Mining Guild

Ratsplat

There should be a mining guild, or some way to mine, to go along with the recently added woodcutting guild and woodcutting/resource gathering.

Forest like areas wouldnt be very good to mine in, though places like golemus, necrovion, and hopefully the underground tunnels under MB (since my role puts me in that area).

You would be able to mine different types of ore of course, maybe fossils, lost equipment... anything youd think you can find in a chunk of rock. This stuff would be used to make equipment, enhance your creatures, stat boosts, etc...

[quote name='Ratsplat' date='10 August 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1281487347' post='65694']
There should be a mining guild, or some way to mine, to go along with the recently added woodcutting guild and woodcutting/resource gathering.

Forest like areas wouldnt be very good to mine in, though places like golemus, necrovion, and hopefully the underground tunnels under MB (since my role puts me in that area).

You would be able to mine different types of ore of course, maybe fossils, lost equipment... anything youd think you can find in a chunk of rock. This stuff would be used to make equipment, enhance your creatures, stat boosts, etc...
[/quote]

Its nice that you are trying to come up with ideas in regards to the new "feature". But seriously use some common sense and at least give Mur some credit. This is just one of the very basics that will be made (DUH). At least Pamplemousse did come up with something outside of the box as an expansion to thing that would there, IE: advance alchemy.

This is how I see it:

Loreroot - carpentry
MDA - agriculture
Underground - mining (gems, gold, coal, etc)
Necrovion - metalworking (iron, copper, and other metal ores)
Golemus - masonry (marble, granite, etc; quarries)
Tribunal - ceramics
Marind Bell - fishing
Labyrinth - weaving :P
No Man's Land - animal products (could be moved to MB if you don't want a No Man's guild)

Edited by apophys

[quote name='apophys' date='11 August 2010 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1281510747' post='65720']
This is how I see it:

Loreroot - carpentry
MDA - agriculture
Underground - mining (gems, gold, coal, etc)
Necrovion - metalworking (iron, copper, and other metal ores)
Golemus - masonry (marble, granite, etc; quarries)
Tribunal - ceramics
Marind Bell - fishing
Labyrinth - weaving :P
No Man's Land - animal products (could be moved to MB if you don't want a No Man's guild)
[/quote]

Gardening in MB
Fishing in Loreroot

I think the idea itself is good. It's stirring the pot a little bit for other ideas that Mur can look over.

If "common sense" is the problem, then there are plenty of other bright minds who could help stabalize this idea.
No need to pin everything to the board without taking a second look at it. For one, it's just rude, and for two, it doesn't do you any good yourself.

Anywho, the idea for Mining is good. I agree that Under Ground would be best for the mining, because well.. it's underground. The Alliance badge is already something looking like a gem, so, it fits quite well.

Ummm..Shattered Illusions will never be a mining guild. It is what it is and will stay this way.
If a guild will be placed in UG then we'll discuss about cohabiting and such. But until then...things are pretty clear.