accept or decline notice for teleport spells

Darigan

can one be teleported to another place even he/she is logged out?

I was at [i]Wraith's Wreck[/i] (GG) last Saturday and logged out (obviously not IDLE) around 11:00:00 Server time due to a personal matter i have to deal with. and today is my first time to log into the game since Saturday, and i found myself at GoE, saw Eon and with personal luck, power fluctuated here (but i do not complain with that).

I also know who has the habit of teleporting people to GoE, but i feel it is too unfair if one can teleport a [b]logged out player[/b]; [color=#ff0000][b]THAT'S TOO MUCH[/b][/color]

My only suggestion for this topic is to make teleport spells not be able to teleport players out of sanctuary locations (or maybe give them a pop up to accept in a sanctuary). Sanctuaries are where people go to be safe from attacks and many people idle in those locations, this way they could be truly safe from attacks, rather than waking up to find they have negative stat damage or having to log out whenever they go away from the game. It also wouldn't mess with heads contest as you aren't supposed to be able to score in sanctuary locations anyways.

I thought that the GOE spell was primarily created to pull people to GOE for heads contest (among other uses). It is for that reason that it works on people who are logged out and in Sanctuaries, I believe. IMHO, putting limitations on an administrative spell like that is going to create more problems than it would solve.

I have a question related to that spell and other "admin" spells. After the seigheart vs dst "trial" about abusing silence spell, I'm not sure if I've understood the rule for the use of such spells: are they supposed to be used only for "in duty" actions by admins, or can they use them at will? The reason I ask is that getting their word from spell owners that they won't sell it is fine. But then shoudln't we ask them to make a commitment to use it only for admin purpose too? (and yes, "Heads" would be an admin purpose). I would suggest to follow Chewett suggestion, with the alteration above. We should then make a list of those "administrative " spells (I know only of "Send to GoE" and "silence").
I would open a thread for that, if nobody else does, but would like some opinions first.

I'll elaborate below my reasoning.

===========================================

The reason for that is the power of such spell. I am a bit concerned too with the use of the Send to GoE as we currently see it. That specific spell does not fit well with the rest of the game play IMHO:

- The spell is like Godmodding in RP
The examples above show that the spell can be used in any situation to send the "victim" to a location without their will. And with no possibility to react. I could accept that if the caster was at the same place as the "victim": we could imagine a RP situation that explains that. But here, the caster can be anywhere, and send the "victim" that can be anywhere too (even offline!) to a specific location. I really don't see any reasonible explaination to such a power. At the very least, i would imagine that the caster has to make a first effort to locate the "victim" and then reach her, before casting the spell.

- The spell ruins the fun of people in certain occasions
Given the power of the spell, we can be in such situations that the "victim" is doing something important for her RP and suddenly finds herself in GoE with no explaination and no real possibility to know what happened. What if the victim was in a remote location that she reached with much effort, using all tools available for that, and for a specific purpose. I yhave a couple examples from my own experience, after being teleported twice from GG yesterday.
Nobody knows why I was there: it can be for making a discrete interview. It can be for investigating on something "spcial" that happened. It can be for doing some research.... whatever. In all those situations, being teleported by an unknown with no possibility to interfere is really discouraging and has a big impacy onmyself just for a "God" caster fun.

You may object that the caster has a good reason to cast that spell against me and that I don't know it either and it is very true. Just the situation could be balanced much more:
- if the caster has something specific against me, then he has all tools available to locate me, find me and do whatever he wants (even using "Send to GoE" if he finds me and if people believe that spell should be available to cast). It is just fair that he has to put a few efforts in it to balance the efforts I put in being in a remote location.
- if the caster is from the main land I am currently at and does not want me in that land, then he can use the "Land cleanser" tools to act against me. That's the purpose of those tools isn't it?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Darigan' timestamp='1320224421' post='95113']
Hence the need for a change to the way Memory stone spells work
[/quote]

one person has said they will, thats a very limited amount of spells. I see no reason why it still cannot work by community action like this.

[i]My opinion: Certain administrative spells should not be able to be imprinted on Memory Stones.[/i]

The community should be able to act on this matter and handle it itself, I'm just saying that that is my opinion. Not all spells should even be possible to be available to anyone who wants to buy. However, any spell that is just for administrative use will only be given to players that The Powers That Be deem worthy, and having deemed them worthy they really should be free to use them as they wish, with the constant risk of having the ability and more removed for abuseing them.

[quote name='nadrolski' timestamp='1320197632' post='95083']
can one be teleported to another place even he/she is logged out?

I was at [i]Wraith's Wreck[/i] (GG) last Saturday and logged out (obviously not IDLE) around 11:00:00 Server time due to a personal matter i have to deal with. and today is my first time to log into the game since Saturday, and i found myself at GoE, saw Eon and with personal luck, power fluctuated here (but i do not complain with that).

I also know who has the habit of teleporting people to GoE, but i feel it is too unfair if one can teleport a [b]logged out player[/b]; [color=#ff0000][b]THAT'S TOO MUCH[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Yes, pretty much every spell works even if the player is logged out at the time - probably exceptions, but I can't think of them atm.

And why is it "TOO MUCH" ? What if people are stuck, and log out? Or are hiding out somewhere during HC and log out etc? The other "accepted" reasons for using it on logged out players?

spells aren't allowed during HC, right boss? but stones are?

is it a valid reason for me to say "TOO MUCH" when i spend MD credits every time i walk through the maze to your dear land?

i am from a resource guild, and one of my job description is to explore every land for resources, and practice preservation and conservation in it, [b]everyday[/b]. and i find one of the item shop very helpful and [i]worth it to spend[/i] on my journey, as it saves my time here in MD, and gives me more time in doing my other obligations in real life.

or wasting MD credits is part of the risk?

or i should just shut my mouth and accept that fact that Eon is one (or probably the only) of the biggest $ investors here?

[quote name='nadrolski' timestamp='1320286594' post='95178']
and i find one of the item shop very helpful and [i]worth it to spend[/i] on my journey, as it saves my time here in MD, and gives me more time in doing my other obligations in real life.

or wasting MD credits is part of the risk?
[/quote]

That's the same as saying i've spent credits to get the message labels and people don't use them correctly, therefor each of them steals that credit from me. You didn't pay credits to be on Golemus, but to have a faster regeneration, and that you got. If somebody else doesn't want you to go where you want to go or not makes no difference to the fact that you got what you bought.

Certain spells can't be used during HC, doesn't matter if they're temp spells, or permanent ones.

Are you asking for spells to not be applicable to offline people, or for Eon to be an exclusion character who isn't allowed to cast any spells?

And Kyphis, I believe some can't overcome the AP requirement.

offline people really shouldn't matter only thing that can be done to them is teleporting them places, which is rather annoying but they have some time once logged into move. As for taking away Eons casting ability that wouldn't really be fair to take away something everyone has.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]The GoE spell (to me) is a special spell. Only certain people have it for a specific reason. It's not an "every day" spell like attack lock or move lock which can be acquired through the wish shop. It should be held to a different standard in my opinion. [/font][/color]

'Spell' is a 'spell'. No 'administration spells' - only those easy to get permanently - and those more difficult.
If a very powerful spell was given to somebody it would be a sign of trust - and there comes responsibility. If the party in question appear to abuse it it would be taken away. If the spell is administrative special cases 3-4 casts should suffice and that does not allow to be imbued on a stone anyway.
So far it was initial period for stones, so mistakes are bound to happen. They were few - and I believe now at least some ppl trade special/ powerful spells with additional provisions or very unwillingly. I do not think there is an issue here now.
... and in general: I never or almost never idle anymore. Simple and effective

No offense Xrieg, but when you have people giving away spells, especially the ones that probably were never ment to be given away, then there is an issue, and being able to idle without having to log completely out is and should be part of the game, though I suppose others will just say that you should know the risks if you idle, I still believe at the very least teleportation spells should have some sort of restriction or chance to fail.

I'm having trouble understanding what Xrieg wrote, but here are my thoughts.

Administrative spells are given for administrative uses. If these spells are cast into stones and given to others, they are no longer available for their administrative purposes. Therefore I do not think spells granted for administrative reasons should be allowed to be traded without restriction. I am willing to trust that those granted such authority can regulate themselves, but then again, I haven't yet been affected by the more widespread availability of such spells.

I believe administrative spells should be used for administration. If I am mistaken and the purpose of granting administrative spells is to reward those given authority, why not substitute silver and gold? Certainly our community leaders should be rewarded; but we must determine if they have been rewarded sufficiently already, and rather or not these rewards benefit the greater community.