Rejuvenation Of Combat Interface

Rendril

Please post here if you have suggestions or bugs about the new ritual creation interface.
When posting a bug, please include the following:
- Description of the error
- Error code the page gave you (if any)
- The browser you are using
- Browser version
- Error console (only the errors that are applicable to the ritual creation page)

Post only issues that arise from the ritual page, the rest of the combat system is still being enhanced.

Nice new system, but i've just got a Ban warning for setting a Rit

Rit info PMed

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /home/magicdue/public_html/dlg/combatlevel0/inc.load_actions.php on line 56
illegal action reported, keeping on this path will get you banned. #ab0k

I use Mozilla Firefox - V3.6.6

Edited by (Zl-eye-f)-nea

I am not able to place any creatures into a slot

I have clicked the creature and then the slot and I have tried dragging and dropping which also hasn't worked

I use IE 6

Can we get the option to use the old combat interface?

Edit:

Never mind, I downloaded Firefox and I can use the new interface now.

Edited by Atlas

[quote name='Atlas' date='02 July 2010 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1278020996' post='63122']
Can we get the option to use the old combat interface?
[/quote]
While I am very much a fan of the new interface, I think it would be good to have on the options page a "classic" or "Enhanced" ritual styles option, with the new one being the "Enhanced" setting, and the default setting as "Enhanced".

At least until the whole combat system is finished ;)

there is a category of "any creature" of which u can still use 6 in the ritual. that is the santa and unholy pope (i dont have more than 3 of those so i dont know if the ritual will be allowed to enter combat)

also for the imperial aramor it says they belong to aramor category and that 4 can be used. but if u put 4 into the ritual and want to attack it says ritual cant be used because it has more than 3 crits of same type. imperials are awesome! reallow the 4th one please especially if it already says so in the rit selections screen. same goes to archers. i can put 4 heretic archers in my ritual but if i want to attack with it the rit gets removed.

PS: reply to rendrils signature pictures: i gotta try that being real damn angry on a carousel ;)

Edited by Lifeline

Added "choose again" button so you can reselect your creatures and strategies.
Combat limitations now work on species, please check that new rituals created can be used in combat.

@Z: PM me the exact creatures|abilties|targets you set, I think I know what is triggering the warning.

@Atlas: In IE6, on the bottom left of the page it should have a yellow icon, double click it to open error console, if it is there, and send that.

Regarding the "classic" ritual creation, it was considered before the launch but for now won't be enabled. There might be an enhanced legacy interface added later (but shhhh you didn't hear it fro me ;) )

@Lifeline: It is intended to have them allowed up to 6 for now, please check that you can attack with them now that the combat has been updated. Just be careful, the universe might explode.

@CM: with this update the issue should be fixed, see if it continues.

I was trying to attack Avatar Avenger at MDP, he had a series of invalid rituals on defence.

After several attempts to attack him, I received this message:
Warning: require_once(/home/magicdue/public_html//core/class.combat.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/magicdue/public_html/dlg/combatlevel0/liststrategies.php on line 39

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/magicdue/public_html//core/class.combat.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/magicdue/public_html/dlg/combatlevel0/liststrategies.php on line 39

I'm on FF.
Does the Random Defence Ritual follow the new ritual rules?

Before placing a crit, there will be a picture: Slot X Empty. After placing a crit then removing, there will be a `no image` there.
Not really a bug but whatever lol.

So far, I`m really enjoying the new interface :P

@Kyphis: that was just a message because file was missing temporarily. If such an error does not repeat itself don't worry about it.

As the announcements said combat might behave strangely, like with the random ritual creation. Random rituals should not obey the species limitations, please can someone confirm this.

@Lifeline: if at least one of them can be put into a ritual then all of them should be useable.

I attack Blackwood Forest and he appears without creatures, even when I was fighting.
[b]

Warning[/b]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [b]/home/magicdue/public_html/core/class.combat.php[/b] on line [b]729

I have the logs If you need them

Moxilla Firefox 3.6
[/b]

confirmed, there are currently empty rits appearing instead of randoms

update:
[quote]
Too low vitality ritual alert - auto assigning
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/magicdue/public_html/core/class.combat.php on line 729[/quote]

^errormessage at top of combat screen

[quote]FULL LOG:
No one is preparing new random strategy
Load *Burns* creatures
Load No one creatures
Applying 100% of *Burns*'s energetic influence
Applying % of No one's energetic influence
Influences for *Burns*: regenaura, regenaura, regenaura ######
*Burns*'s J.D. cant find any enemy creatures to target, skipping turn

... *Burns* WINS![/quote]

^battle log

Edited by Burns

Player Espertano (MP3) is reporting errors with the combat system

He is using Moxilla Firefox 3.6.6

Warning: require_once(/home/magicdue/public_html//core/class.combat.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/magicdue/public_html/dlg/combatlevel0/liststrategies.php on line 39

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/magicdue/public_html//core/class.combat.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/magicdue/public_html/dlg/combatlevel0/liststrategies.php on line 39

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/magicdue/public_html/core/class.combat.php on line 733

He said this is appearing everytime he battle.

Edit: The creatures he use:

1x Barren,Aramor II,Grasan, Lore Archer, Elemental III, water being

Edited by bfh lighthing

sorry, got things wrong at first...

here's the actual thing: my crits don't regen anymore, which is even worse than what i thought before XD

Edited by Burns

[quote name='Rendril' date='02 July 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1278088174' post='63184']
It is impossible for those two errors to appear together, please have him try again.
[/quote]

He send them by multiple pms, and they are from different fights. I pm him and I'm waiting for him to answer.

[quote name='bfh lighthing' date='02 July 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1278086688' post='63182']
Player Espertano (MP3) is reporting errors with the combat system

He is using Moxilla Firefox 3.6.6

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/magicdue/public_html/core/class.combat.php on line 733

He said this is appearing everytime he battle.

Edit: The creatures he use:

1x Barren,Aramor II,Grasan, Lore Archer, Elemental III, water being
[/quote]
BFH you forgot to say that I was atacking the Dark Slime, with the 1st error; later I goes to willos shop and say: if the Dark Slime was broken, what will happen if I atk the 2nd aramor guardian?
...Like I thinked: they got broken, get the 2nd warning, no fight happen, no xp, but the >>6 ARAMOR<< are out of the door! the 3d warning, like I see was because of atacking idle ppl at MDP, so the random thing was fixed later...

Edited by Espartano

illegal action reported, keeping on this path will get you banned. #sl1m

(said this when trying to bind ritual below while attacking another player in MDP.)

2 barren souls
1 UP
1 dark archer III
1 elemental V
1 grasan II

use Firefox, most recent version.

*i'm MP3

Edited by Mourn the Leper