Fair Fight Mode

Mr Mystery

Well, i just been thinking about some modes about the fighting system, and well i taught up of an idea. Now a Fair fight system.
What this does, is allows players to not use tokens abilities even at 0% pray power. Basically what it does, is makes an option in the battle ritual page that says Disable Tokens.

What this would do is disable all tokens on any creatures in that specific ritual. What i think this would allow more stratigic fights, in case one would want to test a creature ritual at 0% pray power with no token abilities/stats.

This would also allow people whos crits are tokened, and to be used for a fight-related quest.

Now i would like to know your opinions on this suggestion, any cons and such.

edit1: This might be a wrong place to post :/... please move this to the right place if its wrong.

Edited by Mr Mystery

Wonderful idea for contests and such.

Have you read the "Fair Fight Zone" sign outside Sage's Keep? I have been promoting the concept in various machiavellian ways for some time. Tokens was a real sore point in getting people to understand how to "value" a ritual. If you set no tokens and zero slider, the game becomes quite simple and fun.

I think that it is a great idea to start with :) but....I am sure will have people that with abuse this rule, just as they did at the GGG. To have a "fair fight" then both opponents would have to choose the option "no tokens" which, I think, that alot of people will use to gain easy wins from unsuspecting victims.
Apart from that :D Loving the idea.

the only way to make this fair is to make some specific locations that have this ... feature.
Don't spread them all over MD, just in the center somewhere between GoE and Willow's Shop. It can be really useful for some competitions.

If this was going to be Hard Coded into locations, I'd suggest every location that was directly adjacent to a sanctuary.

However, I suspect it would be far easier to simply add an option at ritual creation to have tokens on or off, with the default setting as on (for random rituals).
While for the most part most people wouldn't use it (who wants to be weaker?) people like myself, who dislike tokens, and anyone wishing to participate in a Strategy based Tournament (rather than a Strength based one) would still use this a lot. I think that if this was available, there would be a lot more combat based quests.

Another option is to have an honour/Experience reward for fighting without tokens, based on the number of tokens that would have been used where they not disabled.

Since you can have almost 150 tokens in a ritual, I would suggest having the first 12 tokens have no bonus, and every token excluded after that have a 1/4% experience increase (it will cap at about +33%, if not exactly that), and an honour increase of 3 (capping at 396, currently).
I think that that sort of incentive would encourage most players to not only disable them, but also get them.

This way having tokens will be like using a burst: useful when you Really want to win, but otherwise making training easier.

Putting it by default in front of all sanctuaries would lead to abuses. It should be in central location so that would be either organized (for competitions / teaching / learning) or casual (passing through)

At Kyphis: "making training easier" was never the point of this game.

How you abuse it (if it's tied to location then somewhat yes)? I mean if there would be checkbox "no tokens" on rit creation then it's up to trust not abuse. Someone says that they have no tokens but lies i get burned once and wont believe next time..

And eventually there will be an inner circle of trust among people, that is if there is a checkbox in the rit creation page. But if its location wise, i would assume that location, will apply to all automatically. What would also be applied to that location is 0% pray power automatically also?.

[quote name='Mr Mystery' date='24 July 2010 - 05:44 AM' timestamp='1279910652' post='64444']
And eventually there will be an inner circle of trust among people, that is if there is a checkbox in the rit creation page. But if its location wise, i would assume that location, will apply to all automatically. What would also be applied to that location is 0% pray power automatically also?.
[/quote]
If it was tied to a location, there would be no need to automatically set the prayer power, it would just be fighting as if tokens where never introduced.

Also, I fail to see how having it tied to a location is abusable, since it would also applied to the person attacking as well as the one defending. If you are willing to enlighten me on this matter, No One, please PM me (since posting any such possible abuse would almost certainly be a spoiler)

@Kyphis:
Hmm, lets say that during the TC / HC, those specific places (just next to sanctuaries) are very important.

As for abuses ... lets say that those requirements stated in this topic correspond very much with what GGG was all about. Enforcing them (making them legal) on many locations, including hidden ones, will lead to new ggg like enforced grounds.

What I said is to place them in common center locations like no man's land & marind area close to the gate. This way, it can be use by everybody with whatever reason without any other restrictive rules.

Just like "no fighting day" it is a good thing if used with moderation. :blink:

Have fun.

[quote name='No one' date='26 July 2010 - 07:59 PM' timestamp='1280134747' post='64636']
@Kyphis:
Hmm, lets say that during the TC / HC, those specific places (just next to sanctuaries) are very important.
[/quote]
Ah, I had forgotten those contests... Thankyou for reminding me :blink: