Golemus Citizen showing MP3 access?

Yrthilian

I was informed of a citizen showing new MP3 players the route through the Labyrinth into Golemus.
I am saddened that a Golemus citizen has taken this upon herself to do this and leave a trail in the
Labyrinth for others to find.

No Golemus citizen or any other player should be doing anything like this what so ever. It took time
to get the chat area cleared and time that should not have to be taken to do this.

I will name the player that did this as i intend to make this a public issue and to state this is not
sanctioned by me or of the other leaders. ALL Golemus citizens wishing to do something that directly
involves the land MUST first speak with myself or the alliance leaders.

The player that was found doing this i am sorry to say is Mcvitie. It saddens me to find this has been done
and i now must speak with the leaders regards what should be done in this incident.

Mcvitie i expect to see a PM from you explaining your actions in this matter.

Just to clarify NO player should leave a trail of how to get through the Labyrinth for any other player
it is a spoiler esp if the player is an MP3 as that is a learning stage not a hand me the solution stage.
The whole point of MP3 is to learn so let them learn properly.

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1293044369' post='75898']
Just to clarify NO player should leave a trail of how to get through the Labyrinth for any other player
it is a spoiler esp if the player is an MP3 as that is a learning stage not a hand me the solution stage.
The whole point of MP3 is to learn so let them learn properly.
[/quote]

I'd like to add that every player should clean the chat if he detects spoilers, especially in the labyrinth.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Mighty Pirate' timestamp='1293108685' post='75928']
I'd like to add that every player should clean the chat if he detects spoilers, especially in the labyrinth.
[/quote]

And report it to the correct people so these things can be monitored.

To quote from the rules that you can find in the Restrictions tab:

[quote]Posting story spoilers / story structure / walkthrous on the forum or anywhere else will get you a warning, refusing to delete them will have your account permanently closed.[/quote]

Edited by dst

I find it rather funny that many people have done the exact same thing and many people also give others maps to the Labyrinth, oh well. All I have to say is that there is no real difference helping people through the maze as helping people find the librarian.(Wait for the disputes with this comment :) )
I will not help any others through the Labyrinth then, even if I do see no real problems with it.

Mcvitie

*provides dispute about the comment*

Please please please tell me how those are the same thing...
The route to MDA/Librarian is not a puzzle, it is a path, generally you click the upper arrow on every scene, and if you click the wrong direction, then you know immediately that you went the wrong way.
The route through the Labyrinth IS a puzzle to determine, like the Beserkers Puzzle, or the Broken Pattern, or the Loreroot Guards, each of which you're meant to determine the solution to on your own, with a few hints perhaps, not many hints can really help with Labyrinth, I guess saying that each scene in it faces the same direction would be helpful. Going the wrong direction isn't at all easy to realise, without paying a great deal of attention to what's going on - this is the puzzle of it.

Edited by Grido

After long talks and a very long thinking on this matter
I find i have to take this action.

1. McVitie is to be removed from the Golemus Alliance

This is in response to showing new players through the Labyrinth and leaving a trail for all to find.

Note: I have no issue with helping new players and showing them around but the Labyrinth is for players to figure it out
them self's. It is a spoiler to show new players through the Labyrinth.

2. McVitie is to be jailed for 2 weeks for her actions of leaving a trail through the Labyrinth for all players to view
this is a spoiler and is breaking the rules. Each time this is done it take more time for players to go through the Labyrinth
to remove the chat left behind.

I have taken this action because of a Golemus citizen breaking game rules and for taking an action that reflects on golemus
McVitie is a citizen of Golemus and yet did not check to see if what she was doing might be an issue. If the leaders were informed
or if i was informed of this idea she had then we could have worked something out that would not be breaking rules.

So as of today 04/01/2011 14:22 server time. McVitie will be jailed. She will need to come speak to me in game after release if
she wishes to become citizen again.

Ridiculous...

I had already stated that I had not thought it was against the rules allowing me to show two people, that had asked for help, through the maze. People say that it is ment to be a challenge, what is the reward though? Being able to see the GG lands and then be trapped there unless you knwo your way back out? or be teleported? The only time it had any REAL reward was when it was first created, THEN it was a challenge, to see who could find the way through first.

No warnings nor minor punishments. Who exactly did you speak to? Perhaps instead of speaking behind my back you could have invited me, allowing myself to explain to you in person, rather than through pm's, which is useless seeing as you are hardly ever on, or have time, to read them.

I, Mcvitie, have been a loyal Golemus citizen since my very first days, and this is how you treat one of your people?

Urgh <_<

Also,as I put in my first post:
[quote]I will not help any others through the Labyrinth then, even if I do see no real problems with it.[/quote]
This obviously shows that I was respecting your wishes, and MagicDuels, by me saying that I would not do it again. You did not have to send me to jail to make [u]ANY[/u] point.

[color="#696969"]Edit: Oh and please, if your going to make a vote at least place your reason. :rolleyes: [/color]

Edited by Sasha Lilias

i do feel that removing Golemus status from mcvitie is harsh, although i can see the reasoning, and frankly it is none of my business, to decide what or not our king should decide, unless i feel it is wrong. I can see why this decision was taken

I have never lead anyone through the maze, thats not why im leaving this message. I did ask however ask for someone to take me through, having told them that i had been through the maze before, and posted on the mood panal for someone to take me back out, when it was nessecery for me to be back on the mainland.

i do not currently posses any map although i am aware how i would escape if "trapped" on the island,
I am guessing anyone caught selling a "map" or any directions to the maze under any circumstances may face a similar sanction if they were a Golemus Citizen?

Edited by Asterdai

[quote name='Sasha Lilias' timestamp='1294161954' post='76764']
People say that it is ment to be a challenge, what is the reward though?
[/quote]

The rules are clear - no spoilers at all, whether you consider the task to be too simple, a challenge, or just too hard. It's a tedious task to remove all the spoilers in the labyrinth and I'm thankful for all the people taking the time to clean the chat there.

I think the reward for passing the labyrinth is very big - after all it's our Golemus, isn't it ;) Also I think that the punishment is not very hard. You have the kings permission to apply for citizenship afterwards! Just go for it and convince him that you are a loyal Golemus citizen.

McV will get citizenship back when taken out of Jail.

The citizenship was removed as part of the tools functions.
this is also why i said McV must come to me when released.

In regards the LAB and maps.
The main issue is that it was left in chat for all to see
helping people through the lab is an issue and a minor one
if done through PM. But in this case it was not.

I talked with the other leaders in regards the choices
The main desision was mine and i was the one that decided the
action to take.

The sentence was carried out with the abilities i have at hand
I am willing to reduces the jail sentence to 1 week. but the
rejoining an alliance is still not allowed for the time being.

Remember if i had lesser way of putting the punishment on McV
for the actions she took i would have used them instead.
But we work with what we got.

I will also mention i do not agree with the selling of maps
if you want to show someone inside Golemus or think they deserve
it then ask myself or one of the leaders.

As regards my activity I log in every day and look at my PM's
some i wait a while before responding some i respond to right away
depending on what answers i need to give. But i do respond.

okay, I know I am not a citizen of gollemus and all, but I just need to clarify something, even if it does not change a thing:
the two players who asked mcvitie to show them the way through the maze, samon and Sorain (an mp4 and an mp3, actualy), where looking for me after I got in myself. I had already been through the maze before and have a map I drew using my experiences in there, so I know how to direct myself in it. I crossed it and they could easily have followed me through, as I left a direct track. I think any mp3 can follow the track left behind by someone who get through, for I am pretty shure all those who know the way take a direct route, not doing any side-steps to elude someone who could follow their track. So, as to taking an mp3 through I believe that it is not a real problem, as long as the mp3 knows where the maze takes, and I know many mp3s who do, it is not a real secret.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Asterdai' timestamp='1294175074' post='76778']
i do not currently posses any map although i am aware how i would escape if "trapped" on the island,I am guessing anyone caught selling a "map" or any directions to the maze under any circumstances may face a similar sanction if they were a Golemus Citizen?
[/quote]

I would hope for them to be punished more than this. It is indeed spoilers again.

[quote name='Phear the Wolf' timestamp='1294179698' post='76783']
okay, I know I am not a citizen of gollemus and all, but I just need to clarify something, even if it does not change a thing:the two players who asked mcvitie to show them the way through the maze, samon and Sorain (an mp4 and an mp3, actualy), where looking for me after I got in myself. I had already been through the maze before and have a map I drew using my experiences in there, so I know how to direct myself in it. I crossed it and they could easily have followed me through, as I left a direct track. I think any mp3 can follow the track left behind by someone who get through, for I am pretty shure all those who know the way take a direct route, not doing any side-steps to elude someone who could follow their track. So, as to taking an mp3 through I believe that it is not a real problem, as long as the mp3 knows where the maze takes, and I know many mp3s who do, it is not a real secret.
[/quote]

Try trying to follow someone's tracks without knowing the maze, its pretty hard, once you have played around with it it becomes easy, but until you know that its a devilishly tricky puzzle.

Taking someone through the maze, is less worse than leaving a direct trail for anyone to follow, but still can be punished on the spoiler rule.

When this sentence was declared i caught one thought. Is jail the only way of punishment? From last Yrth's post it so figures. That is, this is pretty much the only thing that tools allow(ok also removal on alliance and citizenship). But could not a fine been offered or a bail? Say 10sc to get out. It's up to her to pay or not and surely land treasury could use some money...

Miq