A Market With A Real Location

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A market with a real location

Posting offers at the forum and just waiting how it goes can be somehow appealing for people, especially because most of MD community have different time zones and cannot see each other as often ingame.

Although [b]shouldn’t the market be on MD?[/b] I mean, shouldn’t be like a real location?
I have spoke with some people about this subject, and it is not such difficult to make a location with some sort of interactive blackboard.

Creatures, items, jobs, info trading migh be something we should be discussing ingame, instead of the forum.

I consider this something that could be enriching community public spaces for MD, I hope you can give me your opinions in this matter.

Thank you
K

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

I think the greatest improvement would be if bids that did not win, remain remain visible for other possible vendors to act upon. This would save time both for buyers and sellers. Of course it should be with a checkbox so that those who don't want this feature don't need to use it. It would also be best if bids expired after a set time, eg. a week. That would prevent clutter to some degree.

Thank you for the sugestions :D
@ Tarquinus
I haven't thought about the location yet, but outside Willow´s Shop seams ok.
I believe we should consider a big/open space, after all it will be MD´s Central Market.

@ Kafuuka
I agree, bids should be a week fresh. I hope the blackboard system wont be so hard to manage.

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

was surprised to see this post. Haven't seen you around at all much latly Kriskah. You have always been the true example that all merchants should go by. Have you come back to MD? I hope so because this economy could direly use your talents agian

If I were to chose a location in No Man's land then I would say Fortune's Well. A merchant usually resides at a source of water with his/her carriage. It does say that it is the Well of Stories, but since it hasn't been used it could replace it and give it a new meaning. And it is a rather popular place. All those who get out from Marind Bell and head to Loreroot pass by the well and vise versa for Lorerootians to get to Marind Bell. Or even just random people whose way include the well in between.

Just a thought here.

Reason for edit: Wrong scene.

Edited by DarkPriestess

@ Orlando and DarkPriestess
I like the idea of a No Mans Land location for the Central Market, it will remind the No Mans Land Caravan, our first market experience(btw I personally feel NML has been a bit neglected, so for me it fits quite well)
Well of tears sound good, perhaps we could vote later on.

@ phantasm
Thank you :) but I dont think I have a talent for it... just do it for the fun :D

I think the hole concept can be a bit more complex then just a blackboard with a list of items, creats and bids... hmm a bit more like a window shoping thingy, anyhow I will talk to people who knows about these type of things before I make my sugestions about this matter.

Regards,
K

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu
spelling issues

Fortune's Well. Well of Tears is Necrovion's mirror of it.

Good location. The rhyme even mentions a coin.

Whisper Alley was once used for storytelling, so Fortune's Well activities can move there.

The other major location option is the Press, for a sanctuary area.

Edited by apophys

Before reading: Im not saying we cannot use a place it already exists on MD, there are many places that could be used the same way. Im just using this image as an example on how the md market could look like, so it can be easy to shop and also attractive to visit

Please notice It’s just an idea. Im sure there are plenty of elements Im missing

You might visit the location and just start clicking on different doors/stands. Each one could have different shopping options: raw materials, unique items, creatures, drawings, services, special offers etc, each click might open a different blackboard.

The location can also have a central building to click on to find out about live auctions squedules…

The main idea is to people to meet there, discuss offers and prices and bring back the market to the game it self.

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

I like the idea, though I am no trader myself. Fortune's well sounds good also. That big square somewhere deeper inside the Tribunal, before the temple might also fit the theme, but it might be a bit too far away from civilisation.

I guess if you look closer to some locations from Lands of the East you could actually find some good locations for a market. Your image fits some of those locations.
Lands of the east are made in a much social way... plus, they are not all released.

Also, I think you all should fill what we have atm, which is way enough for the amount of population and social activities and after that come with suggestion of 'we need more'.

Thank you Akasha
Perhaps Jesters Streets in Lands o East can be fitted to be a market. My only concern, -I agree with Shantu- is people. From what I've seen MD people dont like to travel so much. Half of them are at GGG all the time.
Anyhow, when this location is completed they will need to go there to shop, there will be no more forum space for trading, I mean, thats the whole point of this discussion. To put MD market where it belongs.

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

[quote name='Kriskah Arcanu' date='26 February 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1267219127' post='55347']
Thank you Akasha
Perhaps Jesters Streets in Lands o East can be fitted to be a market. My only concern, -I agree with Shantu- is people. From what I've seen MD people dont like to travel so much. Half of them are at GGG all the time.
Anyhow, when this location is completed they will need to go there to shop, there will be no more forum space for trading, I mean, thats the whole point of this discussion. To put MD market where it belongs.
[/quote]

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Kriskah Arcanu' date='26 February 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1267221577' post='55350']
"Lands of the east are made in a much social way" ...

After Jester's response I must say that it doesnt look that way at all.
[/quote]

The Lands of the East aren't only made up of screens with my name in them, pick another one.

[quote name='Jester' date='26 February 2010 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1267222124' post='55351']
The Lands of the East aren't only made up of screens with my name in them, pick another one.
[/quote]

First of all I am not picking a place for the market. After all I believe it is not something I am able to do on my own. Like i said I'm only presenting an idea.
I only mentioned that place because of what Akasha said. If it was up to me, I wouldnt go so far from NML
I am not interested in discussing this matter further more. I believe i presented this idea clearly enough, hopely it wont cause any more misunderstanding.

Edited by Kriskah Arcanu

That's a very good idea Awii.

You can't remove the market section from the forum; it is part of the market and you can't have those auctions in the place you will chose.
Indeed, having a day for traders with music, dancing and all sort of things is nice.
If it will be in NML you will stay in the way of some non-traders ppl or it will be too common.
Who is lazy to come to the traders day, will loose the tradings..i say that they will come.

Jester streets..are the streets of Jester, i guess you should choose a/some streets that do not have a personal connection with someone, or else you may end up paying tax for that day.

and again, no rush in this, and those lands have more to come.

• 8 months later...

Rather than a a new scene or the use of an old one. Why not add some stalls to the scene Plains of Deciet (1_3x1_1). The name would fit this because someone could easilly get scammed in the hussle and busstle of a market. Altough I believe this wont happen (as much) in the MD market. This would be a short detour from people going to or from Marind Bell and is in the direct route of people travelling to or from the Tribunal.