MP3 using GGG?

Curiose

I agree with what xrieg said, and was kinda what I was trying to imply earlier on page 1.

I'm at 50 active days now, so pretty new, and it was hearing about the RDFA that made me slow down and really try to understand "[i]Oh, cool, the creatures sometimes have different abilities instead of just being stuck in a ritual slot[/i]!"

As to the origuinal post, maybe we'll jsut make an effort to mention that non-ddamaging rituals are fun, but NOT the rule here. The only rule is ask first, or go wild against the Idles. Otherwise, I don't see the issue. Saying "your creatures will get strong" doesnt' hold too mcuh water in my mind because they still need experience to advance. And if they want to advance, they'll use damaging rituals.
Simple solution, and self-correcting, as stated before.

Are a few MP3s with "Hollow Warriors" really that much of a threat to the MP4s once we do advance?
I hope not or my expectation for advancing soon is going to be a let-down.

As a n00b weak MP3, I feel entitled to answer.

If a MP3 states that the park rules are Non Damage fights only, I feel easy to tell him: No you're wrong. And reminds him that the Park rules are not really rules of the game, but an agreement between players, that he and anyone is entitled to break. If I, as a n00b, manage to say that, I guess that veteran will find better way to say it themselves.

I personnaly have had difficulties to understand how to set a non damage ritual (for healing purpose for example) with a creature tat is supposed to do damages... or to Martyrism... Understanding that (and why combo is important) seem to me very important for my future. I had less problems with differen possibilities of doing killing rituals along the way.... although the main limitation is my basic creature collection (well, that one is rowing though!)

And finally, if someone is only playing with non damage in the park... well... so be it! The first time he will go out he will be a good meal for other's creatures. is that really a problem?

Or do you, veterans, think tat all newbies are just a bunch of <put the word you want to use here> that have total non sense and will never be able to have a good fight?
IMO, in MD like in any other game, you have to expect a natural selection to operate, and not all players to manage to grow up... That's life. Enjoy those wh manage instead of focusing on those who don't. ;)

In Mp3/4 I learned very little about the game regardless of the fact that I used regular training methods. I believe that GGG still yields at least SOME combat experience, and as curi knows this game is much more than just combat.I spent over 90% of my 70 or so days sitting in MDP. So, simply using non-damaging isn't what is making MP3s dumb, it is Marble Dale Park and an unwillingness to branch out. It is only now that I am MP5 that I have decided to explore my surroundings, spending time in areas like Awiiya's Way and MDA lands. So, personally, I believe that dumb intro MP4s aren't that scary for MD anyway, and it's not really the fighting style that matters. The only scary thing about GGG is what Dst said. It's the stat gain. The last thing I want is a bunch of giant MP3s that won't advance because they are so far above the other newbies.

[quote name='xrieg' timestamp='1299020175' post='79811']
Every sword has two edges :-P I know about at least 1 new player who went to MP4 almost immediately - and was completely lost there; [/quote]

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]the thing is xrieg, if he had gain 100 wins and loses with regular fights and not using non-damage he wouldn't get completely lost.
I forced my alt thru MP3 and MP4 very quickly, without help in gaining Xp or without premium/closed lands crits.
All I needed was basic knowledge what rit to set to gain xp/win/lose, how to set def so my crits wouldn't all die immediately how to recognize who might be stronger than me by looking at profile/statistics under the name.
That's what MP3s should learn, not how to get hundreds wins on their crits, there still will be time for that later.[/color][/font]

Leaving aside the fact that there's only few creatues which really require so many wins.

I haven't even maxed my angiens yet due to the massive grind required, so why should mp3, mp4 have more wins than that on creats that if sacced only add minor stat boni from lots of fights?

I don't dispute that for angiens such kind of rits work well, but aside from them I don't see any excuse as to why people should use this style of training, it is very inefficient to grind this way.

[quote name='Shemhazaj' timestamp='1299088953' post='79850']
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]the thing is xrieg, if he had gain 100 wins and loses with regular fights and not using non-damage he wouldn't get completely lost.
[/color][/font]
[/quote]
Wrong - the player in question got capped so quickly that didn't have opportunity to do any RDFA worth speaking about :-P
Still, the hot topic now is new announcement and even Curiose seems to think it is more evil than RDFA :-P

Personally I would like to see the MP4 sacrifice/experience return be exactly what it used to be, the MP3 and MP5 be what they are now. MP3 shouldn't have it, since it is the basic learning stage. MP4 should have the basics of it since it is the advanced learning stage, and there are a few players who do play MP4 for RP reasons (and personal choice) who shouldn't be excluded from combat advancement if they wish, but they shouldn't have the full benefits of it since generally, it is not the stage the game is meant to be played at (hence why you can't get free Necrovion access at MP4). MP5 can drop their experience anyway... so why not?

But that would just essentially make it cost more for them to lose EXP. For example, if Ravenstrider sells 1 million EXP creatures for 1 silver, then it costs ~4 silver for an MP4 to go from cap to 1, but if it was halved, it would cost 8 silver. Would that not have a detrimental effect on their happiness and whatnot?

Also, perhaps we should open a new topic >>
I looked at the title after posting and I was like wait...did I change topics somehow?

Edited by Pipstickz

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1298946978' post='79752']
I have a slightly growing concern about the new coming MP3.

For the past few weeks, I have been sitting in the park and I have watched MP3-- Nearly all of them-- request to use non damage rit. No one has really objected to Mp3 using non damage.

I had no care about it until it was mistaken that Non Damage was part of the rules for the park. I don't know where you guys stand, but, looking at it, I kind of dislike it because it's like making a new precedent for the "February" case.

I don't care if MP5 do it, because they know the fighting mechanics. As to loosely quote Nadrolski: The MP3 will turn into mindless graasans. Big, but without brains.
[/quote]

I find it interesting how you refer to it as the ""February" case." when it initially began with the MRs, there is still one out there that surpasses February by at least 100 times and he/she is still in MP3. (Unsurprisingly enough, he only appears at the end the month to ravage a certain contest in certain people's favour, Anyhow!)

Back on topic; My overall opinion on this is to let them be, I am against this too as I have seen the aftermath of such rituals but if MP5s are allowed to do this then why shouldn't the lower MPs be able to too? The new changes to creatures have really hindered my ability to deal with this but due to fairness I'd say let it stay.