More fighting, more fun.

Ron Noesis

More fighting! More fun?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe strongly that the game needs and will benefit from having more nonplayer games characters (NPCs) to fight in game. Also, adding VE regeneration for all Monsters, even if it's very low, In my opinion, will help sped game play.

Edited by Ron Noesis

There is absolutely no need or benefit for further attackable NPCs in this game.

Combat is another form of social interaction, as it should be. The NPCs that are in the game serve to teach specific things and hide many hidden secrets. Adding more NPC's would serve no purpose because a) they are not able to be interacted with other than combat b) you can fight hundreds of different people at each MP level c) they would detract from the messages of all the other NPC's (Such as the Land Guardian).

This is an idea that has come up many times before, however due to the nature of MD new NPCs are only possible when major changes occur to the game in terms of the world itself, not how that world works.

+1 to Kyphis argument.

Otherwise, some creatures have a VE regeneration because of their special purposes. Giving it to all creatures would make these selected few less valueable.
It would just serve to make everything go faster in the early stages, which is actually not good. Granted, MD has a rather slow pace, but you have to get used to that, speeding it up would draw even more attention of certain player groups, and make another bunch quit early. We need balanced players, not just fighters.

Game needs players, period. I know it's never been designed as MMORPG - but currently if you are new or just want to fight you have problems finding any opponent (especially at mp3: 0 ve or players who have defs much too strong for a newbie).
NPC is something MD is proud _not_ to have - and for a good reason. However, some NPC trainer with some rits to learn basics for limited time (like first 7 days)could be a good idea:
1. it could help to teach fighting basics.
2. (more important I think) it could help to keep ppl attracted by ads ald let them 'feel MD' - many of potential valuable players may leave discouraged by these first 2-5 days. currently many ppl stay and begin playing not because they are 'tough' - but just they were lucky in these first days to find sparring partners or ppl they enjoyed interacting with.

Edited by xrieg

• Root Admin

[quote name='xrieg' timestamp='1307266957' post='85756']
currently many ppl stay and begin playing not because they are 'tough' - but just they were lucky in these first days to find sparring partners or ppl they enjoyed interacting with.
[/quote]

Contrary to your belief, most people do not stay in MD because they are tough. I would say the one thing that intrested me the most about was the people. Interacting, role-playing and fighting. People will either like it, or not depending on their tastes. The storymode is a very good descrimator since if people dont like reading and such, then they wont get past the waves of text at the beginning.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1307267957' post='85757']
Contrary to your belief, most people do not stay in MD because they are tough. I would say the one thing that intrested me the most about was the people. Interacting, role-playing and fighting. People will either like it, or not depending on their tastes. The storymode is a very good descrimator since if people dont like reading and such, then they wont get past the waves of text at the beginning.
[/quote]
Misunderstanding: 'tough' in my post is intentionally in paranthesis; meaning only ppl that went through the 'screening' of the first few days and storymode (there was a lot of discussion what hind of players MD wants/ needs). I agree fighting is not essential - patience is. But patience also come with time - and a lot of time there is virtually nobody active in frequented areas new players visit. So - no fighting, no interaction, no RP... and storymode alone is not good enough to keep ppl logging in :-P

[quote name='xrieg' timestamp='1307269591' post='85758']
and storymode alone is not good enough to keep ppl logging in :-P
[/quote]

To be honest xrieg my biggest "turn on" for me about this game is the storymode and the other things that keep me here is the simple drama other players have. I just like seeing that I'm not the only "crazy" person in this world.

I don't care much about the fighting though. Why? Because this game(in my opinion) [b]IS NOT[/b], I repeat, [b]IS NOT [/b]a game about fighting NPC or other players. They are just there because it shows that fighting is possible in this game but not required to do it.

[quote name='xrieg' timestamp='1307269591' post='85758']
... and a lot of time there is virtually nobody active in frequented areas new players visit. So - no fighting, no interaction, no RP... and storymode alone is not good enough to keep ppl logging in :-P
[/quote]

Actually ... as the MD is expanding (as number of locations) more and more areas are new for everybody.
If you want social interaction you just don't go there. If you want to be alone and wander ... then just visit the new locations or hide.

Personally I visited less then half of new locations (from the past 1 year) just because I'm lazy.