Ravenstrider's Trial Period Twitter Quest

Ravenstrider

[url="http://www.twitter.com/magicduel"][color="#8b0000"][u][size="4"][b]Ravenstrider's Trial Period Twitter Quest[/b][/size] [/u] [/color][/url]
[size="3"]

Write a tweet in one of the next 3 categories.[/size]

[b]a)[/b][b] [u][color="#ffa500"]MD twitter page description.[/color][/u][/b]

[b]b)[/b] [b][u][color="#ffa500"]Funniest MD related tweet.[/color][/u][/b]

[b]c)[/b] [b][u][color="#ffa500"]Most creative MD tweet that includes a popular topic in it.[/color][/u][/b] [color="#ffa500"](i.e. #death, #roses, #kittens or the Twitter trend of the day) [/color]

The winner of the first two categories will be decided by the twitter page team, while the third will be rated in a completely different manner, which will not be revealed until the contest ends.

[size="3"]The rewards are:[/size]
[color="#8b0000"]a)[b] SW and a chance that your tweet will be the new MD page description.[/b]
b) [b]10 credits[/b]
c) [b]15 credits[/b][/color]

[b][u]Entries in [color="#8b0000"]all of the categories[/color] must have [color="#ffa500"][url="http://www.twitter.com/magicduel"]@magicduel[/url][/color] in them.[/u][/b]

[b][u]Entries in category [color="#8b0000"]b)[/color] and [color="#8b0000"]c)[/color] must have [color="#ffa500"][url="http://www.twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23magicduel"]#magicduel[/url][/color] in them.[/u][/b]

[s]
The contest will run until June 5th 23:59 server time.[/s]

It will now run until June 15 23:59 Server Time. ~BFH

[color="#8b0000"][b][size="3"]Here is the [url="http://www.twitter.com/magicduel"]MagicDuel Twitter Page[/url][/size][/b][/color]

Edited by BFH
Contest Extended

1)@magicduel Magic Duel where the story never ends and legends come to life.Now even closer to you than it ever was,FOLLOW it on TWITTER.

2)@magicduel Did you ever wonder why dosen't Magic Duel have a public bathroom in public places?

3)#magicduel Want to win $25.00 credits and a Shop Creature?Did you root for Barcelona or Man.u? Join our FB contest by answering:"What LHO initials stands for? And express your creativity:D

• Root Admin

I trust for the 3rd point, you need to include the hashtag of a popular, or trending hashtag along with the tweet also? It doesnt seem clear since you didnt raise the point on backlash's "tweet"

Popular hashtag or a trend word. I'm guessing that at the time of the forum post, Manchester and Barselona were in the trends.

Though, I wouldn't choose that tweet, because there isn't really any connection between the two statements... Seems pretty random.

For instance:"@MagicDuel Grido and Chewett are the Batman & Robin of #MagicDuel" would be a proper tweet. (but not a very good one, so don't use it)

(Batman & Robin syntax was in the Trends today)

Clarification:

Trends consist of two things: Popular hashtag topic and popular words (or syntaxes). You can see them on the side-panel and they are quite hard to miss.

I will accept common hashtags as well... Things like #death, #life, etc., if the post is interesting.

Edited by Ravenstrider

[quote name='backlash ro' timestamp='1306936037' post='85540']
And how do you know if I tweeted it or not?
[/quote]

I'm the Temp Twitter MagicDuel Admin. I'm omnipotent. :cool:

Now seriously: If you include the mention in your post, I get it in the mentions feed, and it stays there for a while. That's one of the main reasons the contest requires every tweet to have it.

• Root Admin

Submitted mine for Catagory Two.

http://twitter.com/#!/WookieCoder/status/75966290019368960

Based, off a real event, Totally forgot BHC was going on, and that porting everyone on my friends list wouldnt have been the best idea.

Oh well, Ren fixed it quick enough, Sorry Guys!

@Chewett and Sasha: Yes, I saw your tweets... so you don't have to report it. :P

@Backlash Ro: You didn't include @magicduel in two of those.

[color="#8B0000"][size="4"]Important Notice: If you do not include @magicduel in your tweets, they will not be accepted as valid entries.[/size][/color]

I'm doing my best to catch everything, but I can't go trough your profiles to check if you tweeted something for this contest.
It would be like posting the LHO thing for Facebook on your FB wall.

I know some of you don't have Twitter experience, so whenever I catch a tweet without the hashtag or mention, I message you... But I'm not all-powerful and can miss things, so this rule is to avoid any: "Hey, you didn't read my tweet, and it was better than the others" later on.

[u]And another thing unrelated to the contest:[/u] I will try to reply to your mentions (that aren't contest related) when I can, but I don't want the page to be filled with replies, crowding the official announcements and stuff, so if you wrote something to me, and I don't reply, I was probably going to include a donkey joke in the reply and thought it was inappropriate or I did a bunch of irrelevant tweets and thought it was enough for one day.

Edited by Ravenstrider

Without any twitter experience, i'd say Raven very clearly states that ALL entries must contain @magicduel, i assume because twitter relates it to the MD-page then or something...

Anyways, ALL of them must contain @magicduel, and those 2 ADDITIONALLY #magicduel. That's the task, as i'd read it.

Raven stepped down and Sasha also.

It might sound hard, but it's better for them to tell me now and not later.

So thanks Raven :)

I'll continue the quest as raven planned it :D

Have Fun!

• 2 weeks later...

[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Initially this quest winners would be decided by Twitter team, but since I'm the only one in it currently... Well, let's all decide who will win.

Everyone can select [color="#ff0000"]three options from each category[/color], giving them 14,12, and 10 points (14 is the best). At the end of the voting, the top point holder of each category wins that category prize.

All can vote, but did I mentioned that... you can't vote for yourself?
BTW: I do know who are the ones who posted in twitter so don't try cheating ;)

[color="#ff0000"][b]Category A: MD Twitter Page Description[/b][/color]

[/color][/size][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Rewards for the winner: Soulweaver and a chance for it to be included as our official Twitter Page description.

[/color][/size][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"][log= Rules Given] Must have @ MagicDuel in it [/log]
[/color][/size][/font]

[list][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel Official tweets from MagicDuel, the realm where players are experiencing an extraordinary adventure built daily by the community.[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@magicduel :The game where you can be ANYTHING you've ever wanted:from King of the World to a Rolling Stone That Gathers No Moss.[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel - A Unique Massive multiplayer Browser based Online RPG. Pure PVP No Bots, Creatures fights, Land wars, Alliance wars, Try it :)[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Think about magic realm, amazing art, brain damage with tons of never ending fun? Get out of the box! Get in to the @MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel A place that is reserved to people different. For a difefrent experience. Are you different enough tu rule #Magicduel ?[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel Tired of stupid RPG? Want something different? Want to be able to interfere in the realm and make it different? Try #MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Playing or want to learn about #magicduel, a browser adventure game? Follow their Tweets @MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Magic Duel where the story never ends and legends come to life.Now even closer to you than it ever was,FOLLOW it on TWITTER. @magicduel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel Adventure, Puzzles, Role Play. All that and much more: welcome to #MagicDuel the realm that will evolve according to YOUR actions[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Are u a farmer? Gambler? Construction worker? Or even a mafia maybe? But doesn't know how to fight properly? Ah! Follow @MagicDuel then![/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel Have you ever heard Little Birds tweeting? #MagicDuel Birds have a tweet you will never forget. Join us and listen ![/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]MagicDuel is a game without classes, races or main goals. It is fueled by your imagination. Follow the game of legends on Twitter.@MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][color="#000000"][u][url="http://twitter.com/MagicDuel"]@MagicDuel[/url][/u][/color] World of symbols, puzzles, mysteries that can keep giving you more for years. Can you reach outside the box?[/list][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]
[color="#ff0000"][b]Category B: Funniest MD related tweet.[/b][/color]

[/color][/size][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Rewards for the winner: 10 Credits

[/color][/size][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"][log=Rules Given] Must have @MagicDuel and # MagicDuel in it[/log]
[/color][/size][/font]
[list][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@magicduel Cows in #MagicDuel ? Bet you cant crowbar the hashtag into everything :D[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Is necrovion asking for written rules @MagicDuel? That would be a big change in the balance of #Magicduel. [url="http://bit.ly/j7vdFl"]http://bit.ly/j7vdFl[/url][/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Pimp 5 Silver, Drach 12 Gold, Accidentally porting all BHC participants from Trib for a party with Ailith, Priceless #MagicDuel @MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel Dst, #magicduel's wicked witch of the west...just dressed as a clown. :) x[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Did you ever wonder why dosen't Magic Duel have a public bathroom in public places? #magicduel @magicduel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel = Successfully using humans as Guinea pigs since 2005! #magicduel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Code Master? Bah! Try the @WookieCoder! Only for 9,99 <insert currency here> :D @Magicduel #Magicduel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel I am entering the Temple in the East Please set up and unlock ASAP a backdoor that I can enter Mur's Dominion. #MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@WookieCoder :slowly I will infiltrate everywhere! @MagicDuel will be only my base :D[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel #666 is spelled 81. And the big brother of the devil 81 is 100. How do you want to stay sane in #MagicDuel?[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel Has a mirror ever seen it's face? #Magicduel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel Contest 2 : The Only Game were players wish to stay at lower lvls hehe #magicduel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]sorry today I couldn't feed my cows, not even just to plant a patch of potatoes, I'm stuck in golemus right now.. #MagicDuel @MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]who's Bob? And why he so famous in #MagicDuel? Even infact he never say anything nor move anywhere? Find out why! ----> @MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@magicduel A goat who protected a tree. A Jester who became king, Now all we need is jesus dressed in leather posing as a model #magicduel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel Contest 3 :An evil plot against me, I landed in jail. It's not my END. But just the beginning of my Vengeance muhaha #magicduel[/color][/size][/font][/list][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]
[color="#ff0000"][b]Category C: Most creative MD tweet that includes a popular topic in it. (i.e. #death, #roses, #kittens or the Twitter trend of the day) [/b][/color]

[/color][/size][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Reward for the winner: 15 Credits

[/color][/size][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"][log= Rules Given] Must have @MagicDuel and # MagicDuel in it. Also it needs to include a Popular Topic in it [/log]

[/color][/size][/font][list][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel A World for all... Even transsexual clowns! #magicduel #clowns #joker[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]#aintnothingsexyabout a grasan rubing against an animated tree. @magicduel #magicduel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]@MagicDuel 81 is a number that #getonmynerves in #Magicduel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]#youknowyouuglywhen you wake up your Grasan in #Magicduel and he opens his eyes saying "Daddy, that's you?" @MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]#Super8Secret : I just moved up MP4 in #MagicDuel. Steven Spielberg shall reveal it in the movie. @MagicDuel[/color][/size][/font][*][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]#FF -----> @MagicDuel .. The "Life in game!", For a little hope and chance to be someone or something that you never ever imagine before![/color][/size][/font][/list]

[b][color="#ff0000"]You all have 5 days for voting. Until day 171, 23:59 server time.[/color][/b]

Happy Voting and good luck to the participants.

~BFH

Edited by BFH
Added one I missed.

Cat A:
MagicDuel is a game without classes, races or main goals. It is fueled by your imagination. Follow the game of legends on Twitter.@MagicDuel -14
@MagicDuel Adventure, Puzzles, Role Play. All that and much more: welcome to #MagicDuel the realm that will evolve according to YOUR actions - 12
@MagicDuel A place that is reserved to people different. For a difefrent experience. Are you different enough tu rule #Magicduel ? -10

Cat B:
@MagicDuel = Successfully using humans as Guinea pigs since 2005! #magicduel -14
Code Master? Bah! Try the @WookieCoder! Only for 9,99 <insert currency here> @Magicduel #Magicduel -10

Cat C:
@MagicDuel A World for all... Even transsexual clowns! #magicduel #clowns #joker -12

Cathegory A:
-Think about magic realm, amazing art, brain damage with tons of never ending fun? Get out of the box! Get in to the @MagicDuel - 14

-Are u a farmer? Gambler? Construction worker? Or even a mafia maybe? But doesn't know how to fight properly? Ah! Follow @MagicDuel then! - 12

-MagicDuel is a game without classes, races or main goals. It is fueled by your imagination. Follow the game of legends on Twitter.@MagicDuel - 10

Cathegory B:
-sorry today I couldn't feed my cows, not even just to plant a patch of potatoes, I'm stuck in golemus right now.. #MagicDuel @MagicDuel - 14

-who's Bob? And why he so famous in #MagicDuel? Even infact he never say anything nor move anywhere? Find out why! ----> @MagicDuel - 12

@MagicDuel #666 is spelled 81. And the big brother of the devil 81 is 100. How do you want to stay sane in #MagicDuel? - 10

Cathegory C:
-#FF -----> @MagicDuel .. The "Life in game!", For a little hope and chance to be someone or something that you never ever imagine before! - 14

#youknowyouuglywhen you wake up your Grasan in #Magicduel and he opens his eyes saying "Daddy, that's you?" @MagicDuel - 12

#aintnothingsexyabout a grasan rubing against an animated tree. @magicduel #magicduel - 10

Edited by Neno Veliki

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1308255915' post='86342']
MagicDuel is a game without classes, races or main goals. It is fueled by your imagination. Follow the game of legends on Twitter.@MagicDuel
[/quote]
14 points to the first one.

Pimp 5 Silver, Drach 12 Gold, Accidentally porting all BHC participants from Trib for a party with Ailith, Priceless #MagicDuel @MagicDuel
@MagicDuel = Successfully using humans as Guinea pigs since 2005! #magicduel
@magicduel A goat who protected a tree. A Jester who became king, Now all we need is jesus dressed in leather posing as a model #magicduel
[/quote]
14 to the second one, 12 to the first, and 10 to the last.

@MagicDuel A World for all... Even transsexual clowns! #magicduel #clowns #joker
#aintnothingsexyabout a grasan rubing against an animated tree. @magicduel #magicduel
#youknowyouuglywhen you wake up your Grasan in #Magicduel and he opens his eyes saying "Daddy, that's you?" @MagicDuel
[/quote]
14 to the first, 12 to the last, and 10 to the second.