Calling forth the wolves

Don't forget that any animalish avatars still need to conform to the size norms of the more humanoid avatars, ie taller than they are wide (no big empty space at the top or bottom)

Cool avatar, kinda makes me wish Burns wolf curse had been permanent :P
I look forward to seeing the final version around the place :P

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' timestamp='1296826890' post='78466']
Don't forget that any animalish avatars still need to conform to the size norms of the more humanoid avatars, ie taller than they are wide (no big empty space at the top or bottom)

Cool avatar, kinda makes me wish Burns wolf curse had been permanent :P
I look forward to seeing the final version around the place :P
[/quote]

Well!! that can be a problem...on resizing it came only 100x105...so there is some empty space... but make wolf...very taller wont be nice.....

-rider

[quote name='Pig' timestamp='1295462736' post='77699']
[color="#0000FF"]*Pig makes a deep bow to the missing audience*[/color]

ehemmm...I Pig... am

Hello World!!!
[color="#0000FF"]*applauds himself frenetically*[/color]
[/quote]

The parts i highlighted blue are 'actions', as well as your sentence appears to be not exactly speech, but rather what you'd say as pig-character in game. Chewett meant to say that such, actions and purposely broken english, are out of place on the forum.

Rider's topic is about giving away an avatar. Whether you find the presentation entertaining or not is up to you, but it's, at best, a story, not an action.

Also, Wookie likes to be clear when telling people off ;)

[quote name='dragonrider7' timestamp='1296837796' post='78471']
Well!! that can be a problem...on resizing it came only 100x105...so there is some empty space... but make wolf...very taller wont be nice.....

-rider
[/quote]
Make it stand on it's hind legs or something?

[quote name='dragonrider7' timestamp='1296837796' post='78471']

-rider
[/quote]

That amount of empty space is probably fine. Just split the emptiness above and below the avvy to make it look less obvious.

Make sure you use every pixel of horizontal space, and you can crop a bit of the picture on the side away from the face.

You can also stretch it upward a LITTLE.

I had similar difficulty with nadrolski's reclining avvy (which was actually wider than high), and these were my workarounds.

Edited by apophys

I see..thanks for clearing that up for me!
I shall act silently, without saying what i do in *..*, like a stealth Pig, a special ops pig...or even...a niiiinja Pig. Ha!

[color="#FF0000"]*[/color]oink!
Is that half a role-play then?

And the avy, maybe if it stands howling at the moon, would that make it 'vertical' enough? Or it needs to be humanoid creature?

alright alright, i'll shutup.

here is me shutting up

so many people wrote and just now a wolf is to answer the call =P

really great drawing, rider! I especialy like the bulky back and the rageful face, nice work =3
I would very much like to have it as my avy, but I do think that it fits wolf better, as he is more, humm, monstruous then me. werewolfer is more were then wolf, so I don't think it fits him well.

about the resizing, I think that putting a moon above it would be better then a rock underneath it, as he already seems to be on the ground. the wolf itself is fine as he is, no need to change it or anything.

again, great job on the drawing, I'll see wolf and alk to him about it, see what he thinks =]

I like it! Keep practicing!
Maybe you could shade it a little more

I'm not a big fan of the 'pointy' stuff, but in this one, it makes it look nice and agressive

About the sizing: It won't make a problem, just put it in the middle or bottom (depends on your own personal taste) and things will be fine, no need to add stuff.
My avy is about half the height, and still looks ok when used.

[quote name='bfh lighthing' timestamp='1296951856' post='78521']
I must say it looks pretty well. Also with a bit rotation and resizing it will fit the avatar standards.
[/quote]
Thanks...BFH, this is what I could bring ..... reducing the size takes away a lot of detailing :(

[img]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s28/anoop4real/Wolf.png[/img]

rider

Edited by dragonrider7

• 3 weeks later...