For Linux users:Clicking on buttons brings the new windows up under the old ones

PeterParker

Every time I try to attack another player, worship my protector, visit a store, or do many other things, I have to refresh my browser before it works

The first time I do anything after refreshing the browser, it works perfectly, but on any subsequent actions of that sort the new information appears behind the old information (which makes it very difficult to use). This does not apply to moving between locations or clicking on any of the links on the left-hand side.

My operating system is Kubuntu and my browser is Firefox - both are up-to-date.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure why this is happening

could you clarify the bit about the new windows

have you any addons installed onto firefox?

Sorry about being confusing. When you click the button that says "Attack this player (xxx honor)", the browser adds a new "box" to the screen with the attack interface. The same thing is used for reviewing previous attacks, accessing the worshipping/stats gained information, receiving extra stats at the beginning of a new game day, purchasing things from stores, etc... My problem is that this "box" appears underneath the other elements of the page every time except the first time I click on one of them after refreshing the page.

It doesn't actually open a browser window, everything happens on the same browser tab. Sorry about the confusion.

My computer used to be dual-booted with Windows XP, and it worked fine with Firefox in Windows, so I think it might have something to do with Linux. And I don't have any addons installed onto firefox.

Thanks.

Wow, my screen doesn't look like that at all, half of those images don't have that appearence on mine... that is confusing, where is the worship screen?

The worship screen is behind the elements of the creatures/vitality screen.

As far as the images' appearance is concerned, I think that just has something to do with transparencies not working. If you know of any settings that I could change to make it better, let me know, but I'm not as frustrated about that as I am about continually refreshing to be able to do simple things such as attacking other players.

by appearance, I meant that the screen, not the transparencies and the parts where it is obviously screwing up, but like the ring to upgrade creatures is just a dull gray circle all the way around, and some of the other buttons look slightly different, quaint. Also, this happened once, my flash player need to be upgraded, so I upgraded it, try that.

I just installed flash player 9, but I'm still having the same problem. I guess that wasn't it. It's also interesting to note that when I log on at the beginning of a new game day, the box that tells you what you gain for logging on appears behind the main screen, even though it is the first box to appear. Every other box appears in front of the main screen if it's the first box I click on after the last refresh. If it's not the first, then it also appears behind the main screen and I have to refresh and try again. I wonder why the introduction screen is the exception to the "first box is on top" rule? Am I making sense?

Actually, I think Netscape has a closer affiliation with Firefox, especially as they are now encouraging people to switch to FF. In any case, I would prefer not to have to switch browsers if I didn't have to. I'm kind of attached to Firefox.

http://blog.netscape.com/2007/12/28/end-of...e-web-browsers/

Netscape can be both IE and FF based, it's your choice and no wonder they encourage the use of FF, IE sux.

Didn't know that, but I though Netscape was the browser that was first and that IE was basically cloned after and then Microsoft used its monopolistic buying power to basically kill Netscape?

Netscape is dead...