Test Items

Fenrir Greycloth

The test items Mur has released via the Wasps Totem are not for you to keep! Use them a few times, test them out, and return them!

I do not know why Mur is releasing things via first come first serve basis. Items are not being returned. People keep them for themselves. I even tracked down a few of the people with the items, and you know what? They are MP3s. MP3s shouldn't even be in Loreroot, and that makes me think that they are alts of people who do not want to be seen hoarding these test items. Just shows how selfish and greedy people are.

Please return the items before you log out. You don't need them 24/7. You can't even use them that often. ;)

Look, I saw 1 item returned to the totem, the Token of Promise.
I took it, tested it, and 10 minutes later it was back where I got it.

I cant believe people are soo selfish to just keep them!

Fenrir is totally right, let others have fun with it too, since when you dont use them, they cant bring you fun, do they?
When I got my share of it, I left it for others to play with.

I was hoping MD would stay a place of joy, and fun, with awesome people ..
Yet its becoming the opposite.

And it is very, very sad...

and again, only those who play 24/7 can do nice things with them?
almsot all interesting things are randomly distributed amongst online players already, and i don't mind that, but if temporary items were given to people with a timer, that would destroy the point for the people who log in regularly, but not for long at a time... how are they supposed to do something good with an item that vanishes while they are asleep/at work/in RL?

If it takes you more than an hour to 'do something good' and return the items, I don't think that fits the idea of testing.
Marvolo proved that you can test an item in 10 minutes. If you are trying to get the maximum benefit from your trial run, which I doubt to be large, or are trying to do perfect roleplay with them, then I can see it requiring more time. Yet in both cases I think your goals are wrong; the items are there for display, so that people can get an idea of what is possible and how much silver they'd estimate their worth.

And for running out of heath, is it not possible to give the item to someone else who is better at cubal warming once you are in the cold?

[quote name='Burns' date='12 February 2010 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1265959382' post='54333']
and again, only those who play 24/7 can do nice things with them?
almsot all interesting things are randomly distributed amongst online players already, and i don't mind that, but if temporary items were given to people with a timer, that would destroy the point for the people who log in regularly, but not for long at a time... how are they supposed to do something good with an item that vanishes while they are asleep/at work/in RL?
[/quote]
because the player that GIVES YOU lets say, the healing rod, that mur tested not long ago, you coould set the timer for a WEEK, just type in the req ammount of minutes/hours/whatever

if you get the item from an RPC Q, lets say...
you uncover an ridle--->solve it--->grab the left--->its in ur inventory for 30 mins, you have to give it to a Q creator to compleate (there will be a POPUP whidow that warns you about this, that you have only 30 mins to give this item to mr. XXXXXXX and then it returns here back)

simple and effective.

if you dont play MD 24/7 like all the fanatics, you would like to get the item for a longer periord

you call that effective?
what if i told you that a week is more than enough time to toy with it, find a trustworthy friend, trade it back and forth and have regenerated 7 days?

and that a 30 minutes timer, even with popup and whatnot, implies that the quest-setter has to be online all day long at least every 20 minutes, lest he wants his quest-reward to be for nothing? Not all quest-creators work together, you know...
There is absolutely nothing to be gained with a timer, it's either too short to work in a normal setting, or long enough to open the gates to all kinds of abuses... D'you think a timer of ten hours would stop me from holding to an item as long as i wish?
Or do you think anybody would waste a second thought about an item that vanishes after an hour?

No matter how you try to do it, timers are so very easily abused that it almost hurts...

the only realistic option for MD, which exactly doesn't require permanent activity, is to have the items return after being used up, just liek Mur made it...

You can try all kinds of weird stuff, like not allowing them to grab the item again for as long as they held it or disabling their ability to take more useable items when they already have two or three, but that won't stop anybody from holding to them with alts, either LOL