unwanted movement between scenes?

Maebius

(unsure if this is the correct forum area. I did not see a "support/bugs" thread. if it's wrong, please move or I'll delete)

Has anyone noticed any odd movement between scenes, when they honestly do not think they clicked any arrows or highlighted portions of the Freeform screen? Twice recently, once on my main character, once on an alt I made, I was bouncing between PMs, and checking creatures, and then going to vote, and my browser froze up. When I finally got back into the game (closed and re-opened) I was in a slightly different scene than I had started from.

I've tried to replicate it and see if I could figure out what order I did things, but no luck yet, beyond getting it to happen on my alt once.

One character, it does not really matter, I was just trying to map out the MDA maze.
The other character, I am sad, as I can't get back to where they started.

I'll try fiddling with swapping around screens to see if I can get it to happen again and record the exact time-frame, but will need to wait until I can vote again. (Don't know if that made any difference, but...?)

Feel free to PM me with/for any other details.

• Root Admin

moved to [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/forum/18-bug-report/"]Bug Report[/url] its under the Game Devolpment section of the forum. Near the bottom

If you want your alt teleported out of the maze, send me a private PM

Are you sure you couldnt have accidentally pressed one of the buttons? Iv never seen anyone complain of this before.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1295021880' post='77424']
moved to [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/forum/18-bug-report/"]Bug Report[/url] its under the Game Devolpment section of the forum. Near the bottom
If you want your alt teleported out of the maze, send me a private PM
Are you sure you couldnt have accidentally pressed one of the buttons? Iv never seen anyone complain of this before.
[/quote]

I got out of the maze, that's no problem. (*weeps for other*)

[b]No worries, though.[/b] I hope the initial post didn't come across too whiney. :)

At first, I considered I may have accidentally clicked something.
So on my alt (who was near the maze anyway) I tried just switching between lots of screens. I think the issue is the browser froze up both times so my "click" might have gotten processed on the arrow, which I wasn't seeing "behind" the PM page or Hate-list page (which I had also tried editing, but was on PMs when it froze).
Most likely a browser-side issue, where the click happened but the visual screen hadn't refreshed or something.
(may be way off, but thats how it seems).

I'll keep playing around to see if I replicate it.
Both times it was after the flash, or the whole browser, froze up.
(Firefox, two tab, forum and MD game the second time I had it lock up).

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1295083203' post='77455']
Actually, thats why I weep for Firefox 3- it's way worse than 2, in terms of stability and CPU usage.
Your browser probably processed the request but failed to receive the data, and when you clicked on free creds you never saw that you were in the scene.
[/quote]

Yep, I've managed to "force" firefox to freeze up twice more by opening all sorts of other vote-tabs, and such. Once nothing unusal happened, the other, I made sure to try clicking around where the "arrows" were on the scenes, after "closing" the popup frame such as PM list. That time, when I restarted my browser, I had moved between scenes, even though to my eyes the little PM window was still "stuck" onscreen.

So, it's an issue on my browser end, not MD itself. :)

/weeps for not knowing this when he "left" the place he had been in before.

*closes the thread, if he could*

• 11 months later...