Item Swapping

Sasha Lilias

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

gathering coins and items from alts and moving them on a main (or backwards) [b]wont be considered alt abuse[/b]. Gaining coins for free and using more accounts to do that , is abuse and will be punished accordingly. At this point there should not be possible to get coins for free, please correct me if i am wrong! At this point, even if it bothers me, keeping alts online to get items when i give them out is not a crime since it is me that is giving the items and not you taking them.

there is no cost for transfering items, and coins are items too. If you aquired then legally , then you can do whatever you want with them. This is so because coins and items do not offer a direct advantage unless you use them wisely. It is not like with creatures for example that can powerup a noob without his merit.

rules regarding items will have to change with the new type of items that will come because then they will be abusable.

Edit by Chewett:

This is an old post and has no relevance now. Please see the following newer announcement:

[b]Ann. 1999 - [2011-08-23 06:25:02 - Stage 11][/b]
No more item transfers between potential alts
Items can no longer be transfered between what MD considers to be "alts". I say it this way because not all accounts restricted by the altchecker are alts, some are different people accessing md from same network, others are accounts "borrowed" for active days keeping to friends (md tags them as alts then) others are not even that. This might be damaging for people that live in same place and can no longer exchange items in md, but the benefits of restricting alts from item/resources transfer are far more important. This should slow down (at least a bit) potential future abuses related to the shared tools acquiring and resource hoarding.

Edited by Chewett

Sasha, 10 alts can get 20 silver in two weeks for the main account by using free credits... It doesnt make any sense. The more the number of alts I have, more amount of Money I'll earn. It'd lead to an economic disaster. 1s will be like worthless. And item transfer? What if I solve the broken pattern gazebo through 'n' number of alts using 'n' number of proxies, get my main account 'n' number of items and sell them? WOW.. Yippee!! :D Not a good idea. Not a good idea at all.

Edited by Esmerelda

Because Sahsa forgot to quote the part that mattered, I will:
[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='01 August 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1280681574' post='64913']At this point there should not be possible to get coins for free, please correct me if i am wrong![/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong but solving the Broken pattern puzzle a 43rd time is free, as well as getting coins with free credits.

[quote name='Kafuuka' date='02 August 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1280685240' post='64922']
Correct me if I'm wrong but solving the Broken pattern puzzle a 43rd time is free, as well as getting coins with free credits.
[/quote]

Would that include restricting the exchange of coins from my alts which I get by selling the inumerable number of shop crits and avatars I can get by the free creds?

Edit: grammar -.-

Edited by Esmerelda

So...if i use an account to do do a few things including aging creatures heavily, and then sell them, i can transfer any coins i gain to my main account, and it ~isnt~ alt abuse?

Same applies for getting payment for tokening creatures? The alt gets 7 creatures, tokens them with gifted money and get coin/items as payment for the service which i'm then allowed to transfer to my main account? And it still isnt alt abuse?

Because if it isnt, i might start up some business...

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='01 August 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1280681574' post='64913']
Gaining coins for free and using more accounts to do that , is abuse and will be punished accordingly.
[/quote]

I think free credits, can be seen as gaining coins for "free". So as thus alt abuse. But selling crits /items to get coins, can be traded then?

• 1 year later...
  • Root Admin

This topic is ancient and locked, however i want to post a reply to clear up some things that i initially missed to reply to:

[quote]How come Transfering high powered crits to alts or vice versa is different from transfering coins to buy high powered crits? [/quote]

you can train creatures better on a powerful main then use them to boost up a new created alt account. Coins have same value regardless if they are on a main or an alt. Converting coins into valuable goods requires interaction, you will buy the creatures as the alt account, meaning you will play that account. In my view that is acceptable compromise to allow multiple accounts.

[quote]Fine, now im going to transfere all my coins gained via FREE CREDITS to my main[/quote]

You WORKED all the same for the free credits on your alt as you would have on your main account, they are equally hard to gain. Having a 2000 days account with ultra powers wont change anything about how you click the freecredits links. Free credits links are the price paid to get that credit so once you get that credit from free credits it is equal to buying credits with cash. In fact, i am not storing spent "free credits" separately in the db from spent "paid credits". They are the same once you fulfill the minimum requirement to transfer them. no abuse involved.

The "danger" you are probably thinking at is that someone/all will start raising alts and flood the freecredits page with invalid votes that will eventually turn into silver for them. My ONLY reply to this real threat is that the activity generated by those alts both on md and on the outside toplists is an acceptable price to "pay" for md in the situation where md is slwoly dieing if you look at the activity. There are ways i will limit alts when the situation will require it, for now, as i predicted one year ago, the "coins are ok to trade" rule is "safe"

Maybe i am not to clear to you all, maybe you stopped trusting my judgement, i dont know what happens. Maybe i was away a long time with personal issues but i still believe i can forsee the impact of a rule or change and not only anticipate its outcome but actually use it. After a year of this topic..where is the tragedy? where are the swarms of players that float in free silver as you thought will be?

:(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

New rules regarding this topic:

[b]Ann. 1999 - [2011-08-23 06:25:02 - Stage 11][/b]
No more item transfers between potential alts
Items can no longer be transfered between what MD considers to be "alts". I say it this way because not all accounts restricted by the altchecker are alts, some are different people accessing md from same network, others are accounts "borrowed" for active days keeping to friends (md tags them as alts then) others are not even that. This might be damaging for people that live in same place and can no longer exchange items in md, but the benefits of restricting alts from item/resources transfer are far more important. This should slow down (at least a bit) potential future abuses related to the shared tools acquiring and resource hoarding.