would see what happened to everything that the people you loved stood for. Like their house getting torn down after you remember all the memories that that house stood for. Organizations that your family was apart of, the organizations may still stand but sooner or later the people working there will be forgotten with time So two of the above would help with these things. Showing the past so that people's lives would not be forgotten and ending my own immortality by bestowing it upon others. But by doing that they could help (or hurt) people until they get tired of being immortal. Also with time there would be many immortals and people of the future would no longer be lonely but their children would not inherit the abilities and immortality so eventually they would have to pass on their abilities if they had children and wanted them to continue on.

[quote name='Assira the Black' date='13 January 2010 - 06:54 AM' timestamp='1263362074' post='52624']
1) I would like to be able to manipulate "matter", that would give me the ability to control just about anything.
2) to show the past to others by taking them there in spirit
3) to give immortality and 2 abilities to 2 people at the cost of my own and they would be able to give their immortality and abilities to two people at the cost of their own and so on.

I would not wish to be immortal. To live a long time and see the people around you die off one by one. It would be hard to make any friends after that knowing that you would out live them and probably attend their funeral. You would see what happened to everything that the people you loved stood for. Like their house getting torn down after you remember all the memories that that house stood for. Organizations that your family was apart of, the organizations may still stand but sooner or later the people working there will be forgotten with time So two of the above would help with these things. Showing the past so that people's lives would not be forgotten and ending my own immortality by bestowing it upon others. But by doing that they could help (or hurt) people until they get tired of being immortal. Also with time there would be many immortals and people of the future would no longer be lonely but their children would not inherit the abilities and immortality so eventually they would have to pass on their abilities if they had children and wanted them to continue on.
[/quote]

your first is soooo overpowering, not fair :D you just disqualified number of power categories :D
your third is soooo abusive, whole world could get immortal (assuming someone can give you immortality back? :P Mur would ban them all, it's like trading WPs :D)

about those seeing friends dieing... you will gain new friends in time, life moves on (it happens when you're mortal too, so whats the difference?)

valar morghulis - all people must die (except those we mentioned are immortal)

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

Hm, imortality...

The first thing that I would want, would be being the only one able to decide who can be imortal and who not. As to why, thats preaty easy. You walk around, meet some people that you like and bestove imortality. You have fun and so on, get bored of them or whatewer and "poof" they are back to mortal. The second good part of it would be, that with such power the one that holds it could become mortal also if or when geting bored of it.

The second thing that I would wish, would be that I wouldnt have mortal needs (like being hungry, thirsty, cold, need air to breath and so on). As to why... well, who the heck wants to live for ever and be hungry and all those things all the time? Not to mention that air runs out or gets unbreathable... well, I would want to be suffocating all ethernity.

The third thing... hm... well, thats easy, I would want more than just 3 things to choose from, as to why, it is quite obvious, because of no limit to what would one be able to do and so on. But in case that that would not be posibility then I would wish, that I could "travel" anywhere that I would want, may it be into the deepest sea or to other galaxy or true the time.

But I wouldnt want to be immortal anyhow. I would get bored sooner or later as eventualy there would be nothing else to see, learn etc.

[quote name='Rhaegar Targaryen' date='13 January 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1263386792' post='52644']
Lady Dawn, there's ALWAYS something to learn :)
[/quote]

True, but only for a mortal one. As imortal one would have all the time to learn and discover and at some point you would be bound to come to its end. Not in couple of years, but in centruries upon centruries.... :blink:

truly immortal coulden't exist, the idea of immortal is that you're not 'flowing, .. as everything is, but there can always be something that 'makes, you flow.., and that means you will me mortal again:P

but what I would do.., first spend a lifetime with my girl, and after she dies(or can she be immortal to?:D) I would train myself for several centuaries, in all sorts of fighting, guns swords speers and offcourse karate etc, and learn every language existing, and all other things..,

oowh abd before I forget: put 100$ on my bank account, and pick it up again afther 3000 have passed:P