For Linux users:Clicking on buttons brings the new windows up under the old ones

PeterParker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I have the same problem and I also use Linux. I even tried IE6 and IE7 under Linux (with Wine) and it is the same. So, I guess it has something to do with Linux but I don't know what.

I have the same problem, using Firefox on a Gentoo Linux install. Also no idea what the issue is.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this problem on a Ubuntu Gutsy install.

A similar problem occurs with Mac OS X 10.4.11 with Firefox. screenshot below

gif.gif

It works fine on Safari, though it throws this error after I log in:

Error: SyntaxError

Err description: undefined

Err number: undefined

Err message: Parse error

Ajax response:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

<html><head>

<title>404 Not Found</title>

</head><body>

<h1>Not Found</h1>

<p>The requested URL /ifrm/ctrl.keeponline.php was not found on this server.</p>

<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found

error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>

<hr>

<address>Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.6 Server at magicduel.com Port 80</address>

</body></html>

post-1597-1213114856_thumb.jpg

Chewett, I assume you are asking me.

I did not do anything. Prior to May 29th (when I made my "me too!" post above) I had been experiencing this issue at all times. I upgraded to Firefox 3 Beta 5_r4 before that date and was still experiencing this issue.

I was on vacation between June 5th and June 9th. While on vacation I was playing a little bit on my friend's Ubuntu install. I do not know which version of Firefox he is using, but that is when I first noticed that the bug had been fixed. When I returned home and played on my system again, I was unable to replicate the bug.

At no time did I upgrade or re-install my Flash player.

If you are referring to me and not Yoric, it has always worked like that. usually I use ubuntu/firefox or xp/firefox. If it's not something that happens to all mac firefox users, then it's clearly on my end, and not a big deal, since I will use a different system.

• 3 months later...

I was using IE to play this game before. Now I'm using the latest Firefox. If I recall, Firefox didn't work with this game when I had XP. I know this problem stems from transparent windowless mode in Flash. I've been searching around and found that for Firefox, you have to set the source to: wmode="transparent"

Where as in IE the source is: <param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Also, I'm running the latest version of Flash obviously. Don't know how much of this matters, but if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Update: I downloaded opera and can now play this game. It's still ugly, just like the OP's screenshots, but anything is better than nothing.

Update #2: Opera fixed the original problem but then I was then unable to see fights or messages because the boxes were popping up underneath the main window.

just like i said i am using ff2 on linux, it is all ugly because opacity in ie and other browser arent coded in same way, mur was lazy on this matter :P he coded this game to work best with ie (yes i know bad decision)

to me everything is okey except flash opacity, and this battle windows poping out, i had this problem only with first window at beginning of game and no more

in short: this game works best with ie (i am asking myself how much money does mickey$oft gives to mur for making this game working best with m$ ie), and has a bad support on other browsers

Yeah. I respect a web designer's choice to make his site however he wants, but I think it's pretty messed up that in 2008 people are still coding for IE only. Bill gates just wants us all to install windows, so we can get together and digitally invade Poland. :P Heil M$

I Crtl+F5'ed the browser but it should be noted that problem existed since the first time booting up Linux. I don't really have an antivirus program, and as for a firewall, I don't have a software firewall, I'm using a router. After doing an extensive search on the internet I've found that the problem doesn't really lie with the game as much as I thought. The support for transparent windowless animations in the flash version for Firefox is terrible. It's a combination between Mozilla and Macromedia not fixing the issue. From what I've gathered, it IS possible for the designer to make it work, but it's complicated, time consuming, and even then, it has performance issues. I don't really blame Mur or his team for not trying to rewrite his entire script when in reality only a few people are affected by it anyway. Most people use IE. As for my original question, I feel that it's been answered completely, and I'm fine with an administrator closing the topic or making it a sticky for people that use Linux. Though there wasn't anyway to fix this, I'm still thankful for everyones help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...