Idea For Resource-Based Guild

I don't know whether the new Resource-Based Guilds have all been decided upon, but if they have not, I would like to offer up an idea.

It is my understanding that the guilds will be, in a way, hierarchical.
For example:

1. Primary (wood cutter, ore minor)
2. Secondary (carpenter, smelter)
3. Tertiary (wooden handle, metal blade)

I thought it would be interesting to have a [b]Farmer/Gardener[/b] (primary), [b]Herbalist/Apothecary[/b] (secondary), [b]Drugs/Poisons/Elixirs[/b] (tertiary).

Considering the resources available to us in MD, the Gardeners could tend (or receive items in relation to) [b]animals, herbs/plants, minerals, shells, fungus and even bees[/b]. They could be recruited to create totems, which could have healing properties but also a symbolic and spiritual significance, as well as the drugs, poisons, elixirs, etc.

The Lands of the East, in my opinion, could be a great place to house this Guild. ([i][size="1"]Again, these are just my thoughts and suggestions, I'm [b]not[/b] suggesting that I know what is best for any land or group.[/size][/i]) They have [b]trees and gardens and fields for planting, a kitchen for mixing as well as a pub for dispensing. [/b]

Also, the temple is a source of healing (ancient cultures used "sleep temples" to induce trances and meditation, or to present sacrifices and fasting for healing and purification.)

I think it is an idea that could lead to revenue and increased interest and roles in lands and individuals.

I'm sure there are those of you who know much more about this subject than I do, and I would love to hear your constructive criticism. :P

P.S. At this time, I have no interest in being in charge of something like this, but the idea is intriguing to me, nonetheless.

I think this would be a wonderful development, however the staffing requirements are fast outstripping available players. I would suggest that all these things be a "seondary" guild alliance function that can be done in parallel with primary alliance membership.

In response to announcements, I made inquiry about my "bottle of vinegar" being a food processing item (pickling). Here is the correspondence:

Original message:
This item is useful in preserving perishable food. I.e., it could be a tool used for gathering foodstuffs, if such exist. I have role-played making pickles (for my quest awards) from vegetables picked behind the hut north of Wind's, and of course the Tribunal garden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*sent 18 hours and 6 minutes ago Read later

RE:Bottle of Vinegar
yes it can become usable under the new features. wait please for the cooking guild or anything that will be similar. Once that is in place your item might be actually used in a salad or to create pickles if you provide the vegetables. (remind me then)

Kets, you could always sell them to whatever land needed them, in effect, cornering the market and creating some supply and demand tension.

Oooh, Curry, that's a cool idea. Then there could be highwaymen and pirates and...ok, ok, I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I do think that there are lots of ancillary ideas that could come from having goods.

Yeah! And I do believe it would tie in nicely with the... Pirate guild that Amoran is part of. :3 Gives them something to do.

The items could be sold in market, and have certain effects to the people, like ordinary food could heal, or, could be done for something with the creatures you can hatch from eggs. For quests, certain things could have to be built in order to advance, and such like that.

But, I do believe that this is getting a bit off topic on my part.

I have to say that this suggestion is very similar (in parts scarily the same) to the plan I have already sent to Mur and was working on. I am also getting ideas send to me from a number of people.

Perhaps you'd like to speak to me about it too, Pample :P

[quote][2010-08-02 22:43:27 - Stage 10]
A new type of items will be seen in the realm in the next days. "consumable" items such as candies will be given out for testing, feel free to do whatever you liek with them and discuss possible use of such items. Right now they give a "sugarlevel" skill just for the test but they could do anything almost. DO NOT TRADE CONSUMABLE ITEMS YET, they are out just for testing and i will remove them later, or do unwanted changes to them. Consumable items will vanish when used. They will also appear different in the inventory. Item creating items are also out for testing, this time a candy box that is giving candies, but more to come. Once the features will be ready, enhanced items will be given out for good to players that deserve them. Ailith is helping me plan their names and usage so talk to her if you have ideas that could be used.[/quote]

I'm not too sure on how good people are at basic logic, but this more or less all ties in together. I am rather surprised that A vet like Pamplemousse would be taking such a route rather than contact the person(s) who have actually been working in regards to this ([u]Yes to spell it out:[/u] Item usage and resource guilds are tied in together!) [b][i]*GASP*[/i][/b]

Maybe I am looking too deeply into this but to me this just seems like the common sense regard into this [i]"new feature"[/i] that is being used for personal PR reasons to hog some glory.

[u][b]Common Sense:[/b][/u] 0 // [b][u]Powermonging:[/u][/b] 1

Just my opinion.

[quote name='pamplemousse' date='10 August 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1281468455' post='65656']
Kets, you could always sell them to whatever land needed them, in effect, cornering the market and creating some supply and demand tension.

Oooh, Curry, that's a cool idea. Then there could be highwaymen and pirates and...ok, ok, I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I do think that there are lots of ancillary ideas that could come from having goods.
[/quote]
It could be interesting if resources could be exchanged based on the battle system. A person holding 100 Wood gets attacked, 6000 VE out of 10000 VE is lost in the battle by the defender, 60 Wood goes to the attacker. Or something like that.

[quote name='That Other Guy' date='10 August 2010 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1281469296' post='65662']
I'm not too sure on how good people are at basic logic, but this more or less all ties in together. I am rather surprised that A vet like Pamplemousse would be taking such a route rather than contact the person(s) who have actually been working in regards to this ([u]Yes to spell it out:[/u] Item usage and resource guilds are tied in together!) [b][i]*GASP*[/i][/b]

Maybe I am looking too deeply into this but to me this just seems like the common sense regard into this [i]"new feature"[/i] that is being used for personal PR reasons to hog some glory.

[u][b]Common Sense:[/b][/u] 0 // [b][u]Powermonging:[/u][/b] 1

Just my opinion.
[/quote]

I appreciate your opinion, but as I stated, this was merely a suggestion, an idea, not a request for power or a shining path to glory. I had no idea when I posted this that anyone else was working on a similar idea.

It is my opinion that MD is a community where people can share thoughts and suggestions in a public forum, such as this, and collaborate on any number of plans to create something interesting and worthwhile.

Thank you for your candor.

"It is my understanding that the guilds will be, in a way, hierarchical."

Ok, but why someone would like to be in the base of hierarch? Why not everbody want to be in the guild that is in the very Top of hierarch?

All the ideias are very good, but maybe set a real hierarch could be an issue.

"It could be interesting if resources could be exchanged based on the battle system. A person holding 100 Wood gets attacked, 6000 VE out of 10000 VE is lost in the battle by the defender, 60 Wood goes to the attacker. Or something like that."

It's not good to actually exchange, but it would be great to actually steal resources and set "villans", "Bad Boy" roles.

[quote name='Novato' date='10 August 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1281471004' post='65670']

Ok, but why someone would like to be in the base of hierarch? Why not everbody want to be in the guild that is in the very Top of hierarch?

"It could be interesting if resources could be exchanged based on the battle system. A person holding 100 Wood gets attacked, 6000 VE out of 10000 VE is lost in the battle by the defender, 60 Wood goes to the attacker. Or something like that."

It's not good to actually exchange, but it would be great to actually steal resources and set "villans", "Bad Boy" roles.
[/quote]

It was only my interpretation of things, it was in no way set forth as fact. If am I in anyway incorrect or have misinterpreted anything, please set me straight.

As I look at it, the "heirarchy" doesn't seem to have the peasants at the bottom and the rich at the top, if you get my meaning.

If you want to advance, you'd have to work at the top of the hierarchy so that you're not willy nilly labeled something [unles, this is not Pample's intention]. If anything, how I see it, is that everyone is equal. I doubt the hierarchy would be an issue. I think the ideas listed are quite interesting, I mean.. I personally wouldn't mind being in the lower half if it ever came that I changed to join presumed guild, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

[quote name='Novato' date='10 August 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1281471004' post='65670']

[/quote]

The way I see it, a hierarchy (if it is to exist) has two main purposes. First, it gives something to work towards, because while social mobility is high in MagicDuel, we can't all be kings. At the same time, not everyone is cut out for a certain role. And we've already seen players applying to the woodworker's guild, so perhaps not everyone does want to be at the top. Personally, while the top seems intriguing, I'd look first for something that interests me. (Not that I'm leaving my current alliance).

[quote name='pamplemousse' date='10 August 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1281470462' post='65668']
I appreciate your opinion, but as I stated, this was merely a suggestion, an idea, not a request for power or a shining path to glory. I had no idea when I posted this that anyone else was working on a similar idea. It is my opinion that MD is a community where people can share thoughts and suggestions in a public forum, such as this, and collaborate on any number of plans to create something interesting and worthwhile. Thank you for your candor.
[/quote]

I think considering your role, the fact that you are MP6 and the items you have already acquired via various means it is understandable and perfectly clear why that other guy has said what he said, you would definitely and obviously gain power out of something like this especially by being the one to suggest it should it get implimented (which as a very basic idea its pretty obvious it would probably be on the cards). Not that I mind, but pretending you won't to save face and disparage a post is just silly. In addition to that, it does seem strange for you as a well known and active vet to claim you had no idea anyone else was working on Guild Plans and Ideas that might be like this when there is clearly a very recent announcement saying otherwise and a thread stating it is being worked on with the addition of the word "alchemy" - or should we assume you just didnt understand what has been going on? I find it odd you didn't reply to Ailith in this post which only makes it seem stranger, and kind of disrespectful all in all.

Seeing as it hasn't been requested, if you really didn't know and thought guilds weren't already set and wanted to discuss possible guild ideas, this wouldn't be a thread all about your guild idea and what you hope gets implimented but more about what everyone's ideas are and what they might hope for. Just my op.

Z

You are way out of line, Zleiphneir.

This post was intended to be a launching point for brainstorming, it was in no way intended for me to “get something out of it” as you and That Other Guy have accused. I appreciate his candor, but your suggestion that I am, at the very worst, deceitful and underhanded, or at the very best, incompetent and stupid, is just insulting. Especially from a veteran.

My estimation of how guilds work was my own interpretation, not presented as fact. I am always very careful to not misrepresent my opinions as fact, as I understand that many people put a high value on the words of veterans. If I was in error, you could have just pointed it out, not gone around making assumptions and muckraking.

In the very first line of my post, I admitted that I did not know the status of Guilds. I do not have the Powers That Be on speed dial and I am not privy to insider information, so please, forgive me if I am a little behind on what is going on behind the scenes. Even Grido did not know the status of Guilds, because it was a lengthy brainstorming conversation with him that started me thinking in this direction. You do not know how I spend my day, but I can assure you, it does not involve keeping up with every plan happening at the moment in the world of MagicDuel.

As for responding to Ailith, I was not aware that you have special Forum Messenger reading powers, so please, don’t assume.

It remains unclear to me what you think I stand to gain, when, again, I clearly state in the last line, that I have no interest in being in charge or taking the reins at all; I am very happy within Necrovion and have no wish to leave.

Actually, you are right, I do stand to gain something. So does everyone in MD. This is something that could offer a diversity of roles and forward momentum to a “game” that I am more than happy to be a part of. I thought the idea was pretty cool, so I put it out there. There was truly nothing more to it than that. My apologies if anyone felt disrespected.

The fact, Zleiphneir, that you see a suggestion of an idea with interesting potential for MD as a grab for power says more about you than it does about me. I hope that if you have more to say to me, you will approach me about it, not turn this thread of hopeful excitement into yet another flaming ball of negativity.

For you to make a thread, condemning Wolfs for making false accusations about you cheating in the HC, and then turning around and accusing Pamplemousse of having some kind of hidden agenda for making this thread is ridiculous.

She clearly started this thread to get people thinking and excited about this new implementation, and if I was to guess,I would say you are jealous you hadn't thought of it first.

What makes you think Pamplemousse had not sent Ailith a PM on the forum or in game about her ideas?

disregarding the "OOC/Out Of Context" posts ...

Ok, guilds for gathering resources ... why not.
Paying for resources ... it is a very abuse-able thing. I suggest to be paid in HEAT only.

In order to prevent abuses, cheats, I would suggest something like Braiton had : you get your required resources, you select what you want and like a spell your resources are transformed : an item that when clicked would ask the name of a player in current location and if that player has the right resources would send a "one time, time limited usable object" to that person (to prevent abuses),if that person chooses to use that object within ... lets say 60 minutes ... then part of its resources would be transformed.

Doing this would limit the extend of abuses to relationship. I mean if one does not like another, he may choose not to change its resources. Keeping in mind that all items should be trade-able, this is acceptable.

Making more guilds for these crafters ... might be pointless.
Crafting can be achieved also by clickables with the benefit that they can be located on the entire map and can be hidden until required resources are available on the player.
Using clickables, all ppl would be able with enough resources to gather all items. MP3s would gather all items and it is not a good thing as they will see this a purpose of MP3 just like now is armor.

gtg to eat. I'll write more later if I can think of something / or I have time