Old threads

Mya Celestia

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]There used to be a thread that was really old. It was started by Mur and mentioned the lake in the north was White Lake and the lake in the north west was Green Lake. It also mentioned Chaos woods. Is it gone with the update?[/font][/color]

You can't find them due to me.
Mur agreed that they could be hidden until he had found a solution for them, i've requested them to be hidden after a newbie came to me and told me my quest was wrong because Gabe Wind was the first king of MB, not Life.

Isn't it the one in the archives?

[url="http://md-archives.com/articles/a-history-of-the-realm-vol-1.html"]http://md-archives.com/articles/a-history-of-the-realm-vol-1.html[/url]

@Burns: I still did that same mistake when I first started Princ Rhaegar's tutorial quest. I believed so until I noticed the big warning at the top of the article.

Ancient Lore, Mya.
I also noticed you use it as reference point in your quest, when a youngling friend approached me with a question "what is the name of Marind Bell lake?".

Please make correct warnings when giving out the task, such as "what is the commonly known name of the lake" or "how is the lake named in the myths of old" and not "what is the name of the lake".

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]There was an old thread in the forum that Mur wrote that I referred them to. In it he calls them White Lake and Green Lake. I don't even begin to look at ancient lore. That's been a no no for a long time. If a newbie makes any sort of reference to it in my mini quests, I steer them right away from it.[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]It wasn't in ancient lore. It was in work in progress. I only mentioned Chaos Woods in reference to the post not in the mini quests. This was just a question. Please don't make it about ancient lore. I was extremely careful when making these.[/font][/color]

I'm 99% sure it was mentioned in Ancient Lore.

I'll check in Archives right away.

Opala, I found it, Ancient Lore: [url="http://md-archives.com/articles/a-history-of-the-realm-vol-1.html"]http://md-archives.c...ealm-vol-1.html[/url]

edit:
My pardons, seem to missed Guillak's post, he already found the link in the beginning of the topic.
In the link Green and White lakes are mentioned.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

Whether or not something is ancient lore shouldn't steer away from people using it in creative ways. Granted, it may not be accurate, but as long as participants in quests and the like know that it isn't accurate in accordance to MD's setting and story, then to me it should be fine. Some people may have liked Adi's stories enough to mention them in quests or stories of their own.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I'm going to be blunt. The information I got was from a FORUM thread. The link used above is not where I got the information. You can wave that flag all you want, but it's not where I got the information. It was a forum thread started by Mur that was from something like '08. [/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]If anybody has access to the hidden threads that Burns mentions, please make a copy of the post I'm referencing. [/font][/color]

Mya, nobody's trying to discredit you or your quest. They are only trying to inform you that the information you're looking for is ancient lore. Not to mention, Burns already tried to answer you:

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1314470110' post='90853']
The whole article is pulled from the forums. Just the warning is added :))
[/quote]

Does the article have what you were looking for, or is it not from the post you're thinking of?

That archive article is indeed exactly the same as the forum post from 2007 in MDA historic docs which i requested hidden content wise.
I've asked Mur if he'd allow the addition of a similar warning as the archives have, but he told me that he doesn't want then edited, but rather hidden until their fate is decided.

Edited by Burns