Petition for closing the Angiens Shrine

So, set up a quest for people to earn Angiens.

[quote name='Lifeline' timestamp='1308168219' post='86295']
so Marind Bell doesnt even deserve a single location where not everybody can go?
[/quote]
It's not about deserving, but that's beside my point: There ARE locations in Marind Bell where not everyone can go; Champion's Dome and Fenth's wielder, Champion's Challenge, Sage's Keep, Tunnel of War (sort of), not to mention it is home of what has been one of the most popular locations EVER in MD, Marble Dale Park AND the Loreroot Entry quest is mainly based out of Marind Bell. MB and it's citizens have plenty to be proud of without closing a location, but this isn't about pride. At least, I certainly hope not.

Neh...the problem is people wan t to make everything exclusive...when they are bored of their clubhouse,they make it more "Selective" to make sure they rule over everyone,and no one can question their authority.

It s simple,like comunism....everybody is equal with everybody,but they are a bit more equal than us.

Amazing how the pendulum swings. How many recall the days when you couldn't sell an angien egg for 1sc, right after they were no longer worth saccing?

Don't stand on the spot and study it - the pendulum will be returning - it's the Law (of Gravity).

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

• Root Admin

[quote name='backlash ro' timestamp='1308290304' post='86355']
Yep....This "petititon" should have been put on a vote or something,because it sin t right.It s an abuse of power really
[/quote]

The queen of the land has full and total control over it, Tis the same in all lands, The Shrine is closed at the moment because it seemed like also Mur agreed, even in part to what the petition says. From the little iv read of the meeting a couple days ago, Mur makes it clear that angiens are different in regards to other creatures.

I had to think a little bit before reacting to that breaking news. I think I am ready now. Sorry for the long post coming, but it is a complex issue that is raised here.

Preliminary note 1: I respect the decision whatever it is. However it must respect the Realm rules. In that regard, I understand that the Queen of Marind Bell has authority over the land of Marind Bell (including Angien shrine), but no authority over the Angiens themselves. I think the petition respects that, but we must carefully monitor things as they may evolve.
[quote][size="1"]Ann. 1681 - [2010-11-26 21:34:14 - Stage 10]
Clarifications regarding land authority of Kings
Any land technically tagged (lower right corner of location page) as belonging to a Land, is under the authority of the ruler of that land. Any other role related to that location are subordonated to the rules of the land and the king, unless stated otherwise explicitly. Non-player characters do not subordinate under human leadership (Angiens, Shades), nor can Kings decide anything about them. These are to be considered non-human, land bound forces, non tame-able, with no authority over people or king but also not under any other authority. [/size][/quote]

I understand SoE were created to make research about Angiens and to worship them.
[quote]An entire alliance was made with the whole purpose to try and contact the angiens, to understand them, to uphold the values and principles the angiens may brings to this realm, they even worshipped the angiens.[/quote]
The AL also states that Angiens may help understand shades better.

I am not old enough to know what happened since the discovery of the Angiens and the creation of SoE. I would love to be corrected if I am wrong, but what I feel after that petition is that SoE failed. This alliance did not manage to make Angiens respected. And as a consequence of their failure they decide that Angiens and their shrine shall not be visible anymore to anyone.

It is one way to solve the problem. There might be other ways. And this part of the petition concerns me a bit:
[quote]We hope to gain respect and help other seek a bit of knowledge as well as strengthen the land of Marind Bell.[/quote]
I understand that SoE wants to gain respect by holding a "treasure" that is impossible to reach. I also understand that MB is using Angiens (by limiting access to their shrine) in a greedy way to get more strength.

That makes me wonder about the Seekers of Enlightment and Marind's Bell.

Are you seeking enlightment for yourself or to light the world by providing knowledge and diffusing positive values learned from Angiens?
I think to "Spread The Word of Angiens" was a better way to achieve your purpose. A difficult one, granted.

You are chosing the easy one that is to make "something" (if I may call Angiens "something") rare and inaccessible to give it a value. To me Angiens should not have a value because they are rare, but for what they represent. And I was expecting SoE to teach the world about what they represent.

I hope I understand wrong.

Respectfully.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Passant the Weak

• Root Admin

[quote name='Passant the Weak' timestamp='1308303251' post='86368']
I had to think a little bit before reacting to that breaking news. I think I am ready now. Sorry for the long post coming, but it is a complex issue that is raised here.___________________________________Preliminary note 1: I respect the decision whatever it is. However it must respect the Realm rules. In that regard, I understand that the Queen of Marind Bell has authority over the land of Marind Bell (including Angien shrine), but no authority over the Angiens themselves. I think the petition respects that, but we must carefully monitor things as they may evolve._________________________I understand SoE were created to make research about Angiens and to worship them.The AL also states that Angiens may help understand shades better.I am not old enough to know what happened since the discovery of the Angiens and the creation of SoE. I would love to be corrected if I am wrong, but what I feel after that petition is that SoE failed. This alliance did not manage to make Angiens respected. And as a consequence of their failure they decide that Angiens and their shrine shall not be visible anymore to anyone.It is one way to solve the problem. There might be other ways. And this part of the petition concerns me a bit:I understand that SoE wants to gain respect by holding a "treasure" that is impossible to reach. I also understand that MB is using Angiens (by limiting access to their shrine) in a greedy way to get more strength.That makes me wonder about the Seekers of Enlightment and Marind's Bell.Are you seeking enlightment for yourself or to light the world by providing knowledge and diffusing positive values learned from Angiens? I think to "Spread The Word of Angiens" was a better way to achieve your purpose. A difficult one, granted. You are chosing the easy one that is to make "something" (if I may call Angiens "something") rare and inaccessible to give it a value. To me Angiens should not have a value because they are rare, but for what they represent. And I was expecting SoE to teach the world about what they represent.I hope I understand wrong.
[/quote]

You confuse us with doing this, As have many, so its nothing to be ashamed of. The petition was not done officially by the Seekers. It was done by one members of it, and i along with other members support it. Emerald produced the petition, so in essence it is his. We did not formulate it as an alliance, But it is his forward and wishful thinking. The queen also supports it, So again, We may support it as individuals who are part of SoE, but there is no alliance wide agreement to support it.

There has not been any discussion inside the alliance, to officially support it. Nor has there been any point whereby we have offically said that we do support it. So please stop associating the alliance SoE with this petition.

As for our goals, That description was written before most of the current players were alive. I believe thusly, it should be treated with a pinch of salt since the alliance has changed a lot since then.

To be honest, when the angiens first started to be made a free for all easy to access creature, my reaction was "WTF?!" While not totally impossible, it's hard to respect something when it is so easily gained. When angiens were hard to obtain, they were enigmatic, and people asked questions about them, trying to learn more of those mysterious creature. Fast forward to when you can barely sell an egg for 1 sc. People were treating them like nothing more than "just another creature", and honestly, how many people even bothered to continue asking questions on their background? People took them for granted, and that does hurt the curiosity surrounding them. Though not without its problems, I personally like this move to return angiens to the status they should have.

Although I am very new in age compared to just about everyone else that plays Magic Duel, I have played browser based games for more than a few years. Similarly to small businesses, a hundred start up with grand dreams that don’t last much more than a year or two for 99% of them. The failures seem to fall into several broad categories:

•Limited content that depends on a repetitive grinding routine or stylized PVP rules.
•Shallow, unchanging back story that does not contain enough flexibility to grow on.
•Single coder, game master who rigidly controls the game and does not accept input from the player base.
•Games that fall apart over arguments about multiple changes, constantly chasing for new players without keeping the older players interested in staying.
•Lack or time, resources, funding to keep a good game alive.

Magic Duel has set itself apart from those failure categories by providing a framework allowed (encouraged) to be fleshed out by the player community. A new player reading the forums can readily see Mur and the council have encouraged the evolution of game mechanics, environment, creatures, back story, quest lines, etc. The current richness of the game is directly attributable to that unique approach.

Of course it has not all been pie in the sky rosy; growth is hard work and there is no such thing as a “fair to all” approach in games or in real life that ever succeeded. No matter what side of the screen one sits at, an evolving society swirls and ebbs around conflict into resolution. Certainly the cross cultural player base of this game has added places, quests, changed places, set up rules, dropped them and added more over the years of history in the archives. Some had lots of conflicted postings, a few slid in with little notice, and there must be at least one that the whole community cheered over somewhere.

To me it seems that the changes to the Angien Shrine are only one more step in the evolution of this game. Is it fair to a new one like me to make it harder to acquire one? Or is it more fair to hand a new player a complete pack full of goodies to instantly make them equal to the seasoned players that spent years growing their main? If I thought that way I could go play a different game but would miss out on the very things that make Magic Duel so enticing to me. So I came into the game while it is in flux and changing - is that not better than starting on a static game that you can leave for two years and come back to only to find it is the same boring game you left?

Reading the forums leads me to believe the true constant here is change, and I have to wonder what is so wrong with that? I’m happy to watch and learn as the world evolves in front of me. If those that are closest to the Angiens feel this is a necessary change, then who am I to try and say it isn’t?

Edited by Stipple