Head Contest Rules And Quirks

Fyrd Argentus

These "concerns" should all lead to constructive suggests. My first two:

1)Some paid wp for xp cap or ve change, and get to use those in HC. I bought a spell, but can't use it. Spells should be allowed.

2)Definition of victorious has some oddiities around life steal. You are victorious if you lose more than 10%, or gain between 1 and 10%. Not if you gain more than 10%, or lose between 1-10%. I'm sure there has to be some rationale for this discontinuity, but it's sure not obvious. Clean it up?

1. bad luck. Spells are very handy for a lot of things, but make all strategy in a contest invalid.
just one example: guardian army of an mp5.

2. getting a victory is not supposed to be easy, if it was, we'd call it simple win.
Learn how to turn any win into a victory, and you'll get all the heads you want.

I know, come on. HC is supposed to be unfair. But it far fairer than anyone can believe.

For instance,

I won my HC. But the first place went to Raven, someone who has won HC MANY times just so that he can take first place away from the rightful owner. Was that fair? No. Do I still want to pull his feathers out for it? Yes. Yes I do.

It isn't about Mur letting you win, its about you taking it.

• Root Admin

Come on Fyrd, Its not as if anyone is challenging you to not place. you will easily place because there is NO-ONE else who is actually competing with you. Your biggest problem is people how cant get it again because they have got it before, they cant even gain heads by attacking!

If you want to place in the HC, you dont even need to try very much.

I'm not worried about me. I genuinely think banning spells dilutes the value of wp's, and takes the magic out of "magic duel", and the calculation of "victorious" seems like a bug (math artifact of negative numbers) that begs to be fixed.

Another item - defender should get notice of heads changing hands, just like attacker gets. Also, if attacker LOSES heads, this should be subject of a notice.

Edited by dst

seems like you have a lot of complaints about a lot of things fryd, but not many things positive to say. This game has been in play long before you came along. While constructive criticism is one thing, seeing multiple posts in a short period of time whining about every little details of the game will find you not where you want to be. I suggest you give the game a bit more time before you start saying everything is wrong.