Avy Uploading Problems

BFH

I have an avy ready to be uploaded. The avy has the size Mur ask and the color
Mur ask, but the fact is that when I try to Upload the avy it says that the file
size is too large.

How can I upload it?
There is another way of uploading an avy?

Thanks for the help :P

BTW: My File size is 25 kb

PROB #1 Fixed (After posting the prob, Mur put an announcement saying that the
maximun size of the avy should be 20 kb)

But another Problem gets up :)

It says that it doesn't accept that type of images

PROB #2 Fixed (Thanks to all of your helps)

[font="Arial Black"][size="5"]ANOTHER PROB:

I can't use the other 2 options in avy upload:

I'm bugged?

The features aren't finished?
[/size][/font]

BTW: I had buy the avy feature from shop
[attachment=1574:prob 2.png]

Edited by bfh lighthing

To get the right size for sure, you can use "resize" function in something like photoshop and tell it 100 x 160 pixels, and use limited grayscale color to reduce info content, then save as a GIF file.

My problem is using PAINT program, I am making what appears to be transparent - it cuts and pastes transparent - but once uploaded, it is rejected as NOT transparent. I am told we need something like FireWork for this step.

I was told to check out this link for free demo trial, but havn't yet -- http://www.learnwebdesignonline.com/ fireworks-tutorials/ export-gif-png.htm.

[Edit - link won't copy right, so I broke it up..... copy & paste, rather than click on it.]

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

lower the dpi of the image, if you used something like photoshop it only changed the dpi of the image, not any of the data, my advice, take a screenshot of it on a white background, which you can then render transparent, and that should effectively reduce the dpi...

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' date='22 April 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1271894445' post='58375']
To get the right size for sure, you can use "resize" function in something like photoshop and tell it 100 x 160 pixels, and use limited grayscale color to reduce info content, then save as a GIF file.

My problem is using PAINT program, I am making what appears to be transparent - it cuts and pastes transparent - but once uploaded, it is rejected as NOT transparent. I am told we need something like FireWork for this step.

I was told to check out this link for free demo trial, but havn't yet -- http://www.learnwebdesignonline.com/fireworks-tutorials/export-gif-png.htm.
[/quote]

I ACTUALLY SELECT THE CORRECT SIZE: 100* 160

BUT IT DOESN'T ALLOW UPLOAD THE FILE IT SAYS THE FILE IS TOO BIG

I think I can help you with the transparency.

I use a program called Print artist

Edited by bfh lighthing

[quote name='bfh lighthing' date='21 April 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1271897404' post='58381']
I ACTUALLY SELECT THE CORRECT SIZE: 100* 160

BUT IT DOESN'T ALLOW UPLOAD THE FILE IT SAYS THE FILE IS TOO BIG

I think I can help you with the transparency.

I use a program called Print artist
[/quote]

Um did you notice the big server not found icon in the triggers box that might be important.

That would just be like that cos it reloads quite often, if he couldnt connect to the server when trying to upload the image then the main page would look like the triggers box. So no, the big server not found bit in the triggers box isnt important :)

If the file is under 20kb, has the right size and is in gif format (as well as a transparent backing) i dont know what'd be wrong with it

[quote name='Rendril' date='22 April 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1271939588' post='58409']
Avatar images must be gif, item images are png.

Remember to open the sample image in your image editor to see what transparency is used.
[/quote]

Now I see the prob. It was the file type was png. I have change it to gif, but gif means a mega quality loose. So anyone have an idea of how to change my file type to gif without changing the quality?

OK ok pleple

First i suggest you all take a look at this program
it is FREE and very easy to use and does all the formats needed

The program is called GIMP you can download it from [url="http://www.gimp.org/"]here[/url]
i used it for all edditing of images and it seems good at keeping the quality that people want.

Open any .png files and resave them to .gif and GIMP should keep the quality level too

If any one needs there images edited in a transparent .png or . gif give me a shout at the weekend

Have fun all
Yrth

Yep, GIMP is the top quality tool you use when you need a free editor for pics...

Issue is, not everyone can use it well. I can't get the background color right for example if I were to use GIMP...I still have other tools though, so I'm fine.

GIMP has the call for being good, but also one to be complicated at times.

Thanks to all your help guys, I upload my first 2 avys and they are waiting for approval.

Thank You All :))

ANOTHER PROB:
I only can click in one option

Edited by bfh lighthing

GIMP is a lifesaver. Thanks for the link, Yrthilian. :D

Maybe this'll help other first-timers unfamiliar with the processes:

I scanned it in grayscale, fiddled with contrast and brightness until the background was pure white, set transparency, resized and cropped to 100*160, then tinted the whole thing with the correct color.

EDIT: It was rejected as not transparent...

Edited by apophys

• Root Admin

no gold avies for now, i need to establish rules for having such avies or everybody will do just gold. Never colored avies, i keep color for illusion avies or special characters. Avatars mush be Grayscale, not even sepia. Please keep the current md style regarding colors.