Cats Or Dogs?

Windy

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Though I do love both animals, cats are my favorite. They are soft and cuddly and so darn cute! I have a picture of my cat Kenji on my photo album. Please bring your pets to your album so we can share our loves![img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif[/img]

[color=purple]Made into a poll :) - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido

It depends on the needs.
I like cats in my attic and cellar because they catch mice, but i prefer dogs in the yard because they keep strangers and salesmen away.

I also prefer dogs when there are too many cats around the attic and cellar...

Apart from that, dogs are more fun to play with, but cats don't smell and they are smarter, i'd prefer a cat as pet =)

[quote name='Burns' date='23 May 2010 - 08:45 AM' timestamp='1274622359' post='60254']
It depends on the needs.
I like cats in my attic and cellar because they catch mice, but i prefer dogs in the yard because they keep strangers and salesmen away.

I also prefer dogs when there are too many cats around the attic and cellar...

Apart from that, dogs are more fun to play with, but cats don't smell and they are smarter, i'd prefer a cat as pet =)
[/quote]

Cats don't smell that is true, but the litter box? OMG! Whew!!! My cat sometimes does her thing outside the box and I can't understand why. It gets clean everyday!

litter... box...?
You mean, you take an animal and imprison it in a house?
Yuck! Shame on you!

Cats and dogs need trees and grass and sand and everything, if you force them to live on hard ground and sofas, they are not cats anymore... then they're moving teddy bears at best, just sleeping, eating, and occassionally purring when you scratch their ears -.-

Dogs!

They're bigger, can beat the crap out of cats, and sits when you tell them to.
And they don't trigger asthma.

Plus, for some reason, my dogs know how to hunt rats, so I oculdn't ask for more.. -_-

[quote name='Burns' date='24 May 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1274628335' post='60262']
litter... box...?
Yuck! Shame on you!

Cats and dogs need trees and grass and sand and everything, if you force them to live on hard ground and sofas, they are not cats anymore... then they're moving teddy bears at best, just sleeping, eating, and occassionally purring when you scratch their ears -.-
[/quote]

I agree. But some people don't have backyards, you know..:)

I like both cats and dogs.
Although cats make great pillows, I must say I prefer dogs, best explained below:

A dog will think:
"Wow, these people feed me, love me and take care of me, they must be gods!"

Whereas a cat will think:
"Wow, these people feed me, love me and take care of me, I must be a god!"

DOGS! anyday... they are loyal, adorable, cuddly and sooooo expressive... you could just look into those large, brown, innocent eyes and not let go of them... erm.. here's a link to my dog's pic. He's probably the most adorable creature in the whole world...:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/ysnigdha/ginger.jpg

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]Dogs beyond a doubt. Dogs are a good defense because even the most lovable can intimidate. Dogs don't act like they're better than everybody else. [/font][/color]

i have 2 cats well 1 now cause the other dissappeared from the face of the world (dont know what happened to her) so id say cats because they re much easier to look after and you dont have to really putm uch time into them

[quote name='redneck' date='23 May 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1274636700' post='60270']
i have 2 cats well 1 now cause the other dissappeared from the face of the world (dont know what happened to her) so id say cats because they re much [b]easier to look after[/b] and you dont have to really putm uch time into them
[/quote]

coming from the man who lost a cat? :)

[quote name='Rendril' date='23 May 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1274629806' post='60264']
I like both cats and dogs.
Although cats make great pillows, I must say I prefer dogs, best explained below:

A dog will think:
"Wow, these people feed me, love me and take care of me, they must be gods!"

Whereas a cat will think:
"Wow, these people feed me, love me and take care of me, I must be a god!"
[/quote]

This is the quote of the year right here.

I like dogs much better. Cats tend to be more sneaky and ya never can tell what they are up to. Most dogs, when trained properly, are the most loving and loyal pets anyone can ask for.

I have a bit of a dislike to cats more over personal experiences then the race themselves. When I was growing up cats used to have litters up in the hay lofts. When we were harvesting hay or straw and stacking it into the lofts, seems like every day i was cleaning dead cat off my shoes. The wife also is allergic to the long-hair cats.

[quote name='Burns' date='23 May 2010 - 10:25 AM' timestamp='1274628335' post='60262']
litter... box...?
Yuck! Shame on you!

[/quote]

She is my baby! Animals have a habit of being run over or disappearing in my town. Kenji is mixed up anyway as she likes to play fetch like dog!

[quote name='dst' date='23 May 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1274645745' post='60283']
Cats FTW!!! Dogs...are too obedient. I want something with personality.
[/quote]
haha obedient try having 6 dogs lol they all have very unique personalities, but I don't mind cats either so long as they stay kittens, once they grow up they just aren't that cute and adorable anymore they tend to want attention and if you don't give it to them they have claws

[quote name='dst' date='23 May 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1274645745' post='60283']
[/quote]

Dog are most definitely NOT "too obedient" and they have very unique personalities and you'd know this if you've had the pleasure of meeting a few at the same time like at a dog park. Including my dog. And er... me :) Obviously i prefer dogs too haha xD
Even though i haven't met many cats, they all seem... whats the word? ._. idk. Though Both animals have different personalities among their own.

[quote name='dst' date='23 May 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1274645745' post='60283']
[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more! Luckily, my cat loves to sit on my hip, lap, or knees. Now that my left leg is lame, she perches on it more than the other. She knows something is wrong. She has sniffed, my walker, my crutches, and my wheel chair and even deems to sit on the wheel chair as well. LOL[img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif[/img]

I do love big dogs though. You can wrestle with them and pin them to the floor. Little dogs irritate me because of their constant yapping. And you can't be too rough with them.